“Decent Pizza”

Dining options: Seating, Waitstaff
Nairobi, Kenya
“Decent Pizza”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Had the sailfish pizza, decent size and taste, but a bit pricey.

Someone else had the margarita with bolognese, a bit soggy.

Visited September 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Pizzas in kenya”
Reviewed 15 October 2011

They make the best pizzas in kenya. The place is at the road, abit noisy but ok. Simetimes beggers or guys who sell some local stuff disturb but its ok. The service is avarage. But the pizzas are just fantastic

1 Thank oli_ny
Nairobi, Kenya
“New Management - Great Improvement”
Reviewed 1 October 2010

Since about a year new management has taken over this popular coffee place and turned the place around. Charming service, nice and early breakfast available and much better food. Thumbs up,

2 Thank HavanaMan
Nairobi
“nice to sit, coffee is ok, but forget about the food”
Reviewed 24 September 2010

It's a nice place for an afternoon coffee, good service, and one can't complain about the breakfast served there. But for food there a far better places in Malindi.

2 Thank Gussi63
Mombasa,Kenya
“the food was as rotten as the manager's manners”
Reviewed 8 June 2009

My wife and I recently ate at this eatery.
its basically a place with a beer garden/coffee shop set by the road side opposite the Malindi Casino.

We ordered a beer and a soda for drinks and a meat lasagna and a sandwich for lunch.The sandwich was okay but the meat lasagna was terrible. It was actually stinking and it was obvious the meat had gone off.
I refused to eat it and we complained to the waitress. she took it back to the kitchen and they returned it saying it was supposed to smell like that and I had never been to Italy so I would not know what lasagna is supposed to look or smell like.
I stood my ground and asked for the manager.
unfortunately for us, he was sitting right next to us, but at no time offered to intervene. he finally did come and then told me there is nothing wrong with the lasagna.
I asked him to take a few bite and swallow them himself if there was nothing wrong and I would then pay for it.
This did not go down well and he made an excuse saying he was not hungry.
This further proved my point.

I refused to pay and finally he agreed to take it back.

A popular restaurant critic( Gasto d'nom) also lashed out at this eatery a couple of weeks back. unfortunately we had already been there before the review was publised.

be careful what you order here.....

suggest karen blixen coffee garden a little across the road as a safer bet.

2 Thank Kenya-specialist