“Clean but small room”

Hotel Grand Paragon
Ranked #20 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I booked the room through booking.com. Paid almost RM500 for 2 nights. Staff at the check in counter were nice and professional. Requested for a king bed and didnt have to wait long before we got into our room.

I was a bit frustrated coz the room is quite small compared to another hotel i stayed in last time in JB for a cheaper price. But the room was really clean and equipped with all the basics like iron and board, toilettries and a safe. My kids love the fact that they can watch the tv at the comfort of the bed (it is very near). However, the toilet is really small. I was worried my son will hit the edge of the bathroom counter as it was really close to the bathtub! Also, my fridge was not functioning well (not cold). Swimming pool was full of people coz its holiday season. And i think its a bit too small to cater for all the rooms they have there.

The buffet breakfast was nice and has many choices. However the staff needs to be more alert as we were seated with no cutleries on our table. Kids above 4 has to pay about RM20 for the breakfast which i think is very expensive. Lucky my kids are all below 4!

All in all I think this is a pretty decent hotel to stay in but for my next trip i will try another hotel with bigger room space to cater for my my family.

Room Tip: I was told by my sister their twin bed is quite big. So may for family can try twin bed instead of k...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Came for a night stay and was given a room just next to the lift lobby on our floor. It was a rather awkward layout as the proximity was like a few steps away from the lifts. However there was not much noise except for the occasional talking of guests waiting for lifts.
The room is generally small but if you are just here to spend the night after a day's trip/work, it is actually fine.
We have a leaking shower head that drips all night. Might be a problem for those who wake up at that the slightest noise.
Spa opens till late around 11pm and the harmless-looking aunties masseurs were just GREAT! She managed to ease all my knots during my 30min foot massage + 30 min back / shoulder. You can get a 10 ringgit discount voucher from the front desk upon check in.
Breakfast serves a decent varieties of local delicacies and be sure to wake up early as it gets crowded on a weekend by around 8am.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I just stayed for one night in this hotel which is seems to be a slice of China in Malaysia (which is absolutely fine by me).

The rooms are fine, not too elaborate with a decent bathroom and comfortable bed. Check in and check out were handled well.

It appears to be a very busy spot, a real tourist hotel with lots of floors and acres of corridors. Dont expect royal treatment here but as a base in JB its fine.

One thing I really liked was the good wifi access in the room.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 December 2013

This hotel had very large rooms. The price came with free breakfast which was excellent. Lots of variety. It is an easy walking distance to shopping centres and there are a number of money changers just down the road. The staff were friendly. The pool had a nice view of the town although it was lacking in lounges. The staff are happy to call a taxi for you as there is no public transport close by. However, taxis are cheap.

Room Tip: We had a room on the sixth floor looking out towards the causeway. We had no noise problems at all.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elgor
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Had a pleasant stay. Upon check-in was attended by Trainee Santesh who was polite. Room was spacious and comfy. For a smoking room there was no after smoke smell which was surprisingly good. Breakfast was also complete. Swimming pool had a nice roof top view of the city.

Only thing is the bathroom was not well lit and there were stains on the bathtub.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Had a pleasant stay at this hotel thanks to my colleague's recommendation. Price wise is not too expensive around RM 2xx which includes fridge, satellite TV & Complimentary breakfast and WiFi service. Uses high tech modern security smart card to activate the lift and unlock your room so you can have a piece of mind. My bathroom was so big it could accommodate a small party in it. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I ever visit JB for business or pleasure.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Sorry for another late review. Was there in the month of March with my family as visiting Johor Legoland. The reason we chose this hotel was just because it offered a package (Accommodation + Legoland Tickets). The distance by itself is far from Legoland. Regarding "what Grand Paragon can offers" - basically the only difference of this hotel from Tune Hotel is..this hotel offers Legoland tickets (at that time) and breakfast. Other than that - I see it just like Tune regardless of what its name maybe...

Anyway, it is not a bad hotel tho. Breakfast, clean and near to a shopping mall known as KSL. Can give it a try...=)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family