“Interior design chic with the most lovely staff”

Bliss Boutique Hotel
Ranked #19 of 110 Hotels in Johor Bahru
melbourne
“Interior design chic with the most lovely staff”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

A really interesting creatively designed boutique hotel. Good location, very nice breakfast(nicest Nasi Lemak I,ve ever eaten)....I'm thinking Johor is a bit of a gem, not in a standard touristy way but in as a friendly "real" city where the food is delicious and the people really friendly.Cant wait to explore more. The staff at this hotel are absolutely georgeous and so very very helpful, a delight! highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Vietnamese first
New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

I booked in for a design boutique, the design is great, but the room is so small and there are limited facilities. If u travel with kids, book the family room or suite. I upgraded to a suite room, which is great, there is a bath tub, the water is hot enough and a nice city view too. Despite there are limited facilities within the hotel, the suite room itself is a five stars rating. The cleanliness and breakfast is average. The staff service are great, they look after guest very well, the reception girl are pretty and nice. The management is efficient. Rooms with window facing the main street are very noisy, if u are sensitive with noise, bring a pair of ear plug or choose the room without window. If u book in a designer boutique, be early to choose the design u like and ask them to reserve for u.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Felicia U
Klang, Malaysia
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Bliss provide us a very good service. It is new, clean, creative design, comfortable. Breakfast simple but nice. It is near to Singapore Kastam as well. Nearby with Pelangi mall, Mamak, chinese restaurant....they reserve parking for you and have 24 hours guard to help to take care of your car.
Although the room is small, but enough for us. I have been here for 3 times already.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Singapore
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Always wanted to visit this boutique hotel since I knew it was under renovation and finally got to go and stay for a night two weeks ago. I first made an email enquiry and Nurain was the personnel attended to me. She was very friendly and she kept advising me for the best rates. I made reservation through her and everything was confirmed promptly.

The hotel was centrally located and we took a cab from City Square. To play it safe, I actually told the taxi driver that we wanted to go to Plaza Pelangi, a shopping mall located within 5 minutes walk and when the driver made a U-Turn, I told the driver to drop us at the colourful building instead. The check-in was quick and the service provided was good. We quickly checked in, excited to find which room was allocated to us. After a while, when we were in the room, I realised that my umbrella was missing and it was quite a branded umbrella given to me by my friend for Christmas and we quickly went down to the reception and checked with them and I found my umbrella! So relieved.

The room did not disappoint but the side table was quite unstable and several times it was like falling onto the bed haha... In the end, we decided to push it against the wall. There were just a few TV channels available but there was a channel for EPL and oh boy, the man was really happy about it. One complaint though, the wall was pretty thin and we can hear voices clearly. The breakfast was buffet style and it was pretty decent for a small boutique hotel.

Worth a visit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gliowst
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The hotel is sandwiched between old buildings. It stands out because of the colorful exterior. But I think the room that was given to us was for couples. lol I didn't request for another one since we're only staying for 1 night. The room is clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. Breakfast is average though it's easy to find something to eat in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank evi3girl
Singapore
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Book a 1 N stay at Bliss Boutique Suite and it does not disappoint me. Very well maintain rooms that is clean and considered huge for a Boutique Hotel. There is only 1 Suite in this hotel but they really did a great job there. Parking is quite safe as there is security looking after your car and it is right outside the hotel. Location is quite gd as well, there is a 24 hrs India food just 1-2 mins walk and there is a cold storage and some restaurant at a small shopping centre nearby. BF is quite limited but it is sufficient for me. Overall this is a very gd stay and 100% will return!

Room Tip: Pay a bit more for the Bliss Boutique Suite for couples