Having read all the positive reviews of Intrepids, we choose Intrepids over other excellent lodges in Samburu. We had a nice stay but expected more.
Price was good but a couple of things made us think it was a bit average. First of all, the lodge is located in Samburu at the river bank but at the other side there are human settlements with cattle. Some of these cows have bells around their neck. Also at night. So you can imagine...
The dining area is also very dark and you do not have a clear view on the river. A pity, especially when the weather is beautiful.
Service was very good and the people of Intrepids did everything to make us feel welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samburu Intrepids' location deep inside the reserve guarantees close encounters with Samburu's shyer species, including elephant, leopard and Samburu famous 'special five' - the rare reticulated giraffe, long-necked genernuk antelope, Somali ostrich, Grevy's zebra, and majestic Beisa oryx. This luxurious tented lodge offers modern tents with a private view over the riverbanks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Samburu Intrepids Luxury Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samburu Intrepids Luxury Tented Camp Hotel Samburu National Reserve
- Samburu Intrepids Luxury Tented Camp Kenya/Samburu National Reserve