Lavender Inn Permas
Ranked #21 of 110 Johor Bahru B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This is the second time I stay at Lavender Inn. As for the first time, I booked an Economy Room and I booked a Standard-Double Room this time. I'm very satisfied with my stays because:
1) The staffs are very friendly. You can always see their smiling face. They are very helpful and very efficient too. Fast check in, fast check out. More importantly, I requested for something and they are all responded to immediately.
2) The hotel smells good. The moment you step in the hotel, you can feel it.
3) The rooms (Economy and Standard-Double) are clean and the beds are comfortable. You know, whenever I travel, I bring along my own towel because I don't feel comfortable using towels "used" by many people before. But this time, I used their towels because they are really clean and they smell good.
4) The location is very strategic because AEON shopping mall is only walking distance from the hotel. Besides, there are shop lots across the main road and many restaurants can be found there.
5) There are plenty of parking lots, especially at night. There is also a security guard taking care of the cars 24 hours a day. Even I returned back to the hotel very late in the mid night, I feel safe.
6) Water dispenser is available and I feel like home because I can refill water as much as I like. Compared with my (3 days 2 nights/4 days 3 nights) stays at another hotel in Plentong in which water dispenser is unavailable, I had to purposely drive out for several times just to buy mineral water.
7) Upon checked out, I received a special gift from them - a very nice water bottle. I was told that anybody who stays there in May for at least 2 nights will get 1 for free. Thank you, Lavender Inn :)

The only negative thing that i can say about this hotel is that the accommodation doesn't come with breakfast and the hotel does not have any cafeteria too. However, I guess they are trying their very best to improve this part as currently they are doing survey on this.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Located at Permas Jaya Johor Bahru very closed to AEON Mall. Just take a bus from JB Central to Permas Jaya only 2.5RM per person. The bus leave JB Central every 15-20 minutes.
Checked in was fast and smooth. We booked family room + extra bed for four persons.
The family room was nice and clean and facing to outside. Wifi was available at the hotel for free and the speed was fast.
Lift was available, otherwise some other budget hotel don't have a lift.
Water dispenser available at the hotel.
Every sunday night there's a night market closed to mc donald.
Recommended hotel with budget price, clean and cheap price.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

You will not go wrong with this place..Deff value for money & friendly & efficient staffs...Thumbs up!..I would highly recomend to anyone esp those looking for a cheap & affordable hotel...For long period & safety I deff would recomend...

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

budget hotel with strategic location. Surrounded by eateries outlets and aeon mall. For those who are on business trip in pasir gudang definately worth staying after a busy day. 24 hours security on the parking area in safeguarding your vehicles.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 20 January 2013

We check in a standard room. A very simple budget hotel. Clean and comfortable and most of all good for the budget! A very good stay if you're planned just to sleep in. Jusco Mall, food stalls and bank are just near by. As the Inn is at the shop houses, so the room with window are very limited.

Room Tip: If you are claustrophobia please make sure to ask for the room with window. The normal standard room...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank myLauRaz
Reviewed 27 November 2012

We stayed in the family room. Our experience on the whole was good, the beds were reasonably comfortable, clean. Bathroom was small but served its purpose. Price was the best!

As we only had this room for one main reason - to sleep in, we have no complaints.

One major thing (For me, that is) that I must mention is that there is a strong cigarette smoke smell as I stepped into my room for the first time. That totally turned me off and I contemplated moving to another hotel! Urgh, I hate cigarette smoke smells anywhere! Worse if it's where I'm going to sleep!

I complained to the receptionist and they must've done something.. perhaps sprayed some chemical laden spray.. lesser of the two evils or...?

But to be honest, I think there seems to be some problem with the ventilation system, as I noticed the smoke smell coming in from the vent in the bathroom.

That said, we stayed 3 nights and was happy with our stay, except for the smoke smell. :(

Location wise, it was next door to Jusco but we didn't even step in.

For those wanting to go to Singapore from this hotel, you have to take a taxi, and this would cost you about RM15-20 one way to JB Sentral (where you can proceed to either take a bus). It would be best if you had a car, and drove into Singapore instead.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2012

The room is just clean and bed is comfortable. I had stayed three nights here with my family during Hari Raya and the staff here is really warm and friendly. I feel like myself is home and felt extremely great and cozy. The price is very reasonable that compared to the other hotels around the area. Overall, i really enjoy myself here and thanks for everything that offered from Lavender Inn.

Room Tip: Deluxe Family Room, nice view and cozy :)
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family