“Ok but...”

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Byblos
Broumana, Lebanon
“Ok but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed there with my wife a couple of days ago. The hotel is very nice and has a lot of potential. However, I feel that there are a couple of management issues that I felt are not letting me give it an above average rating. One thing that struck me is how they were trying to save money on things that actually make them look good. For example, we had no laundry bags in our room. Another thing that struck me was the restaurant we went to "Clovis" which was in the hotel. We had gone there for a wine tasting event. Service was less than mediocre. They certainly did not prepare well as some of us waited forever for wine and for food while some others got their needs satisfied very fast. As a matter of fact in a place that was packed, there was not enough glasses for the sparkling wine! Another thing that struck me was the garbage bin in the toilet that was battery operated but was left open. Maybe they were out of batteries or the bin was busted. In a boutique hotel, people look at the details. It is the details that make the stay more fun.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Beirut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed at this Hotel during a weekday in July 2013 and it was a great experience.
It is a beautiful boutique hotel, very thoughtful to have it located very close to the Jbeil souk and bars.
Staff were friendly, specially a nice lady at the restaurant during the breakfast, as well as a very young waiter who helped us give more information about the hotel all in all, also the maitre d' of the top floor restaurant was very-very professional. But the receptionists not that much.
I wish the lobby and reception area were larger.
The room was actually very small but very clean and well decorated, it needs to be more spacious.
There is not a great view from the balcony, specially that my stay was on the first floor but the location is so perfect for any stayer or tourist.

The items on the breakfast buffet were essential and enough taking into consideration that this is a boutique Hotel and the staff was professional, knowing their product very well.

The restaurant on the 4th floor was amazing with a great view. The food was excellent and exceptional.

My experience all in all was good, it is a very nice place to sleep and enjoy the city of Byblos.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank azad_mitri
California, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was at 'Aleph boutique hotel' with my husband last January. Every floor of the hotel grouped a list of destinations from around the world, a collection of figures and symbols, and a group of ancient myths and legends, all connected through their exceptional and mystical link with the old Phoenician times.
My room was dedicated to the top Lebanese singer 'Fairuz'. There was a big picture of her on the wall of the room and my room was called 'Fairuz'. No numbers on the rooms of my floor, just names of famous Lebanese characters. My room offered an astonishing view overlooking the city of Byblos.The room was very clean and very well decorated in white & black. The only disadvantage it had was that it was very small and had no balcony, instead, had a big window looking like a balcony and overlooking the Byblos ruins.. The hotel featured the contrast between the touch of an ancient city and modern life.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Reviewer R
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

I spent one night at the hotel with my Mom, and our experience was delightful. The Staff were courteous, friendly, and professional and very focused on making sure our stay was pleasant. They let us check 3 rooms before we chose the one we liked with a view (The Fayrooz room)

The rooms and hotel in general is clean and modern, the rooms are quite small but still are comfortable and well kept.

The real gem in the hotel though was the french restaurant Clovis on the 4th floor. Every dish we tried was wonderful, the Seafood risotto is exceptional (best risotto I've tried) and the coconut ice cream for dessert was lovely.

Breakfast was generous and more than one person can consume on their own.

I would definitely recommend you stay at the hotel, I know I will be going there again.

Room Tip: Choose the Feyrooz room, it's got a great view of the beach
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank FooDivaa
Athens
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

I booked the hotel through bookings. I arrived at 1:00am Friendly reception smooth checkin.
And then the party started. I discovered that the room I saw in the pictures was the suits picture and not the standard, you could fit 2 children but not 2 adults.
When I asked the reception I was told that this could be resolved in the morning. Since I did not have any other option I was forced to stay there for the night.
In the morning they proposed us the suite with double the price as we where going to think about it we went for breakfast. The second party started stinking salamis and ham, croissant from yesterday reheated at the best.

It did not take us long to leave that place. I contacted bookings to make a complain to make sure no body else get the same experience

The one point is for friendly staff nothing else. .

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank coddy1973

Travellers are raving about these Byblos hotels

Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

Stayed here for one night after our wedding. Hotel is in a great location with some rooms having amazing views of Byblos ruins. Our king suite was roomy with a spa bath. It has a different style layout but nothing negative. And room comes with all the necessities. Unlike a lot of hotels in lebanon especially in this area this hotel is new. Hotel staff are friendly and helpful. Only negative is the breakfast staff- who were less than helpful (even after speaking both Arabic and English). But overall a good hotel.

Room Tip: View of byblos
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ka7i3
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

This place is superbly located with views over the ruins and castle. The staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean. The bathrooms are small but excellent. The breakfast however, is poor, with the waiting staff not understanding basic requests (tea, milk, cup, omlette etc) and seemingly unfamiliar with the running of a hotel restaurant.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Byblos
Byblos Sur Mer
#3 of 29 in Jounieh
Canari de Byblos
Canari de Byblos
#5 of 13 in Byblos

Been to Aleph Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!