Bliss Boutique Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$76
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
US$101
US$80
Thistle Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
US$90
US$67
Agoda.com
Hotel Jen Puteri Harbour, Johor(Johor Bahru)
US$110
US$88
HotelJen.com
Swan Garden Hotel(Johor Bahru)
US$38
US$36
  • Restaurant
US$108
US$69
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Mutiara Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
US$61
US$50
Priceline
Princeton Hotel(Johor Bahru)
US$29
US$23
Agoda.com
All reviewsplaza pelangidesigner roomcold storagewindow facingwelcome drinknasi lemakhotel lobby looksmain doorshort staysatellite tvfried bee hoonqueen roomhotel staff isshopping mallnice breakfastsmall hotelmineral water
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel for once and the room I booked was Designer Deluxe. My comments are as follows:

Pros:
1) The room comes with buffet breakfast and the breakfast is widespread and excellent. In fact, this is the thing I like the most about this hotel:)
2) Room view is not bad.
3) The cleanliness of the room is acceptable.
4) The staffs are friendly.
5) Free fruit juice is served daily at the lobby.
6) The hotel is not that far from KSL shopping mall. So, the location is quite strategic if you have your own transport.

Cons:
1) The attitude of staffs is a bit rigid and dogmatic on their policy. Their buffet breakfast starts at 7:30am. On the last day of my stay, I went down to the lobby around 7:24am and when I was about to enter the cafeteria (Wine and Cigar Bar) to have my breakfast with my girl friend, I was stopped by a receptionist. I explained to her it was about 7:30am already and you know what, I was told that it was NOT YET EXACTLY 7:30AM. When I peek in through the glass door, everything was ready. I was really speechless. Then, I was waiting outside of the cafeteria and talking with my girl friend. Time past. By the time I looked at my watch, it was about 7:40am already. We were just sitting in front of them, waiting for the breakfast, but none of them remind us about the time. It was a bit disappointing.
2) The room is small.
3) Sound proofing is not that good. Early in the morning, I was awaken by noise coming from the outside of my room. It was a woman's voice. Laughing and laughing, non stop, very loudly. I had no idea whether she was a guest or a staff. My point is when there are people talking outside of your room, you can listen to what they say clearly. If they talk loudly, that's what you will get as well.
4) Parking lots are limited. If you make a booking during peak season, you will definitely be in trouble.
5) The bathroom is VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY small. It fact, it is the smallest hotel's bathroom I have ever used.
6) The design looks good but the room looks a bit old, mainly caused by cracking paints on the wall.
7) They don't provide 2 in 1 (or 3 in 1) shampoo (i.e. shampoo + body shampoo). Instead, they provide only soap and shampoo. To me, this is stingy.
8) TV reception is not that good as well. Although not all channels have blurry pictures, unfortunately, those I watch have blurry pictures -.-"
9) Water dispenser is unavailable.

In overall, this hotel is still a good hotel, especially the breakfast, but NOT as GOOD as what I have found from this website.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Sean442014
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed 3 nights for photo shooting at JB. All staff is friendly. Having security and CCTV to ensure car is parking safely along the roadside. This is really good. Room is small, but is clean and comfortable. Breakfast having limited of choice but taste still ok. Consider the price is cheap compare to big hotel, I am quite satisfy with the service provided.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank klsw82
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed in a family room for 4. The room was small and windowless but it didn't matter as we only stayed one night. The hotel is easy to find and there are coffee shops nearby. If you don't mind a 10 min walk it'll get you to a bigger restaurant and more eateries. Still, I think it's a convenient and nice play to stay if you're driving. If not, taxi is a must and they are not hard to find as Plaza Pelangi nearby. The buffet breakfast had limited choices but enough to keeps my family happy.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank KopiGian
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I like to complain, but this may be my favorite hotel in the whole world! The staff is so kind and patient and truly is there to serve just you. The food is awesome: the breakfast is all hand prepared, with friendly staff, who will cook anything to order. The Nasi Lemak is the best in all of Malaysia. The owner is a kind and gentle man who makes it a point to greet visitors. The hotel location is so close to the bridge to Singapore, I stay there even during a Singapore visit! The room is spectacular, see the attached pictures photos. Beds are comfy and clean, with nice thick duvets. The rooms are small-ish but the bathroom is fantastic. Unlimited hot water, very large thick towels, and everything is spotless and clean. This is a great get away town, with lots to see and do. The staff will guide you to the beautiful shops and museums and cultural sites. The Pelangi mall is immediately next-door, with lots of Western style shopping and food. Don't miss the fun decorations inside Bliss Hotel... Very bright and colorful. This is an A+ hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank DavidPlate
Reviewed 29 March 2014

photo of bliss hotel is very nice and it was so good as to make us surprised that the hotel was far below expectations.
This hotel is old hotel that faces made lightly. carpet is very thin and ragged.
be careful if you pass the card is lost, you will be charged 20 rm
cleaning service could get in even we put a sign dont disturb
cleaning service always put clean clothes on a dirty carpet
no chairs in the room
wc and shower bath wearing very narrow folding doors
cramped and stuffy air despite already 30 turn on
sometimes like hard locked, so it should be a slam hard
expensiveness compared to the quality we received

Room Tip: be careful if you pass the card is lost, you will be charged 20 rm
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family