“A Nice Restaurant Hidden Among the Shopping Outlets”

Wong Kok Char Chan Teng
Ranked #20 of 24 Coffee & Tea in Johor Bahru
Singapore, Singapore
“A Nice Restaurant Hidden Among the Shopping Outlets”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

They have many branches all over the cities in Malaysia. Saw this cafe while walking / shopping around at Dataran Pahlawan @ Melaka on Sat afternoon and with so many local people eating there, I thought the food should be okay. So, I ordered HK Beef Ramen (501) for $10.20 and it tasted quite delicious. There are lot of varieties for drink and dessert. Well, what I don't quite like about this restaurant is that they charged $0.80 for ice-water and they don't allow the order to be changed once it has went into their system! Anyway, this will add another dining option when traveling for a shopping/touring trip to Melaka.

• Visited June 2014

• Korean first
Singapore
“A nice Hong Kong Theme Restaurant”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We went to this restaurant for our dinner at their City Square Outlet at Johor Bahru, Malaysia. It actually located one corner of the 3rd level, City Square Shopping Mall. As such it may pose some difficulties for the first time to locate the restaurant. FYI, we always went for this restaurant for dinner before we headed back to Singapore.

What to order:
My first order is always their Borsch Soup (801), it really good and tasty that my two children able to have a bowl each.Next recommendation will be my wife favourite - Pork with Sze Chuan Vegetable soup Noodle (553), the noodle is good that mixed well with Pork slice and Sze Chuan vegetable. My like will be Yang Zhou Fried Rice ( 201), please make sure they give you the sambal chilli too. My last recommendation will be the Waffles with 3 Ice Cream Ball, please make sure to inform them that you want your waffles to be bake more crispy.If you want to have a drink, Pop Pineapple Drinks (901) will be a good choice, the children like to play with the Pop Bubble.

Tips :
Do not order the shoyo Ramen (563), the noodle and the soup base tasted horrible and the BP Udon Pork is quite salty. You can try out the Roasted Pork (3002), it roast pork, the sauce really good well white rice, however it seem this dish only under promotion, hence you may wish to order if you happend to come upon in the menu. Next do request for the window seat as the seat is more spacious and you can enjoy the view of a busy malaysian street while enjoying your meal.

I personally find it that it more value for money if I consumed these dishes in their Malaysia branch rather than their Singapore outlet, maybe it due to exchange difference. For that small of cash for such a decent meal, it really worthwhile. The reasons why I only given them 4 stars instead of 5 stars were their services, which really big room for improvement, sometime I just wondering why all the waitress keep staying around one corner near the cashier, furthermore there were couples of time, all the things I ordered keep unavaliable. They should informed the customer in advance before.we choose and found out not avaliable, it just frustrate to choose it again.

We will still go back for the foods we like, but it will be wonderful if they improved their service and food less salty.

Give me a helpful note if you think my feedback do able to help you.

• Visited October 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“It's Decent - Malacca Branch at Least...”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We visited the Dataran Pahlawan branch in Malacca. It was on a Saturday and it was packed. The food came quite quickly and was decent. I’ve read some of the other reviews here though I thought the food wasn’t as bad. It was average.

It’s good enough for a quick stomach filler. We had fish with rice, black pepper pork with rice, Korean style ramen. Don’t expect friendly smiles from the wait staff and you do get what you pay for. A meal in an air-conditioned environment and away from open drainage a la hawker centre.

• Visited May 2013
Petaling Jaya, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“No responsibility”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Purchase their food vouchers from jackcow, redemption outlet(sunway) closed, no changing of outlet and no refund.WELL DONE.

• Visited May 2013
Kendal, United Kingdom
“visited the branch in the pavilion shopping centre”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

visited the branch in the pavilion shopping centre - bloody awful. Waiter hovered over our table, half the stuff we wanted wasn't available. Food was rubbish. Nothing good to say, sorry.

• Visited August 2012