Grand Hills Broummana is considered to be one of THE hotels in Lebanon. I personally didn't see the reason for all the hype, but it is certainly a nice hotel.
Its situated on the outskirts of Beirut, in the suburb Broummana, it has magnificent views of mountains on one side and downtown Beirut and sea on the other side (see my photos). For me the most impressive is actually a beautiful terrace around pool with its calm atmosphere and the view of Lebanon mountains .
Food and service were both ok, hotel very spacious, the decor opulent on the border of kitschy. The biggest drawback for anyone who came to Beirut for the sake of Beirut that it is some 30-45 minutes away from city centre (approx 20-30 US$ taxi).
In short, nothing to write home about, however a nice and pleasant hotel. I wouldn't mind staying in it again (if company paid for it as it has this time), however if your goal is to explore Beirut then choose something more central!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the most fascinating resorts in the region, Grand Hills, a Luxury Collection Hotel & Spa is also the home of an eclectic ensemble of over 1,200 pieces of art, sculptures, antiques and hand-crafted furniture that convey the compelling vision of the world's most prolific diamond collector. Nestled in Lebanon's popular mountain village of Broumana, the hotel offers an alluring sanctuary a cool 750 meters above sea level, and a convenient drive from the coast, ski slopes, buzzing downtown Beirut and Rafic Hariri International Airport. Spread out over 35,000 square meters, Grand Hills offers a picturesque pinewood pedestrian village setting with exquisite gardens and stunning views of both the mountains and gold coast of Beirut. The hotel's lobby and public spaces proudly reveal a mosaic of antiques and sculptures, each offering a glimpse of their fascinating history and the mastermind curator that acquired them. Grand Hills features 118 rooms and suites, including 62 Deluxe Rooms, 12 Grand Deluxe and 44 Luxury Suites. Each room is unique, with decor and hand-crafted furniture inspired by the exquisite antiques they contain from all over the world. In addition to the modern amenities and comforts expected by today's global explorers, all rooms and suites afford breathtaking views of the mountains, the sea, the gardens or the swimming pool. In addition, the village also incorporates 52 apartments offering views of the Sunrise and the Sunset. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Hills, a Luxury Collection Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hills Hotel Broummana
- Grand Hills Hotel And Spa
- Grand Hills, a Luxury Collection Hotel & Spa Lebanon/Broummana