“Business Trip for 2 Week”

Thistle Johor Bahru
Ranked #12 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Once again i am here, Hello guys this time i got Room 809 with City View, (could have been better with Sea View) but was good. The Room is nice, clean and spacious too with Kind size bed. One important thing i would like to mention here about the mattresses, this is first ever visit without back pain, usually when i travel for initial few days beacuse of change of bed and mattresses i use to have a kind of back pain, but this time i didnt felt any back pain.
In Genenral this is perfect place to stay in JB.

Room Tip: You can ask Chef to prepare out of menu for you, being a vegetarian i use to order some Noodles with...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
ThistleJB, General Manager at Thistle Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2013

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for choosing Thistle Johor Bahru on your recent visit. Your thoughts are important to us.

It was certainly a pleasure to read your comments and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Thank you for your positive feedback on our clean and spacious bedroom.
It is wonderful to know that our matress highlighted your experience with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future so that we may continue delighting you with the unique Thistle experience.

Kind Regards,

Edward and team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,347)

Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

Cracked bathroom floor marble, risk of foot injury. Poor water drainage in bathroom.
Extremely bad wifi connection.
Only 2 restaurants opened for dinner, poor selection, drinking water is RM15++, ouch!

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Reviewer,

I am sorry to learn that your recent stay with us fell below your expectations and I really appreciate your valuable feedback which greatly helps us as we continually seek to deliver the optimum products and services expected of a Thistle hotel.

Your comments with regards to the maintenance issues in your bathroom, Wi-Fi connection and our beverage pricing are noted and shall be looked into.

I apologies once again for your disappointing experience but nevertheless hope for another opportunity where we may deliver a better stay experience to you.

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

We were very happy with the room, the service and the location. The hotel is very charming, the rooms are spacious, including the bathroom, and the staff is very anxious to help. The location was great, we could walk to most of the places we wanted to go to in the downtown area. I would definitely stay at this place again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted that you enjoyed a truly Thistle experience and I am very much appreciate your feedback on our service, location, spacious bedroom and our helpful team members, which highlighted your stay.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to see you again for your next vacation.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

The place has a nice refreshing feel to it. and in the evening the restaurant is quite lively. The food and service is simply amazing. I stayed for a business trip, and totally loved it. The room sizes are good, (much better than Singapore). and for the price its a steal.
The lobby over looking the swimming pool is a nice place to catch up with friends over a cup of coffee.

Room Tip: Take the south facing room (towards the Jalan Sungai Chat road) for the amazing view of Singapore.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear reviewer,

I am glad that my team members were able to accommodate you and ensure your comfort throughout your stay.
It is wonderful to know that our service achieved your expectations. I am also pleased to receive your positive feedback on our food, lobby as well as the bedroom.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Very warm and welcoming during check in. Very friendly staff. I stay at the room with sea view and really enjoy it. Bedroom, bathroom, swimming pool and service are very good. I would prefer if the changing room can be access directly from swimming pool, no need to enter through gymnasium. They also need to improve wifi reception in room. My family definatly will come again to stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Room with sea view is very nice!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted that you enjoyed a truly Thistle experience and I am very much appreciate your feedback on our service, friendly team members, swimming pool as well as our bedroom and bathroom, which highlighted your stay.

Your comments with regards to our WI-Fi service and changing room are noted and will be looked into.

It was a pleasure having you and your family with us and we hope to see you again for your next vacation.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Stayed at the club floor over the weekend for a Legoland Trip. Checked through many websites and found this to be the best accommodation, and booking for it was not difficult. It was also easy to locate (we drove there in the night) because it is near the large lighted tower.

The room size is good but the room is rather dark. We booked two rooms and the room WIFI did not work well for me except for near the door (my room was the swimming pool view). Hence, whenever I wanted to check e-mail or whatsapp, I had to stand near the door. My friend's room was across the corridor and had the Causeway view and they had no issue with the Wifi.

I found the room to be rather dark. When I turned on all lamps to full power, the room still appear dimly lit.

The Club Lounge provides nice views, nice breakfast snacks and drinks and very good Wifi. The staff would be proactive in offering us food like Mee Bakso and Nasi Lemak and they were all very well cooked. I found the staff very mechanical and hardly offered a smile, except for the last day when we were checking out and he came over to us with a big smile to thank us for staying. Hmm.....

Anyway, this is quite a pleasant stay and one would not be disappointed nor be wowed by it. There is nothing around the hotel and it is a pity that it rained and I was unable to use the swimming pool. If we were to go back on another Legoland Trip, we would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Thistle Hotel is the best in Johor. The rooms, view, food and service are excellant, the hospitality of the employees cannot be beat. I feel to be amongst friends and family and really miss them when my stay is over. Be sure to visit the glass resturaunt and meet my friends Sashi, Faizah, Aida and Azlan.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business