Arrived 26th May 2014 for 3 nights. Flew in from Nairobi by Safari Link, about a hour flight, great flight. We were greeted by Dominic, who checked all our paper work and then drove us to the camp, about 2 minutes. After a quick check in, a refreshing drink and info about the camp we were led to our tent. The tents are fantastic, everything you need Shower, toilet, toiletries, double bed and a veranda. In the evening the steward turns your bed down, puts the mossie net down and puts a hot water bottle in your bed. There are 2 game drives per day, 6.30 and 15.30. You are awoken in the morning (time arranged the night before) by your steward, who brings Tea, Coffee or Hot Chocolate and cookies. Dominic was our driver and he was brilliant, very knowledgeable and funny, he knew where to find all the animals (on our first drive he found a Leopard). After the evening game drive before dinner, you could meet Tilas or James, who would give talks about the animals, the local culture and Samburu tribes. The talks lasted about 30 minutes and were very interesting. The food was excellent, real five star. Our waiter was Josephat and he would look after all our dining needs. The whole camp was fantastic from the tents to the bar area, to the pool, to the reception. Kenneth the bar man, Maurice and the rest of the staff were brilliant. Richard the camp Manager had been away, but on our last day he returned and the first thing he did was to come and meet his guests to make sure everything was ok. That's customer service. Would I return to Samburu Intrepids, try and keep me away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samburu Intrepids' location deep inside the reserve guarantees close encounters with Samburu's shyer species, including elephant, leopard and Samburu famous 'special five' - the rare reticulated giraffe, long-necked genernuk antelope, Somali ostrich, Grevy's zebra, and majestic Beisa oryx. This luxurious tented lodge offers modern tents with a private view over the riverbanks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Samburu Intrepids Luxury Tented Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samburu Intrepids Luxury Tented Camp Hotel Samburu National Reserve
- Samburu Intrepids Luxury Tented Camp Kenya/Samburu National Reserve