Tune Hotel Danga Bay
US$81
US$135
US$103
Very Good 4/5
Thistle Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
US$91
US$25
Good 3.5/5
Swan Garden Hotel(Johor Bahru)
US$37
US$36
  • Restaurant
US$493
  • Breakfast included
Mutiara Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
US$60
US$50
Priceline
US$69
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Bliss Boutique Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$36
Very Good 4/5
Princeton Hotel(Johor Bahru)
US$29
US$23
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsbudget hotelpower showersinggah selaluuniversal studio singaporeplace to sleepthe ground floorrooms are smallhot showerown transportdouble roomparking spaceshort staystrategic locationstayed for nightslego landcomfy bedconnecting rooms
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2014

it has basic necessities, toilet is clean, room is clean, large flat tv, suitable for a short trip where u will spend most of the days outside. very convenient location, near restaurants, a lot of parking space. with the price u're paying, u will not regret it. for late night snacks or cravings, 7Eleven is just downstairs.

Room Tip: room no 1-10 (ie. 401, 402, 501, 502, 503...) are at the back, need to walk a bit, if lazy, request room closer to the lift. :D
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
DeSilvaTunehotels, Manager at Tune Hotel Danga Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the post stay review.

We are happy to find that we were perfectly equipped in making you stay pleasant and comfortable.

See you back in the near future.

Regards,
Sharon De Silva-Customer Care Manager

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed for two nights beginning on May 23, 2014 so was here Friday to Sunday. This hotel is amazing value for what it is. A cheap no frills hotel that is all about affordable travel. We came here from Resorts World Sentosa (RWS) in Singapore and the hotel was very easy to access. We took the Transtar Cross Border bus right from RWS for $5 US per adult. We got off it to check out of Singapore, got back on it to go into Johor Bahru and ditched it from there. From the Johor Bahru immigration point it is a short indoor walk to JB Sentral, where we exchanged money, ate food, and got a cab. The cab ride to the hotel came to only 21 ringgit and took about 10 minutes.

We were checked into the hotel by a very friendly women that works at 7:30PM. I don’t know her name but she was the only women I seen working that counter that wears a hijab. She is all smiles, good English and was very helpful to us and other guests. She checked us in then later helped us with a problem with the TV remote, informed us of the intercom if we need anything. The next night around same time she reset our WIFI code, and helped us reserve in advanced a 5AM Taxi so we could get to our 7:10AM flight at Senai Airport (JHB) to Kuala Lumpur. She is in my opinion the model of great customer service, as I was in and out of the hotel quite a bit, I noticed her having many other pleasant interactions with guests.

We stayed in a Twin Room. This was rather small but having stayed in other Tune Hotels it was exactly what I expected. With 24hr A/C + 24hr WIFI + Towel and Toiletries via an advanced direct on their website booking, it all with taxes came to just 100 ringgit per night. The beds were comfortable and WIFI worked good (not the fastest, but no downtime at all) during our stay. The room was clean, shower pressure fine, etc. etc. The only single minor annoyance was being able to hear cars at night even from our 4th floor room. That might be an issue for light sleepers but for us it wasn’t a big deal. Again the price for what this is, is great.

Being a vegetarian, I ate food I wasn’t too fond of in JB Sentral before arriving as I had read this Tune Hotel was in an isolated location. This is however wrong. It is right next to a mini-strip of shops and offices. Inside this there is an Italian food place, then at the end of that strip which is a very short walk a great Indian Restaurant called 7 Spices. There is food on the property too and other shops that are in further walking distance. There were many taxis in and out and these can be called. They are all cheap and the entire area if venturing out for other preferences is loaded with great food. There is also a 7-Eleven connected right to the hotel.

The purpose of our stay here was to access Legoland. Right on property next to the 7-Eleven is Odyssey which is a travel shop. We purchased a round trip shuttle to legoland through them at just 15 RMB per ticket. We were lucky to get the last 3 needed seats on the final shuttle of the day 11AM. I know now and recommend to others book the shuttle early as I’m sure it must sometimes fill up. This same company also has return shuttle to Resorts World Sentosa in Singapore.

The rating I’m giving this of excellent is because I know and appreciate the AirAsia/Tune Concept and this hotel exceeded my expectations at the amazingly low price. The staff member we dealt with was perfect and everything went smooth right to getting a taxi to leave at 5AM. Without a question, I’ll be back to this property in the future when wanting to visit Legoland or anything else in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jim G
Reviewed 21 May 2014

the room just nice and comfortable.. suitable for those who stay for bussiness trip since its not leisure type hotel.. but got nice restaurant ( 7 spices ) just walking distance from the hotel.. u can eat very delicious food there.. something bother me bout this hotel was u need to rent for towel n tv channel.. rent for 12hrs or 24hrs.. its like pay as u use.. hehe.. other than tat all ok.. suitable for short period stay..

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Staying at Tune Hotel JB is worth for money that u spend. The room is comfortable for
couple like us.Hot shower at high pressure. Helpful staff. Secured car park. But no hot water provided n we have to go to 7Eleven to get hot water. But, thankfully 7E is just next door to the hotel. Odyssey shuttle to Sentosa located just next door.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ediashraf

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the review.

We are pleased to find a positive feedback from your recent stay at Tune Hotel Danga Bay.

Hopefully you will come stay with us again.

Regards,
Sharon De Silva-Customer Care Manager

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Hye, i have stayed here for two nights, to travel to Singapore. Very convinient place, not too far from the city, but hye, in jb if u're driving, u get to anywhere just few mins because jb has no jams. The room is very clean. And cheap! The system somehow is very good for travellers who just need a good place to sleep, and continue the journey after the sunrise. They also have a very quality bed too, very comfortable! In Tune JB, they have a good and honest customer services. I left my things after check out from the hotel, and called them to check whether is it still there, and they return my call and said that the thing has been found and i can collect it at the counter.

However, their pillows for us, need to be changed. Because it has smells. Not good for giving customers the old and smelly pillows.

Overall, very worth your money.. Esp for backpackers, and budget travellers.

Room Tip: Dont choose G and first floor. As these floors are near to the lobby. And u'll hear noises too. Because the rooms are not sound resistance from inside.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends