“Just average...”

Ranked #68 of 108 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Kuching, Malaysia
“Just average...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

The hotel was quite old, but overall clean. The rooms were small. Had a funny smell but not very obvious. If you are a light sleeper, dont choose this hotel, because the karaoke next door will keep you up all night. If given a choice I dont think I'll come back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cheyenne2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Indonesian first
Ipoh, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

I have been staying there for more than few times. What disappoints me is the quality of this hotel is deteriorating. It's no longer as good as the first time I staying there which was one week passed since its opening.

I just came back from there. The snail-speed wifi provided there really made me frustrated since I couldn't continue my work. The sound insulation was extremely bad. Moreover, my room's windows were facing the main street. Late in night, I still could hear the noises from the moving vehicles and also from the guests stayed in the next room.

The breakfast was provided but it tasted bad. The juices weren't real, they were beverage blended with some colourings. Same went to the cereals, it looked like Honey-star, Coco-crunch but the taste were way different. Food was oily and unhealthy.

Well, the hotel still able to maintain its high-graded cleanliness which was the only thing I felt pampered.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank IsaacGoh90
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night in the family room. Room is nice in size,basic amenities supplied. Good water pressure in the toilet. Aircond is not so cold. What annoys me the most during my stay is the bad sound insulation. After a long journey,I cant hardly sleep due to the loud sound from the open chinese karaoke space behind the hotel.When I ask if I could change my room the manager said the family rooms are all facing the karaoke area. She even lied to me and say that the karaoke is some "religious activity/some sort of praying" and not fun karaoke session.Are you kidding me?People are not praying by singing K-Pop songs, do they? Breakfast - They only serve cereal and diluted condensed milk, bread and jam and bland taste fried rice, all which they dont bother to top up no matter how many people are having breakfast at that time.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank shireenMY
Penang
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

We booked into this hotel because of the offer it has with Legoland ticket. However, this hotel is totally not suitable for family with kids as both left and right side of the hotel were nightclubs with girls available. So we suspect, this hotel also cater for those who wish to have a few hours of joy. Staffs very friendly and polite, they also let us cancel one additional night booking without and payment. Unfortunately, we couldnt bare for another night after staying for a night due to the bad smell coming out from the air-con and bathroom, it was horrible. Furthermore, the bed sheet was stain with patches of yellowish color until we had to turn on and off the air-con instead of using the blanket. Other than that, we could heard loud music and bad singing from our room, it wasnt confortable at all staying here. I didnt rate this terrible, cause this hotel do cater mostly for business trip traveller which does mind the above said and their wifi is great!!

By the way, its nearer to Legoland if you stay at JB city than at taman molek.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Adrlow73
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel just because of we've got package with Legoland on one of coupon dealer.. so as for stayed just for two days one night(not exactly two days actually...) and we have to rushed out for Legoland in the morning.. For me this hotel it just nice hotel. Comfy bed, speed water jet bath but it just cramped for 4 of us (2 adult, 2 kids). My kids doesn't get running around our room.

Room Tip: You need google map to go to this place.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CeeTeeQQ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Very good location, convenience, nearby the hotel have many restaurant / coffee shop / pub and vegetarian restaurant. (2 vegetarian restaurant here, if you are a vegetarian it must be great) friendly and careful staff, room are clean although is a bit old. But still value on money.

• Stayed June 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

The room is ok with comfortable bed and pillows but the toilet is a bit dirty and the towel has some yellow stains on it. There are ample street parking just in front of the hotel. However, the staff are not so friendly and look so uninterested in their job. Besides, there are two pubs/karaoke next to the hotel and it was so noisy until 3am. I think this might be the main reason there are so few people staying at the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank awkeang
Grand-Hallmark-Hotel, Manager at Grand Hallmark Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Hi Dear Sir/Mdm,

Thank you so much for the feedbacks. We will look into the matter urgently.

Regards,