This lodge is really great. The people at the lodge were wonderful. The buffet food was maybe a 7 (on a scale of 1 to 10) - OK but not outstanding. Game viewing was amazing, The pool has great views of game.
The only downside was the warmth of the rooms. They have big open sliding doors, with no screens (maybe for fear of animals getting in.) so they had to be kept closed to keep out insects In any case, the ventilation was pretty poor, so our room was around 81 to 82F day and night. Even with the ceiling fan on high, and just a sheet over us, sleeping was pretty sweaty. The other places we stayed out were much more comfortable for sleeping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the fertile banks of the Uaso Nyiro River at an altitude of 700 meters, in the center of the Samburu Game Reserve Kenya, Samburu Serena Safari Lodge echoes the robust rhythms of river front life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers so you can book your Samburu Serena Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samburu Serena Safari Hotel Samburu National Reserve
- Samburu Serena Safari Lodge Kenya/Samburu National Reserve