“Terrible food.... Overpriced”

Hong Kong Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 51 Restaurants in Blantyre
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The waiters are very sweet and friendly. The owners however don't seem to care. The food is greasy and not full of flavor. The only saviours are the sweet n sour chicken and ants on the tree. Bathrooms are awful with PINK toilet paper n a smell. Overall not a great experience and NO value for money.

2  Thank ZaraM0420
There are newer reviews for Hong Kong Restaurant

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Although the staff was very attentive and sweet, my husband and I have tried on a couple occasions; once because we'd never been there and once because we were asked to go out and both times the food was VERY poor quality. We tried different meal choices both times and both times were extremely disappointed. The food was extremely greasy and the taste was awful.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This place I have used only as a takeway, on three occasions. It has a large seating area with plentiful and attentive waiters. The meals are good sizes, always a winner with men and my personal favourite is the chicken with macadamia nuts. Can be up & down in terms of food quality but overall a definite winner.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Outside it looks nice... but it is all about greasy food in a very dark room... service is good but the chinese food was far from being ok.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

The place is well located, has some atmosphere, plenty of parking, etc. but the menu was uninspired the food just OK (not fresh or crisp) and when it came to paying the bill though I only needed a few $ change (1,000MKW in local currency) they tried the sorry we have no change trick to extort cash. I was alone and I think it was a try-on. It took a lot of insistence to resolve this to my satisfaction. I question their honesty.
OK to get fed not suitable for a celebration. Watch the bill.