“Great service”

Ranked #20 of 108 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Toronto, Canada
“Great service”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here from March 9-11 2014 with my mother. She suffered a stroke a few years ago and walks slowly with a cane. Upon check-in the security guard without being asked immediately brought over a wheel chair and offered to wheel her to our room.
The room on the 22nd floor was a little smoky but bearable typical of Malaysian hotels. The price of the room included two pretty good buffet breakfasts. When we went for breakfast, the server was very helpful in setting up the chairs to accommodate the wheelchair. It may not seem like a big deal but if you were traveling with a person who needs care, you appreciate it. I spoke to the manager Calvin to let him know of the good service. He even personally help my mom into our car at the end of our stay. Thanks!!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mersey88

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melaka, Malaysia
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This is a pretty good business hotel, you'll get more peace staying in higher floors. Overall, the room is quite big and they serve a variety of food during breakfast. You may take a short walk (approximately 5-10 mins walk) to the KSL City Mall for some shopping if you like. There is also a food court right beside the hotel, just a short walk to the back of the hotel. I'd recommend the baked fish (southern style) from one of the stalls in the food court in the evening.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
hua hin
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed for 3 nights early February 14. My room stank of stale smoke, I complained and was told all standard rooms were smoking. The room smelled terrible so I moved the bedside tables in my room and there were were two old used cigarette butts under them, some old pieces of food and lots of hair. I called the reception, and showed this to a cleaner who re-hoovered the room.
I went to use the gym, and 7 of the cardio machines were out of service this just left 3 working. To get to the gym from my floor, I had to go down to the 6th floor from the 9th, then up to the 11th. The smell and room standard on this 6th floor, which looked like suites were a cut above the poor standard of the room I was in. I ordered room service that night, and placed my dirty plates outside the door at 8pm, when I bent down you could see the dirt in the carpet outside the door. When I returned from a work meeting at 6pm the next day, the dirty plates were still there.
At 130am that night I was awoken by knocking on my door. I went outside and there were 2 men from maintenance and they asked if I had called them. I hadnt, I was asleep !!! I told them to take away the dirty plates though, that were still there some 30hrs after being put outside !!

I tried to get back to sleep, but at 230am the phone in my room rang twice, then hung up. I called reception and told them what I thought of their useless hotel.

Only positive here was the restaurant downstairs, where I had 2 meals and they were excellent. The rest was a disaster.

Room Tip: Dont stay on the 9th floor, unless you love the stench of dirt and smoke. 6th Floor looked like a re...
1 Thank seamusHuaHin

Travellers are raving about these Johor Bahru hotels

Landau in der Pfalz, Germany
Reviewed 26 February 2014

After warm welcome I found the hotel overall in good condition. Friendly and helpful staff, room size fully acceptable and cleanliness as expected to be ok. Well located for trips to Singapore, shopping mall five minutes walk. Prompt room service, good quality of food. Pool at the top floor could sufficiant to refresh and gym next to pool area. Check-in/check-out smoothly. Stayed 2 days for business trip and nothing to complain.

Room Tip: Take the suite for a slidely bit more.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed in a deluxe room while in JB on business. Room is in good condition with a nice big-screen tv for relaxation. Bathroom was large with bathtub and shower facility and a nice touch was the range of toiletries available including toothbrush and toothpaste if you forgot to bring yours. The room was also provided with a kettle and coffee/tea-making facilities. There is also a safe deposit box to store valuables. Wireless wifi is provided free although connection might depend on how far your room is from the nearest router.

The air-conditioning in the rooms was nice and powerful which makes a big difference when you've spent the whole day in the hot sweltering outdoors.

About the only issue I have with the service and facilities is the fact that the wireless internet was a bit slow. Otherwise, it's a decent business hotel to stay in with rooms in better condition than some of its nearby neighbours.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Just went to this hotel last weekend to attend a friend wedding.
The building of this hotel is a bit old needs some renovations.

Security:
1. Very polite security guards.
2. At least 1 security will be in the parking lot.

Rooms:
1. Was upgraded to Deluxe on that day. It was small and not able to add extra bed. I have not seen such a small room with the price i paid.
2. stains everywhere in the room.
3. Basic facilities is in the room but no bathrobe.
4. Lighting still ok. Quite bright
5. Tea making and refrigerator is available but not able to use it. coz i just sleep there 1 night.
6. Toilet mosses everywhere..
7. toilet is super tiny. You cannot fit 2 person in the toilet. You need to bathed inside the tub
8. When i open the shower, i can smell sewer smells came from the hole where the water flows out.
9. Hot water and water pressure is still ok
10. Air cond is noisy..
11. Major renovation is needed.

Facilities:
1. Great gym with great view
2. SPA facilities
3. Swimming pool is quite small. not enough got fullhouse

Breakfast:
1. Nothing special. Normal food which every hotel provided
2. Service is not tat good. I only get 1 serve of coffee. You cannot pour it yourself. they have a waiter to pour it for you. and just 1 waiter is doing it. He is always busy.
3. waitress didnt clean the plates we used. we had stacks 4 plates and 4 mugs.
4. Another customer leaved the table waitress clean the table.she push all the small bits of left over onto the floors. I feels like i am in a hawker center.

Service:
1. Front desk is polite and nice.
2. But not 1 of the indian girl. Which do not smile and do not apologies. Coz i was woken up at 6.30AM!! for morning call which i did not instruct them to do. And they called me 2 times. since i already woke up. I go for my breakfast and directly go to the front desk to complain. she didnt even say sorry for it.

Will i go there again?
I want to try KSL hotel. I feels tat the amount of money i paid is not that worth.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChristieYap
Johor Bahru
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I had stayed in this hotel before a few times. I still find its location and proximity to several shopping malls an advantage. Less congestion of traffic. Parking is not a problem. Hotel staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean. The Coffee House serves a wide variety of food. It's good value for the money paid though it's not as cheap as some of the hotels nearby.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Teng S