“This hotel is nice”

Hotel Grand Paragon
Ranked #20 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

I have stayed this hotel few time's. It really nice. Staff of reception is friendly. I will back for stay if I am travel to johor. Breakfast was nice. Facilities is great. Feel secure staying at this hotel

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed 14 February 2013

We stayed at this hotel as part of our family vacation and visit to Legoland. they arranged the transfers for us and the hotel itself is really clean, the rooms are very impressive and the toilet is clean and really big, we stayed at the 21st floor. they have good selection for a buffet breakfast. there is a convenience store at the ground floor incase you need something. we didnt get the chance to use the pool because of our tight schedule, but we did check the pool area and it is clean. The rate is all higher than most hotels in the area but definitely worth it.

Room Tip: ask for the non-smoking floor
1  Thank Rhobielyn
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Check in one night for a get away early week.

Postive Point
1) Great Location - just 5 mins walk to Pelangi and KSL

Negative Points
1) Paid S$100 for the room with breakfasts for a standard room. However the price is considered expensive for the condition of the room and quality of services. I will rather stay at Mutiara or Bliss.
2) when I use the toilet when i checked in, It was choked instantly and I have to call the repair to come. The repair guy came with 5mins but the whole toilet floor was wet. Next I had to call people to clean up the wet floor. The drainage is serious very old.
3) The aircon is damn loud. If you are a light sleeper, than you have to think twice to book this place.
4) There is no sound proofing effect at all. You can hear constant footsteps of the cleaners walking, hotel guests walking, babies crying......simply terrible for a 5 star hotel.
5) We asked for late check out and they agreed that we check out at 1:30pm. However at 12:15pm they called and said we need to check out at 1pm as they boss told them that they need to inform us to be out at 1pm as the occupancy rate is very high on that day. To me, is a break of promise. Do not promise what you cannot deliver, even if it is just 30mins, it is considered a let down already.
6) Many feedback that the Breakfast is the best in JB and I begged to be difference.There is nothing fantastic seriously.
7) Carpet is with stains.There is no central remote for all the lights.
8) The heater is simply terrible. You just get yourself burnt...the temperature is always just not right no matter how you adjust.

If you still need to stay here, just be mentally prepared for the above and you will be fine.

Room Tip: Do not get room than is near to the lift
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank snowymango
Reviewed 12 February 2013 via mobile

We purchased a legoland package and stayed here for a night. The room was ok and we loved a bathroom. It was spacious and had a separate shower room. The only bad thing is the room mirror was not cleaned. There were many water marks and some dirts and thereby we could not see the chinese new year fireworks clearly from our room. It made the whole experience down.

In my opinion the reservation staffs should be more proactive. Because they assumed we would go to legoland the following day after check-in, the transfer was not arranged and we did not know whether there was an interval shuttle bus for us. In the end, it was fully booked and we were advised to take a taxi upon check in. Luckily we drove there so it was not a big deal.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Our family (mum, dad, baby) stayed for one night on CNY eve. Even though the hotel was almost full, all of our requests were granted. We were given a non-smoking room and the hotel provided a baby cot free of charge The service staff were polite and the room was clean. It wasn't luxurious but was a comfortable night's sleep, and above what we expected considering the price.

Room Tip: floor 16 and 17 are non-smoking
1  Thank Nathan C
Reviewed 6 February 2013

checked in grand paragon for a wedding in jb,stayed for 2 nights from 1-3feb.we took the family room (comes with a 2 bedroom and a living area).first impression,the lobby was small and cramped..ohh let me start from the moment we drove in our car..they had valet services,good.but there was no place to park in front of the hotel without blocking other cars,i.e no place to load/unload.we had to rush to do it while the cars behind waited patiently (or not!).the reason-we noticed about 4 cars parked directly in front of the hotel-blocking our entrance.upon inquiry,we were told the cars belong to the owner of the hotel and his children-apparently their office is in the same building.errr...makes me wonder if u'r in the hotel business,wouldnt the comfort of your guests be your priority?my first few minutes of arrival was already tainted!so let me just sum up the rest of my experience:
the good:
-excellent service by the concierge staff.they appear genuinely friendly and helpful.kudos!
-breakfast was good-esp for the second day.lots of variety,and the food is tasty too!i think i ate a bit too much:)
-rooms are spacious-certainly enough space for my kids to run around
-cleanliness ok
the bad:(
-only one very dim light in the bathroom-it is good when u can't see your cellulite,but for the general public,the bathroom should be well lit-esp with kids around
-in the era of everything that is slim fancied,pillow is just not one of it.it is so slim and thin,i've never encountered this kind of pillow in any other hotels
-towels are also thin and worn
-calls to the reception were never picked up!the trick is to call the operator and request to be connected-voila your calls will be answered in a jiffy!the guy attending the reception was also not so enthusiastic to interact with customers-borderline rude sorry to say
-we were on the 13th floor-i could hear some noises at night-i think from the club
-small pool-super small actually
we went to thistle for tea,and i regretted my decision not staying there.my kids went crazy when they saw the pool there-it would be my top choice the next time i return to jb.
ohh..in terms of location,it is smack right in the middle of town,ksl mall is 5 mins away,but the problem is,is doesnt really look safe to walk.traffic was crazy,plus there was no proper pavement for pedestarians.forget your strollers!unless you dont mind weaving in between impatient drivers and people's houses-then u can walk.as for me,i dare not risk the safety of my children,we ended up staying at the hotel and took the kids to hello kitty land upon check out.

Room Tip: away from the club-noisy at night.don't take the corner rooms-even the 2 bedroom at the corner i...
1  Thank putriizwaniza
Reviewed 31 January 2013

I booked a double bed room, when i arrived the hotel they said they didn't have available double room, instead of that they gave me a suite room, it was very comfortable. Staff was very helpful and kind. Location was good.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business