“As expected :)”

Cuisines: Armenian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014

the place was expected to be a very good one since Mayrig is simply WAAW!! the place is very well dressed and the concept is really unique. the mixture of colors gives you the feeling that the place is shining and very neat; which is the case :). Waiters no need to mention it, very friendly aware of their menu and PROs. the food which is the star of the place is fresh high end quality and most importantly tasty. I am not a chicken fish eater and the place is spot on. you have many revisited dishes simply made out of vegetables. salad bar which is not based on only raw vegetables but on many Armenian specialties (lots of fresh tasty varieties). all in all the place is very good. the experience is by far higher from what you are paying Chapeau!!
minor detail: I would recommend to fix a bit the salads ( a la carte) I have tried many of it. it is OK but I believe it should be GOOD like all other dishes

Avak K, Manager at Batchig, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2014

Dear Mr. Samer,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review on our Trip Advisor page, we are glad that you had a good experience at Batchig. We look forward to see once again :) Thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My farewell dinner (and it was on my birthday) from my office team in Lebanon. We walked in and the interior is just beautiful - light and airy. We sat in the courtyard on a gorgeous evening. The plates reminded me of some I had as a child - they were lovely.

The food was delicious. Like the Lebanese food I had enjoyed all week, but also slightly different. There were two dishes with sweet/savory combinations that I just adored! I don't remember what they were called... one had cherries and one was spicier... in any case, I did not have a single "mildly ok" dish there - they were all amazing!

Avak K, Manager at Batchig, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Mrs. Rachel,

Thank you for posting on our Trip Advisor Page, we are glad that you were amazed by our food and service. Hope you had a good farewell dinner. Looking forward to see you once again if you had the chance to visit Lebanon.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

As a loyal client to Mayrig, I wanted to try the newcomer Batchig. The setting is fresh, light, airy and welcoming. The garden is a nice haven in the suburbs of Beirut. Good service and delicious food for a younger crowd. Nothing to complain about but I will remain loyal to the most delicious Mayrig. The shop on the premises is the perfect addition to the Armenian culinary route. many of us love to buy products that are not always easy to find and certainly the quality guaranteed here is a plus. There is the a la carte option and several set menu options. Its main strength is the possibility of just going for a coffee and dessert at any time of the day!

Avak K, Manager at Batchig, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you Mrs. Kaloyeros for posting on our Trip Advisor page, we are glad that you have enjoyed your visit to Batchig. Looking forward to see you once again.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We sat outside on a pleasant fresh June night. Nice soft music was playing In the background. Food was excellent. Service was as good also. The waitress took the time to explain the menu and advised us what to try. A good experience all in all. We will visit again for sure, maybe on a Tuesday night with the special arak night.

Avak K, Manager at Batchig, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Mr. Roland,

We look forward to see once again :)

Thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Having tested Mayrig and loved it, I was so happy that they opened Batchig nearby my home.
I went there when it opened and It wasn't great. The place is very very noisy. When you pay that much to do a nice restaurant, why not pay a little extra and put noise removal techniques in the walls and stuff. A lot of restaurants in Lebanon have this issue.
Since it was the soft opening, the service was really bad.... We asked for wine it never came... when they brought the bottle it was so warm we felt it was in the oven before... so we refused it. Then all our food came wrong etc... at the end the manager came to apologize and brought us again a complementary bottle of wine.... same warm one. We politely refused...
The food is good though... to bad for the rest

Avak K, Manager at Batchig, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Mrs Pascale,
We regret that you have had such a negative experience at our restaurant.
Please communicate with us your contact details through the following email (restaurant@batchig.com), in order to contact you and get more details concerning your visit.
We would appreciate if you could reconsider visiting us in the future in order to have the chance to give you another impression of Batchig, since we have already sound proofed the restaurant and worked on the all the points that you have mentioned in your review