“Value for Money for business travellers”

Courtyard Kuwait City
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dasman
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Value for Money for business travellers”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

If you are on a business trip to Kuwait, and you are short in budget, then Courtyard Marriott is an excellent place to stay. The standard rooms are clean but small; dont expect much amenities in the room as you will only get the basic stuff. If you are looking for a luxurious stay I would recommend either JW Marriott or Sheraton Luxury.

What I liked in the room is the effective steam iron, as Hotels usually offer a low voltage steam iron that doesnt iron well so that you can always use their services. On the contrary, Courtyard offers an in room steam iron with a good brand to neatly iron your shirts and pants. I always travel with folded shirts so I always need to run a quick iron on them.

What I didnt like is the lack of the friendly smile from staff in the morning breakfast buffet. The staff seems to have low moral towards what they are doing and service you with lack of interest.. I felt discouraged to ask for assistance or to order more coffee.. I just did it myself.

In addition the GYM tread mills are outdated.. the one I was using needs maintenance for sure, I could feel instability under my foot and had to use my hands to weigh my balance. However, the GYM is nice and clean and the GYM receptionist is friendly.

Location of the hotel is convenient, and taxis can be arranged by the hotel. However make sure you ask for receipts from the taxi driver if you are going to expense them as hotel taxis are pricy.

Room Tip: Ask for room with windows facing the street rather than the inner lobby of the hotel
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank BKBLUELOGIC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Turku, Finland
Reviewed 5 February 2012

The Courtyard Kuwait City did everything to make our stay so enjoyable. They picked us up at the airport and let us check in as soon as we arrived. They also accommodated our departing flight schedule and gave us a late check out. Breakfast was delicious and everyone was so helpful.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have views of the interior courtyard.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 25 January 2012

I stayed before in a Courtyard by Marriott in Vienna which was a very basic hotel. Therefore I pleasantly surprised with this Courtyard in Kuwait.

The hotel is very light (a lot of windows everywhere) and spacious, but still has a comfortable feel to it. Breakfast was good, the gym great (sauna, steamroom, about 8 treadmills with TV, weights and empty in the mornings) and there's free wireless wifi everywhere (which is the first time I see this in a Marriott hotel). There's a big outside pool, which I didnt use as it was 10 degrees outside.

I requested a non-smoking room with king-sized bed, which wasn't available as there was some Kuwaiti governmental event taking place. In the end I opted for a smoking room which wasn't 'smoky' at all (room 1408) with a great view (see attached pic). Good shower, good variety of Tv channels, overall good.

The hotel is attached to a shopping mall, which is a slightly up-class mall with not many food-outlets. There's Carribou coffee, an italian restaurant (simple but good food), a sushi bar and a chocolate/sweets/sandwich place. But still convenient as the hotel restaurant is quite expensive if you go for a la carte.

Staff was helpful and friendly, although they take their time for check in and out, but no problem if you;re not in a rush.

It's not cheap to stay here (Kd 75-80 per night) compared to other hotels in the GCC, but then again it seems that all Kuwaiti hotels are quite expensive

I would definitely recommend staying here and I will do so again when I come back to Kuwait

Room Tip: Get a room on one of the higher floors (from 10 upwards) and ask for a room with a view of the city...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed 4 January 2012

This may be my 4th or 5th stay with Courtyard by Marriott, Kuwait. It is still good, but the hotel needs to do something about their furnature as soon as possible. The furniture is getting old, and my interest in this hotel is becoming less and less every year.

Although the hotel is one of the best hotels in Kuwait, but in order to stay in the lead, a quick maintenance and refurbishment is a must.

The service is excellent and the rates are reasonable and even the breakfast is somehow good. The location of the hotel is also definetely a plus. There's also a mall just below, Al Rayyah Mall, which can be convenient.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Brentwood, New Hampshire
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I truly enjoyed my stay at the Courtyard Kuwait. I have stayed in numerous Marriotts over the years and can honestly say that none have compared to the service provided at this property. I arrived for a six day business trip at around 8:00 AM on a Saturday morning. I had requested early check-in and had absolutely no problem getting into my room early. The hotel upgraded me to a beautiful two room suite on the 20th floor – very nice views. There was a nice complimentary breakfast each morning and the staff at the club lounge was outstanding. Perhaps the most memorable part of my stay was the service provided by the hotel driver Salim. I was attending a 3-day event about 20 minutes drive from the hotel. Each morning Salim picked me (and a colleague) up at the hotel and brought us (free of charge) to the event. He returned each evening to collect us up and bring us back to the hotel . He even drove me to the airport on my departure on his day off – truly outstanding!! I look forward to returning to the Courtyard Kuwait on my next trip and would never stay in a different hotel. Well done Marriott.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ToddNH
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Between my team members and I we’ve been staying at this property for the past few months. Service is friendly, helpful and punctual… Great hotel staff. The rooms are comfortable and clean with all the basics in place to have a nice stay. I would recommend this place for the traveling business fellow but not sure I would choose to stay here on vacation… Generally most guests, if not all, are travelling business people with practically a non-existent vacation atmosphere…

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank fn-lonetraveler
Barcelona
Reviewed 19 November 2011

What sets this hotel apart is the staff, yes the rooms are nice with all the things that you would expect from a mainstream hotel, but it seems that the staff cannot do enough for you.

Courteous and friendly and they help to lift the experience above what you would expect from the Courtyard brand.

Long may it continue!

Room Tip: walk to the Souk and have a chicken kebab with the most delicious Arabic bread.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dasman
JW Marriott Hotel Kuwait City
#21 of 69 in Kuwait City
Le Royal Tower Hotel
Le Royal Tower Hotel
#19 of 69 in Kuwait City

Been to Courtyard Kuwait City? Share your experiences!