“functional.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jahra
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“functional.”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Arrived here as part of my middle eastern tour and was vastly underwhelmed. It's like the Kuwaiti version of a travel lodge. Clean, functional but soulless. I appreciate it's a different culture but there's no escaping cigarette smoke. That's it really.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Alaa S, Hotel Manager at Al Jahra Copthorne Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Dear Mr. David,

Thank you for the time extended to write your review about your last stay at Al Jahra Copthorne Hotel & Resort, we are happy to hear that we your stay with us was overwhelming.

I also wish thank you for your comments regarding the smoking in public areas. We apologize if you were disturbed from the cigarette smoke from other guests at the hotel and rest assured that your comments will be taken into serious consideration. We have always used customer’s feedback to continually improve our product and service.

Thank you again for your comments and please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have and further comments, or future requests.

alaa.selim@millenniumhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Arabic first
Manama
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I would recommend this hotel for any business traveller having work outside of Kuwait city and need a place in the area, this is the best choice. The hotel markets itself as a resort for the locals, but for expats this is the perfect business hotel.

It is quiet with big beds, so you will get a good sleep. Spacious rooms, and they contain all the amenities that a business traveller needs without the need to call house keeping for a "robe" or a "bottle of water". Each room even has a desk and a proper internet cable to start work. A coffee/tea set, free water, robes, slippers, shoe shining ...etc. you area ll set for the day.

The location is practical, and adjacent to the mall, supermarkets and restaurants.

The staff are fantastic and go out of their way to please guests.

The food is superb for Kuwaiti standards and I do not think I have had better food in Kuwait... this is referring to their daily buffets (Breakfast, lunch, dinner).

As a business traveller this is a comfortable hotel that meets all the requirements.

If you are coming to this hotel as a resort, well, you are in the wrong COUNTRY. Kuwait is not a tourist attraction so do not expect the tourism industry to be catered towards that.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the lobby to make use of the lobby wifi. otherwise the rooms only have inte...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Alaa S, General Manager at Al Jahra Copthorne Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Ms. Al Thawadi,

Let me start by thanking you for choosing Al Jahra Copthorne Hotel & Resort as a place to stay during your business trips to Kuwait, we know you have a choice in lodging and we do appreciate you considering Al Jahra Copthorne for your travel needs.

I am thrilled to see your wonderful comments about your stay at the Al Jahra Copthorne Hotel & Resort in such high regard. It is really pleasing to see that our staff have served you well and made your stay such an enjoyable one.

At Al Jahra Copthorne, we take pride of our beautiful property and our sincere employees, and I am certain your fantastic words will be a great morale boost to all of them.

We all are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to Kuwait.

Many thanks

alaa.selim@cop-aljahra.com
London
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I booked a room at Le Tower with Expedia a month before my visit. The week before I phoned the Hotel for an airport transfer to find no booking. Expedia apologised! just! but there were no rooms at any Inn in Kuwait City due to GCC meeting so Expedia sent me here.
It is 30 minutes from Kuwait City.
The hotel itself is OK. Hardly a resort - but it has a pool. Unfortunately it was raining.
The front desk is poor. The Head man there tries to deal with everyone at once making for a long drawn out process. He keeps telling you to sit down in the Lounge - but if you do he then deals with whoever is in front of him and you get forgotten. I was told room would be a few minutes. 45 minutes later I complained - only to find my room ready - and it had been for some time. DO NOT SIT IN THE LOUNGE
Rooms are fine - I was not sure what my rate was as Expedia were paying.
I did not eat in teh Hotel as was travelling with colleagues whose rooms at Le Tower were not cancelled.
I took a pre-booked taxi to Kuwait City - but was it a taxi? The driver had no receipts and did not want to be seen being paid by the police / army who were everywhere. I guess it was an uninsured taxi / private car.
My trip back I used Kuds Cars (from Le Tower Hotel) - the driver had never heard of the AL Jahra Copthorne Hotel - It was his first. Sign posting is poor and we missed the key turn - ending up on a by pass and taking 5 minutes longer.
At my meetings in Kuwait City the next day - nobody had heard of the Hotel.
I pre-booked an airport car for 12:45. Came down to check out at 12:35.
Was asked if I had used teh minibar - said yes and the item used. The guy on the desk then phones housekeeping to check my minibar - so no trust ! He phoned 3 more times and I eventually paid the bill ( with no minibar charge) at 12:50. My car eventually left at 13:10 as we waited for another guest to check out.
Due to GCC meeting - a mega jam was created at airport by police just blocking roads. The jam had only just begun but it still took 70mins longer than normal (35 mins = normal) and I just made my flight. I guess many did not as airport empty - including check in desks.
My worst visit to Kuwait - and I visit at least 2x a year.
If you use Expedia or anyone else - check with the Hotel that your booking is recognised asap - do not rely on Expedia - they even sent me a "Did you enjoy your stay at Le Tower" e-mail afterwards!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mr. Jenner

It is with great sorrow to come to know that your last stay with us was a not such a pleasant one and that you have faced few situations with taxi transportation and delayed check-in, that eventually led to this feeling of dissatisfaction showed in your comments.

I personally wish to thank you for your feedback as we take all comments into serious consideration. There are always things that we could do better, and this might involve changing the taxi company we deal with, following your valuable and valid comments, and develop specific staff training on how to speed up check-in and out procedures. It is you, our guests, who we want to make happy. That's why we rely on your feedback so much!

Thank you again for your comments and as usual, please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have and further comments, or in future requests. We remain,

Faithfully yours,

alaa.selim@cop-aljahra.com
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Staff are always friendly and the service is great. I won't mention names because, although there were some greats, there was no one that was bad. The rooms (I have stayed twice in two different rooms) look recently refurbished; they are comfortable, quiet. Good showers and no shortage of steaming hot water. Certainly no complaints with the food, although a vegetarian friend wasn't well catered for, and I always look forward to BBQ night on thursdays. Snacks and drinks are available in the sports bar and wifi reaches certain parts beside the pool. I am a macbook air user with no LAN cable connection but the hotel provided a router for my room. On my third month and no issues.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Patrick F
Dani S, General Manager at Al Jahra Copthorne Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Dear Mr. Patrick,

Thank you for your comments and appreciation on our efforts in making your stay as great as possible.

We are on the process of improving our menus including vegetarian cuisines. While, WI-FI in all guest rooms is in our pipeline of future projects.

Once again, thank you.

Dani Mounir Saleh
dublin
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I am currently staying at this hotel at the moment i am in Kuwait on business,No wifi in the rooms just a internet cable, I get a lunch box as I am working night shift I ordered chicken with veg and rice I got a tiny brest of chicken +part of a leg of chicken with bones and no veg this costs more then 6KD which is about 18 ruros
which is expensive for a packed dinner,

Room Tip: Rooms facing the car park are quieter during the day
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Roy,

Thank you for your valuable comments that will surely help us on our way to improvement.

We understand that WI-FI in our common areas will not suffice. Therefore, WI-FI in guest rooms is included in our future projects. With regards to lunch box, since you are still staying in the hotel, our F&B Manager and Executive Chef are very glad to meet you and discuss further.

Again, thank you and be assured that we deal with your concerns fervently.

Dani Mounir Saleh
birmingham
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Stayed at this hotel in total for around 4 months over a 2 year period.

Pros:
Rooms are always spotless.
Staff are friendly and can never do enough for you.
Food is excellent and a lot of choice, they do offer special nights like Italian, BBQ etc.
Sports cafe downstairs if comfy and good variety of snacks.
Lots to do on a day off, Gym, Pool, Table Tennis
The Milkshakes! Who needs beer!!

Cons:
After 4 months, the same pan pipe music played in the reception and restaurant got very depressing, there's only so much Ce line Dion - My heart will go on pan pipe style a guy can take!
Mini Bar never gets refilled
No WiFi in the rooms

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank hylandz
Catherine C, The Management at Al Jahra Copthorne Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, 22 November 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for recognizing our efforts in making your stay as great as possible and up to your expectations.

With regards to Hotel House Music, we are in process of selecting variety of music to be played and soon it will be implemented. Concerning your mini bar, please be assured points are taken in consideration for this not to happen again. While WIFI inside the rooms is one of our future projects.

Truly, The Management values your feedback and trust it will be addressed seriously and positively.

Once again, our deepest appreciation and we look forward to welcoming you again,in our Hotel.

The Management
yorks, UK
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Stayed here while visiting a client. Pretty much everything a business traveller could ask for.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank shisha101
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jahra
Ibis Sharq Kuwait
Flora Park Hotel Apartment
#39 of 69 in Kuwait City
Crowne Plaza Kuwait Al Thuraya City
Four Points by Sheraton Kuwait

Been to Al Jahra Copthorne Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!