“It's an O.K. 3 Star Hotel but?”

Bliss Boutique Hotel
Ranked #16 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel yesterday, first hand impression was very nice boutique hotel with good decor in the foyer.
Location near town is very good, omly a few bus stops away to City Mall and Malaysia Customs. There are lots of coffee shops and amenities nearby and Plaza Pelangi Mall about 5 mins walk away.
The Deluxe Room I had for the night was a themed but small compact room compared with others hotels I have stayed in, Aircon, TV, Shower room and toilet was good, coffee, tea, making facilities is provided but no fridge. The full length window in the room only had a pull blind and to me had to be used otherwise people from passing traffic could be able to see inside. Net curtain would have been a better use. Lack of hanging space. The price in my opinion was expensive and breakfast was not provided as I was told it was under renovation. So I was quiet dissapointed but it depends on the individual to judge themselves.

Room Tip: Standard Room has no windows...... so you have to think about the cost and value for money
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 July 2014

On 20th June was my dad's birthday, so mum and us (i.e. me and my sis) wanted to treat him to a short getaway. My dad doesn't believe in holidays and hotel stays (says it's a waste of money) and he only likes to go back kampung (in Malacca) if he needed a getaway. So being that this is his first hotel stay and getaway, we decided to make a little more special so after reading reviews, we decided on Bliss cuz it was within our budget, was quirky enough and they could accommodate birthday requests. I corresponded with Ms Nurain and it was quite hassle-free. Got a room with a bigger bathroom for my parents and birthday decor for the room (which consists of birthday message in rose petals and balloons). Of course, there's a price for this, about RM70ish. The hotel is very pretty and smells nice all the time (even the bedrooms). In the lobby, guests can have free flow of fruit juice and use of PCs and a massage chair. Elevator is state of the art but broke down on the day we checked out. Their wi-fi speed is great; no fussy log-in and whatnot. Staff is professionally friendly and can accommodate most requests. Hotel is near to a North Indian restaurant and Plaza Pelangi, which does not have much shopping outlets but a whole bunch of food outlets. All in all, quite a great stay!

Room Tip: If you need bigger bathrooms, email hotel in advance.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ishqrani
Reviewed 22 June 2014

As it was our wedding anniversary, I asked if a surprise arrangement could be made. Very promptly, Ms. Rani recommended balloons and rose petals decoration in the room, and places for romantic lunch/ dinner (Chez Papa, Grill Bar & Etc). My wife was very much surprised and happy with the arrangement which Ms. Rani and her team prepared. Thank you all very much! What I love the most was their attention to details such as once reached hotel, we were presented with a welcome drink, upon seeing how tired we are. Also, There is a cozy corner whereby we can surf internet, read magazines and even international and local newspapers while waiting to check in or to wait for our cabs to other places. This venue is very nicely situated, near to great shopping malls (KSL), food places (even up market restaurants). If you wish to travel to Johor Premium Outlets, it will cost ~RM40 and take ~40 mins to reach from the hotel. Lastly, their breakfast was amazing with a great spread, with us sitting very cozy! To Ms. Rani, We will definitely come again, Thank You once again to you and your team for great efforts!

Room Tip: Boutique room was good. Going to try Suite next time!
2  Thank JasonHanis
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Very nice design. Can choose many nice colour room ,so I choose orange as I check in wow it was clean neat most important washrooms is very clean. Comfrim I be back again bcos I know did custom always heavy jam so I can have a nice sleep before I go back .thank very much.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This boutique hotel is really cutting the word " boutique" very thinly. I think the nicest looking or boutique looking like items are just in the lounge. So the first impression is good. But once you step into the rooms( Designer Queen) and paid SGD$60 for it, you will realize that its a very low rated "boutique" hotel. Some simple painting on the wall and a basic bed. Ok for me as far. Then when I pop in the bath, I see grey towels, not crisp, not white, grey and old towels I see. Then the water heater would scream when you switch it on as if telling everyone in the building that you are taking a shower. There is no shower curtain so you get a wet toilet seat which is right beside it. Seriously, no one even thought of such basic changes to the bath room when you decide to label it "boutique"? Maybe boutique does not equate to common sense.

The TV has crappy reception. Half the time my eyes are jumping with the screen. After a while, you are better off looking at your smart phone.

The only redeeming thing is the breakfast. At least someone knows what presentation is and the breakfast is a simple affair but I will give its cleanliness , simple setting for a 8/10. Coffee sucks but its ok, I can get one at the nearby Pelangi Mall.

Location wise, its great, near to mall and close to the causeway back to Singapore but beware that it is right beside some real cheap hotels that are obviously serving the red blooded crowd. So watch out when you walk around in the late evenings, you may want to stay in the room and not be mistaken as a walking sxx toy.

6  Thank Singapoorean
Reviewed 16 June 2014

the hotel is only 5 mins from the checkpoint. the room is small but beautifully designed. we got the no window room, so got totally lost track of time.
The bed was comfortable but the pillows was too soft. didnt manage to get a great sleep.
it is walking distance from Plaza Pelangi for basic shopping needs and the best Indian foodstall we've been to.

the staff wasnt as friendly but check-in was fast and easy.

Room Tip: rooms without windows are quieter as the hotel is along the road and motorbikes tend to make the mos...
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Quite a late review, but when I stayed in this small and cute boutique hotel, I promised myself to write my comments about it. I just love its colourful façade and classy furniture. The staff were all smiles and the security people by the hotel door seems to know all the guests - this is a plus and a must for the area where the hotel is situated. Near the hotel are dozens of other hostels and shops. It is also near massage parlours and a mall. Convenient money changers around too.

My hubby, sister and friend enjoyed the buffet breakfast as well. Not much choices, yet the food spread was great. Common supplies and toiletries are provided.

Downside of the hotel are the lights. Only dim lights are available in the family room we stayed in. The toilet is also separate with the shower room which makes the toilet and bath difficult to use. Lack of hooks to place your towel in the bath/shower room was also observed. There is also no window in the family room given to us - such a waste.

Overall, I'd recommend this boutique hotel to my friends. It's affordable and cozy.

Room Tip: Request for a room with a window.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends