“Execellent and fantastic accommodation” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru

Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru
Ranked #29 of 107 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Execellent and fantastic accommodation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Travel to JB almost every month. Compared to other hotels in the same region, this hotel is still the best. Location is so easily accessible and convenient, room is clean and fully air-conditioned. Staff is friendly except sometimes when checking in and out takes a bit longer probably due to late checkout by existing occupants. Hopefully this area can be improved to shorten waiting time.
Nonetheless, overall is very good and I enjoyed my stay while in Citrus and wish them all the best in their business. Shall look forward to my trip next month in the same hotel again.
Citrus, please keep it up.
Thank You!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
CitrusJB, Hotel Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear CJH1985,

Greetings from Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru!

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru via this write up. I am pleased to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us namely the location, the cleanliness of our rooms and the friendliness of our team.

As for the delays you experienced while checking in and checking out of our hotel, please rest assured that the team and I are looking at ways to improve upon this as I write this reply.

Once again, thank you and we look forward seeing you again at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru soon!

Rakesh Dhass

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Dunedin, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

We chose this hotel because it was close to the railway ( where we had to be at 8am after arriving late at night after our flight into Singapore!) and were a bit taken aback when we walked into a windowless triple bed room that smelt musty! But the beds were v comfortable and clean, and the airconditioning quickly got rid of the musty smell. Shower good, breakfast room inviting, food lovely. Value for money as far as we are concerned.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CitrusJB, Hotel Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Teresa W,

Greetings from Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru!

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru via this write up. I am pleased to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us not forgetting its value for money, buffet spread, locality and service.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband wanted a nice 2 nite stay but only for it to be ruined. Check in was slow n the dumb front office staff overcharged me by RM100. Without even asking if my card was a credit or debit card. Hotel accounts was of no help either in making a refund and told me to just wait for the bank to update me. Lobby carpets were filthy. Wifi keeps getting disconnected and this is no way a 4 star hotel! More like a 2 star

• 1 of 5 bubbles
CitrusJB, Hotel Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Azianeyes,

Greetings from Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru!

First and foremost we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced and we were disappointed to hear about the events associated with your stay. We would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention as your feedback is crucial in our journey to optimize guest care and improving our services for all of our guests.

Rest assured that the team and I are looking into the issues you faced during your stay as I write this reply.

Once again, we thank you for your valuable feedback and we hope that you will be able to give us another opportunity to serve you at our hotel, in the near future.

Travellers are raving about these Johor Bahru hotels

Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Check-in time was 2 pm. We arrived at 5 pm and guess what? They dont have any available room but they kept on telling us that our room wasnt ready yet. A lot of guests were also waiting. Some more than 2 hrs. They were able to give us a room after an hour & a half & said check-out time was 12 noon. We had to demand that they extend our time bec of our super late check-in.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CitrusJB, Hotel Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear PurpleRain1013,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Great service stuff with a chic designed room makes the vacation a lot more memorable. Rooms were clean and hotel is strategically located in the city center of Johor Bahru, just a street across a bustling night market which open till late night. Finding food is definitely not a problem 24 hrs throughout the day. Needless to say,traveling for day time shopping at the malls are at the click of a finger too. Enjoyed the stay so much, even extended one more night.

Dear Ceyairs,

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

The first day, which I'm supposed to check in to room 3rd floor . But they key is malfunction which made me walk to reception twice . But it's still doesn't work . And they decided to get me another room . Ok , and it's work . And I'm ok now .

Second day , one of my reason that's I choose to live here is also because they offer the gym facilities . And I've been told it's only for club levels room but not standard room . And I'm pissed , they dint stated well in their webpage . I went to talk to the receptionist and their person in charge , they refuse to give me exceptional access to the gym . Only if I'm upgrade my room too club range room . I've told them and showed them their webpage didn't stated gym facilities is only for club range room , and even their benefits for club range room also dint state gym into it . I'm even show them their website , but I'm still couldn't get through to gym . I'm really pissed . That's one of my reason to choose citrus yeah .

I'm
Unhappy .

• 2 of 5 bubbles
CitrusJB, Hotel Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Blurkai,

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

No car park, have to park somewhere else then walk back to hotel yourself, pay car park fee yourself. No Swimming Pool at all, doesn't seem newly renovated, breakfast not good, facing building, no view at all even paid more and stay the highest level. checkout slow... It's not a 4 star hotel

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

CitrusJB, Hotel Manager at Citrus Hotel Johor Bahru, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear LynesLeow,