Le Royal Hotel Beirut
US$93
US$38
Agoda.com
US$69
Boutique Hotel(Jal el Dib)
US$133
  • Room Service
US$60
US$111
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsle royalsea viewwater parkmediterranean seaspa experienceindoor poolbusiness tripbreakfast buffetpiano barrooms are spaciousexcellent hotelmy birthdaytitanic restaurantprofessional staffa great experiencerecommend lehigh end
Reviewed 26 April 2011

A week ago I was booked into the Le Royal for a conference.. I was expecting a normal business hotel but once I got there.. I got a pleasant surprise..Its a full resort..has everything you can ask for.. its a bit expensive.. but then again so is the city of Beirut...The staff is great.. the service quality is impeccable.. and the rooms are amazing! I haven't slept so peacefully in a hotel in a very very long time...but that changed at Le Royal.. Also love the way its built.. the Breakfast is ok... but the lunch food is amazing...

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Anne-Marie H, Revenue & e-distibution Manager at Le Royal Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2011

Dear Guest,

It was a great pleasure welcoming you !

Reading about your nice experience at Le Royal Hotels & Resorts- Beirut is a full enchantment!

We look forward to welcome you again with Friends and Family,

Reviewed 20 April 2011

nice location, complicated layout, complicated spa service (three different registrations/receptions until you actually lay on a massage table). arrogant waiters in some of the restaurants and WORST: bed bugs!! (room 1017).

• Stayed: April 2011
Anne-Marie H, Manager at Le Royal Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2011

Dear Mr. Schaerre,

First, allow me to extend my personal apology for the inconvenience you encountered during your last stay.
We took the time to investigate about the problem and we would like to inform you that the hotel is granted an Integrated Pest Management Program with Boecker Public Health based on international standards with a certificate valid on yearly basis. We are truly sorry for that accident out of our control, this might be an insect flying from outside…

In line with the Spa registration services, we would be grateful if you would informed us about the case while you were on the premises, the Spa Manager would have assisted you with all the requirements’ needed.

Mr. Schaerre, we do thank you for pointing out what you find unpleased with the service because we take guest’s requirement into great consideration in order to always improve and remain at the level of a five stars hotel. We assure you that proper measures have been taken in order to avoid reoccurrence in the future.

We would be privileged if you would afford us the opportunity of having you witness our pursuit of excellence while welcoming you for another stay at Le Royal Hotels & Resorts-Beirut.

Anne Marie Hachem

Reviewed 1 March 2011

when booking ask for rooms at the floors with the carpet in the corridor.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2010

The hotel´s location (15 minutes taxi ride from the city centre) make it more suited for families with children or travellers who are not primarily in Beirut to explore what the city has to offer. It is a good point of departure for sightseeing tours to the Jeita Grottos (a must-see !), the Phoenician port of Byblos and the Northern part of Lebanon. The hotel´s Aquagate Waterpark looks like great fun but is only open during the "season", check before booking as the hotel homepage does not offer much information about this. The health club/ spa/ indoor pool is very good, but for some reason children are not allowed in the pool after 6 pm (information that was not advertised anywhere). Despite a few other idiosyncracies unbecoming to a "Leading Hotel.." (receptionist insisting on blocking a large sum from the credit card during check-in, and protective plastic sheets covering the mattresses), we found the hotel a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Anne-Marie H, Manager at Le Royal Hotel Beirut, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2010

Dear Mr. Thomas,

We were charmed reading your experience path at Le Royal Hotels and Resorts- Beirut!

Welcoming you and the family was a great delight!

Hope to see you soon,

Best Regards,

Anne Marie Hachem

Reviewed 26 November 2010

I stayed in Le Royal for a business trip, It is a superb, but pricey, hotel, but if I was going for Leisure I would've stayed downtown as taxi's are very pricey for short distances.

Rooms superb, pool excellent. Breakfast was very nice. Room service is prompt and tasty.

Basic Free internet is horrible, could'nt even open my email, the next level of internet is, which you pay for, also wasn't that good, so i ended up paying for the premium to be able to work.

Only blip was the night before I was to leave, My session ended at 3pm, and my taxi was picking me up at 5pm and reception had sent us 'reminders' that me must checkout before 12 noon, or I will be charged an extra half night. I called the reception and asked since I had a session if I could check-out at 3, No not possible, so I asked if I could check out at 1 pm since I have a break then, again reception said No, honestly I was annoyed! So, the next day, I had to leave my session early to check out. I decided to go at 11 am, to avoid the crowd. No one was at the reception! Only one staff member was there photocopying papers, long story short it took me around 40 mins to check-out. During checkout a colleague of mine paid his extras in dollars (it was 50 USD or something) and was refused to get his change in dollars, (50 USD). Clerk said he wasn't allowed to return dollars. We told him we have no use for the LL, and if he could break the 100 USD to 2 50's, then we would just pay the 50. This time he claimed he had no USD. We just gave up. So we had missed our last session, got worked up, and sat from 1pm till 5 pm in the reception.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business