My wife and I spent 2 nights at the Elephant Bedroom Camp as part of a monthlong African Safari in October of 2013. The Elephant Bedroom was awesome... the location was perfect, right along the river and the elephants really did come through the camp at night... to the point that they required you to have an escort while coming and going to your room after dark. The game drives were spectacular in the Samburu Reserve, and our guide (Julius) was wonderful... knowledgeable and respectful, and really helped make this part of the trip incredibly memorable. The rooms were quite comfortable and very clean.. double beds with mosquito netting, warm showers, and flushing toilets in the rooms. There is no air conditioning, and bear in mind that it gets HOT there during the day (usually an afternoon siesta since there's not much game active in the heat of the day). There were small wading pools on the porch cool off in, and the bungalows were elevated about 15 feet off of the ground. It all made for an enchanting stay, and the food was certainly well above average... especially considering where you are and the beer/wine was very reasonable in price and readily available. Definitely a great experience, and strongly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elephant Bedroom Camp offers luxury in a setting of breathtaking beauty. It is set along the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River and shaded by doum palms and other trees that make up this green belt of riverine forest in Samburu National Reserve. The surrounding Samburu National Reserve is an area of spectacular scenery; its dry plains bisected by the meandering river, with the backdrop of Africa's dramatic mountains, including Mt Kenya. The spacious tents have rustic and colourful African touches, offering all the comforts; including a private plunge pool on the deck, hot and cold running water, electricity (and complimentary herbal shower and bath products.) The lounge and dining area is decorated with vibrant safari style, its soft intimate lighting assuring that this is the ultimate place to relax in between exciting game drives. Elephant, Monkeys, Impalas are amongst the camp's many regular wild visitors, whilst Samburu National Reserve has a good number of lions and leopards and offers the opportunity to see many species endemic to northern Kenya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Elephant Bedroom Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elephant Bedroom Camp Hotel Samburu National Reserve
- Elephant Bedroom Camp Kenya/Samburu National Reserve