“Best place ever” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Jounieh
Jounieh, Lebanon
“Best place ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

best place for praying. our lady of Lebanon is the pearl of the orient. best panoramic view of the bay of jounieh.i recommend everyone to visit this place

• Arabic first
194 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 425 helpful votes
“Breathtaking ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

If you don't go for prayer, you will the greatness of this place.. An hour passed for meditation there.. Nice view over Jounieh.. Every time I go there, it's a unique experience, if you are plan to visit Lebanon, don't miss this place, can be reached by car from beirut directly.. Or you can park in jounieh, & try the telefrique for an amazing experience.

2 Thank Manoul
Oslo, Norway
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“You don't have to be a religious person to enjoy Harissa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

The best way up to see the Our Lady of Harissa is not by a car but the cable car. You see the Mediterranean Sea, the beautiful view, the "Schumachers" racing against each other on the highway, which leads to Tripoli in the North.
Finally when you get to the top one can say a prayer for Lebanon, that the country will live in peace.

Cairo, Egypt
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Nice view”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Taking the cable car up to Harissa is a nice experience and provides some nice views, but unless you're making the trip for an overtly religious reason, this is a visit that can be skipped, particularly if you're tight on time in Lebanon as we were.

“JESUS TOOK ME THERE.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

In 1974 I went to Harissa with my parents. I was 10 years old. I still remember going up the steps as it got narrower I got scared. It's truly beautiful, peaceful and you feel the presence of Our Lady.

I give thanks to my Lord for giving my parents the Grace to be there and present for the mass. There is a reason for everything. Thank God my parents took me with them. Now its beautiful memory locked in my heart.

Visited August 2013