This is an hotel called / titled small luxury hotel of the World.
it is to me a very very very very tiny luxury as can be a 2*, we had a 1 week stay and everything went wrong from the begining.
the Receptionist is unprofessional, reading news paper or playing with mobile phone, you feel like you embaressed to disturb them as they even dare look at you
Room clean and spacious but obviously not renovated, scratched taps,loosing painting jacuzzi outlets, noisy AC, unefficient Fan, snatched mosquito net...
empty buffet room, huge room but small food ,the set a la carte is terrible, always potatoes and pasta, service to the minimum, difficult to get a sincere smile, you can feel theysmile as they only expect tips, you even have to call them to get served.
Bartender unprofessional, always speaking behing the bar with an other staff while you have to wait for your drink for more than 20 minutes outside. And still when you have to go yourself to the bar to ask the ordered beverage you feel again disturbing them...
it is an AWFULL feeling to be a guest, and feeling disturbing the staff every time you ask something. they do not come to you , you have to go to them, you might undestand when the hotel is full staffs are busy but as a waiter said there was only 30% occupancy and staff still not find time to pamper their guests
Wooden beach loungers are extremly old and damage, beach boys so anoyng that you have to stay at the pool, because they never keep calling for morning to late evening, the only time you enjoy the beach is night time or high tide.
what makes me sad and very sorry for this property, is that there is no one to control, supervise or check the staff, i felt they were on their own, i did not have the chance to have a word with the manager in a week. A bit of management could change the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a resort where the enchanting power of nature blends in with the exotic style of the Indo-Arab buildings to offer you a mesmerizing charm, which in Swahili, is called "bembeleza". Sit in the Balinese chaise lounges on your room terrace and listen to the sound of the wind rustling the palm trees, enjoy the music of the waves and let your heart dance in silence: your Dream of total relaxation has finally come true. Chose to dine on the open air terrace or inside the air conditioned restaurant, overlooking the swimming pool or at the a la carte restaurant serving a selection of seafood menus on the beach. Endowed with a centre of Thalassotherapy, a beauty centre and a gym with spectacular view on the ocean, the Dream Spa is the ideal place for the restoration and the maintenance of global prosperity ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jovago.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Diamonds Dream of Africa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds Dream Of Africa Hotel Malindi
- Dream Of Africa Malindi
- Dream Of Africa Hotel
- Diamonds Dream Of Africa Malindi, Kenya