“Buffet”

Salt 'n' Pepper Cafe Restaurant
Ranked #716 of 1,024 Restaurants in Johor Bahru
Description: This restaurant is located on Level 5 of The Zon Regency Hotel, Johor.
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Been there few times for buffet lunch and dinner. The place is clean and big. There are plenty of choices of western, Chinese and Malay food. The staffs are polite. Sometimes during dinner time there is band performance at certain time.

3  Thank hweeying

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Staff are friendly. Service is a little slow. Food we ate was very good, Nasi and Mee Goreng. Area needs updating.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Buffet spread was very basic and not tasty. Items are not replenished enough. The tastiest item is toast and butter. Coffee quality is unbeliveably bad.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

The breakfast wasn't good in the sense of taste and selection. But it is still a 3 star breakfast.

Like what I have seen in another traveller's review earlier about it's egg chef, it is true when I visited in July 2013. He looks frustrated and hostile so avoid the egg station.

2  Thank FollowLee
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I booked for 1 night at the Zon Regency by the sea hotel and it included buffet breakfast. No doubt the restaurant had a fantastic view of the sea and singapore but the service and the food is very poor and the staff is very unhygienic.

I order room service and the person who deliver to my room is from the Salt n Pepper restaurant and he dare to dig his nose right infront of me and act like nothing and unapologetic when I told him off for being very unhygienic.

As for breakfast experience, the servers took an extremely long time to clear the dirty plates on the table and the chinese chef in charge of the egg station added extra ingredients to my egg. He cough on my egg, spewing lots of saliva, germs and viruses into it and even dare to offer to me with a can't be bothered look and attitude. I immediately put the egg down and tell him to throw that area and make a new egg since the first one was contaminated and he dare to stare at me!

The food offerings were extremely limited, no cold cuts, no yogurt, no porridge, no roti canai, no chicken rendang, no salads, no fresh pastry being offered, only commercially made white bread.

This is the worst restaurant I have ever been to my life and I had heard that salt n pepper restaurant is renowned for having lavish buffets with a wide range of local and international offerings. But clearly this was in the past!

2  Thank sunsetbay2013