We were expecting a 5-star hotel, and I would struggle to give this hotel more than 3 stars. The rooms were reminiscent of an aged Holiday Inn. Small bathrooms. No-name toiletries. King-size bed was two twins pushed together. The staff spoke limited English. The fridge in our room fell over when we opened the door. If you were only there for the skiing, you might be happy enough, but I think the hotel itself is truly lacking. The Italian restaurant was good (great pizza!), and there was plenty to keep children busy (arcade, a cinema open on weekends, indoor pool, playroom). But I think I was most surprised that this is part of the Intercontinental group. There is no comparison between this hotel and the Intercon Beirut Phoenicia.
We traveled from abroad to go to this hotel, but I've heard that it is the best the area has to offer, so I don't think there are many other options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amid the peaks of Mount Lebanon, InterContinental Mountain Resort & Spa, Mzaar is a family-friendly getaway offering year-round recreation. Skiing, snowmobiling, climbing, hiking, biking, rafting and ATV ing join a long list of sightseeing musts such as the Fagra ruins, the Jeita Grotto, the Phoenician temple and the famed Casino du Liban. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Mzaar Mountain Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mzaar Mountain Hotel Kfardebian
- Intercontinental Mzaar Mountain Resort And Spa
- InterContinental Mzaar Mountain Resort & Spa Lebanon/Kfardebian