“Comfortable stay”

Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru
Ranked #25 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Reviewed 13 August 2013

The hotel is very clean and easily located. Just located beside City Square, JB and ten minutes across the customs. Staff are friendly and helpful. However sometime, the waiting time to check into the hotel room has to wait for quite long. Didn't go for the food because the shopping mall is just beside it and more varieties. Been to JB so many times, so far, this hotel is the best.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
CitrusJB, Room Division Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Dear CJH1985

Greetings from Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru!

I am pleased to know how much you had enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru in this write up. I am particularly pleased to note that you have enjoyed the value for money rooms and its strategic location within walking distance of all local shopping centers, transportation and other eateries.

Eugene Liew

Reviewed 3 August 2013

There was no doubt that the location is very strategic which is near with city square mall and jb sentral. It just 2 minutes walking from the mall and probably 5 to 10 minutes to jb sentral thru the mall. I was stay in standart room and the room was ok but nothing special for 4 stars hotel. The room itself is quite comfortable with 32 inch lcd, safe, small working table, water boiler, glasses, and amenities such as coffee, tea, soap, and shampoo. The customer service was quite polite, but to be honest it was still under expectation for 4 stars hotel. But I would recommend you to stay here due to the location.

Room Tip: - Choose rooms with windows - Better booked thru internet to avoid overbooking - Its better to hav...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
CitrusJB, Room Division Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Dear Irwandi

Greetings from Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru!

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru in this write up. I am pleased to know how much you had enjoyed your stay with us especially its locality, value for money and service.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Seems that this is a recently opened/renovated property (?) but there is plenty of wear and tear. I think this has more to do with the cheap furniture and fittings more than housekeeping/maintenance.

Good location,and for the price it's hard to expect much more.

Wi-fi wasn't working when we stayed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear MarkinSeoul

Greetings from Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru!

First and foremost I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and I was disappointed to hear about the events associated with your stay. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention as your feedback is beneficial in our journey to drive quality guest care and constantly look at ways to improve the experience for all of our guests. Rest assured that the team and I are looking into the issues you faced during your stay as I write this reply. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at rdm@citrushoteljb.com.

Once again, I thank you for your valuable feedback and I hope you would give us another opportunity to regain your trust and welcome you back as our guest in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I got lucky with this hotel. Booked a standard room, expecting a teeny tiny one, once there got upgraded to deluxe :)
Room was big, however wasn't maintained properly. One of the windows had a big crack on it and nothing was being done
Bathroom was big and bright.
Check-in and out was a breeze, staff were friendly enough.
The most important thing about this hotel is how close it is to the JB Sentral..going to Singapore was easy :)
Overall, I'd stay here again if I just need a place to sleep...

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear SiZk

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Since me & my wife are backpackers & on a tight budget, this hotel actually is not our first choice, and should have just been a simple homestay accommodation. But since I found out that the homestay guesthouse we're supposed to check-in is a bit far from JB Sentral (which is the jump-off point of most transportation [i.e. bus, train, taxi]), I changed my mind since we will be arriving from Singapore a bit late already in the evening.

I booked the room in advance online, availing of their 24-hour accommodation promo, which would give you full 24-hour stay regardless what time you will arrive. Since we arrived from Singapore at around 11:45pm, we would practically check-out at 11:45pm the next day. As we checked-in at the reception area, there seems to be some confusion, since the receptionist told us that the check-out time is around 12noon, but I insisted that the booking we reserved online is the 24-hour promo, but the receptionist insisted that it's the rule. Good thing I printed out the email conversation I had with one of their customer service representative, and he was able to clarify it with his fellow receptionist, and they agreed with me. Not an issue at all though ;)

We were billeted at the 4th floor. Room is so clean & very spacey. Wifi is very strong. Bed is so comfy. At around RM146 (around Php2k or US46), it's already a great deal, considering the proximity of its location from JB Sentral, everything is just a walk away. It's also near a mall (City Square Mall) and various food hawker places which is open 24hrs. Some of the streets nearby are a bit shady, that's why I didn't venture out that much. Just like what I mentioned, JB Sentral is just nearby, w/ lots of money changers, a 7-11 convenience store, & Starbucks as well.

Overall, this hotel is a great deal, considering the stress we had in Singapore, this place is a temporary reprieve & comfort on our 4-city travel across Singapore & Malaysia.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank melvsdean
CitrusJB, Room Division Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Dear Melvsdean

Greetings from Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru!

I am pleased to know how much you had enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru in this write up. I am particularly pleased to note that you have enjoyed the buffet breakfast, value for money rooms and its strategic location.

Eugene Liew

Reviewed 18 July 2013

this was my first visit to johor bahru.this property is in a grat location.the rooms are average with no or very little views.the beds the hardest and smallest i have ever encounted.i guess it is set up for the local market.the front desk staff i found just wonderful smiling and indeed always helpful they do the hotel a grat service.

Room Tip: just remember this property is not a 5 star property and you will enjoy it.short stay only
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank john1604
CitrusJB, Room Division Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Dear John1604

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Citrus was juz next door to City square shpg mall. It has a tiny lobby and the breakfast had lots of variety but nothing was tasty and nice!!! I came in around 12pm but rooms were not ready yet so had to go around and have my lunch before i came back at 2pm. Stil they only had 1 room avail for our fren, Our room was not ready yet so v bunk in with our fren for the time being. The room was tiny and pathetic! We tried looking for a window just to find that they had a porthole which shows a wall!! The bathroom was spacious however. At 3pm, we were still not called to give us a room so i went dwon straight to the lobby and asked the girl as itz already 3hrs of waiting time! I was given the last room and it was huge and very spacious however the window part sucks again! I moved the blinds just to see the wall and my aircon compressor outside. And the best part was i It was such an ugly sight! Bathroom was spacious and clean. V stayed for a night and itz ok for a night stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Dear ShamCyn

Greetings from Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru!

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru in this write up. I am pleased to know how much you had enjoyed your stay with us.