“NICE Hotel just opposite to KSL City Mall!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of 11@Century Hotel

11@Century Hotel
Ranked #82 of 108 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Singapore, Singapore
“NICE Hotel just opposite to KSL City Mall!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

A day shopping in JB was planned, but not a hotel stay, until we realized that 11th Century Hotel is just located across the street from KSL City Mall, & Holiday Plaza is also within walking distance!

We walked into the hotel, and fall in love with this hotel! The lobby looks very good, counter staffs are friendly, therefore we decided to book for a night at the deluxe room. As mentioned by most of the travelers, the 2 lifts must be press individually, this is only a minor issues. BUT waiting for the lifts at your room level can be very HOT, as there is no staircase doors, just don't wear your jacket while waiting for the lifts, stay cool!

Deluxe room is big and spacious, with a small fridge, toilet is okay, supplied with all the standard toiletries, 32" LCD TV, you get to see Channel 8 & Channel 5 (Singapore TV channel, except NO Channel U)! Breakfast is a good decent spread. Lunch & dinner - no worries, many restaurants can be found at KSL City!

Below is a minor CONs:
1) No hair dryer
2) No hand held shower head, only a fixed on shower head (on ceiling)
Hope the hotel management can consider to improve on it.

Overall, for travelers who is visiting JB for shopping, movies, KTV...etc, can consider to stay a night at this hotel, because you will definitely enjoy even better, don't need to join the long queue at custom, don't need to worry about the road jam. Just had a good night sleep, and wake up afresh and take your sweet time to travel back home without much hassles!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Authmn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Indonesian first
singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

No door bell in every room. There are two lifts . You have to press each of the lift button individually. There are some problem with my wi-fi connection, hence i called the reception and they took 30 minutes to come up. I dont understand why you need to walk down 2 steps in your room to reach the ground. The room seems quite dim. The lift is very small. Can take in 6 people max. The time taken for the lift to come out takes quite long.

Hotel size for deluxe room is about 26m2. Breakfast not much choices. There are only lasi lemak and western breakfast such as sausages and scrambled eggs. Receptionists were polite and friendly. If you want to have lunch, you can get a set meal at there for 15RM, reasonably priced. It is 2 min walk to KSL Mall. You can take a cab to City Square at 7RM. Remember to bargain with the taxi driver. If he dont want to reduce the price, go find others.

Room Tip: Choose a room near the lift.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Johor Bahru hotels

Putrajaya, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

Location quite close to major shopping, opposite to all new KSL City shopping-hotel building. Next to club, a bit noisy but it's not a 5 star hotel BUT hotel owner should consider to install good acoustic insulation for the sake of the business (attracting more family type of guest to come, not a 'chiken chaser' hotel type). Easy to park car but hard to find road to the hotel (a bit confusing which road is lead to the hotel's main entrance. Overall is a 3* hotel, 3* service, 3.5* room, 3.5* parking, 3.5* lobby. Not bad service. Worth for $$$. Don't expect $$$ for 5* service. Enjoy!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank trj9
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

My family and friends booked 4 rooms and we stayed from 9-12 Dec 2011. There were no proper or ample parking spaces.Hotel only have 1 flr underground parking which accomodates less than 10 cars and you will have slim chance of getting into it. Option would be parking next to hotel or the one outside that charges rm5 per entry.The parking next to hotel is refundable provided with receipts which you always have to ask.But if you come back late and you park at the outside rm5 parking no then no refund.Guard says refundable but do not trust them as hotel will not cover that car park charges.Nobody will look after the safety of the car as well and you need to park at own risk.

We stayed in triple sharing rooms with breakfast but only get coupons for two person daily breakfast.When my husband complaints, reception (shamini) only give feedback form and tell they cannot do anything but promised a feedback from management immediately after form submission which is purely lies.

My husband has put in concerns about parking safety and also about the two breakfast coupon instead for triple sharing room we paid inclusive of breakfast.

Reception staff at counter does not have high sense of guets service.No smile serious face and no sensitivity to handle guests concerns.

On the day we check-out my husband lodged a complaint verbally on poor parking but the guest reception, Shamini (the same person gave the complaint/feedback form earlier) turned to deaf ears as if my husband was not there.She did not look at my husband in the eye at all showing her courtesy that she actually listens.She acted busy and so does another guy at the reception.Noticing this my husband immediately asked to see the Manager and she said she's the manager on duty so my husband ask to see GM.As she claims GM was not around, my husband asks for general contact number.She spoke (with no eye contact as she moved here and there) telling she could not give staff contact number to guests and can only give as far as email-i doubt they will ever give any feedback if the mail ever reach the GM. My husband asked for Shamini namecard but she did not give hers instead of writing her name on somebody elses card.She then tossed the card on the reception desk without looking at my husband.

I wrote this as part of my observation.Definitely this hotel is out from our list the next time we come to Johore.

Besides you will not get peaceful nights on weekends due to the loud music at the nearest pub.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Aidaelina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

During my stay at night there was a rat in the room.it came out from under the bed.Very difficult to get parking.Until I almost quarrel with the security guard due to the parking.. thanks to the front desk that solve my parking issue.. the security guard was very rude ... the air cond ventilation is very bed & we cannot control the temprature..

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank rafiawab
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Aidaelina
singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

We decide to give 11@century a try upon recommendation by a close friend. Considering its distance from KSL city and that’s a big plus since it was rainy season. We decide to stay there just for one night to see what the hotel got to offer. We booked a superior queen for 1 night on Friday. The hotel is about 15min plus traffic from CIQ. Cost about RM8 by taxi.
Checking in, there was a long queue even there was 3 people manning the counter but it seems like they are all confused and unorganized. It took them more than 5 minutes even we already booked online. They ask for a deposit and give us ONE keycard and our breakfast vouchers. Were given room No.14 and we are shock to see there's a big pillar in centre of the room just next to the bed. It is BAD enough that the room is small, but a pillar in the centre of the room? I have never encounter this in all my travels, and I’ve stayed in hotels from 1 star to 5. I call the front desk to ask for a room change but the girl who answers did not understand us. We have to keep repeating ourselves but she keep on asking if we want to upgrade and insist there’s no other superior room. Frustrated we went down to ask them directly. Then they keep on saying they are fully booked even when there’s few walk in guests checking in next to us. Then they finally give us another room after we want to cancel our reservation. The new room was a corner room with just one window. And it opened to a construction at the back of the building and just barely 10 metre from our window, giving the worker on the site clear view of our room. Not wanting to worsen our experience here, we decide just to keep our curtain close the whole time and forget about the view of the nice construction site next to us.
The room got a nice decor even if it was oddly shaped. But the quality of construction is nothing to be desire of. The bathroom is very basic. Few channel on tv. The fridge was not working. Basic tea and coffee set. The bed was comfortable enough for a (one) night stay.
The hallway wall got a lot scratch n dent coz of service trolley. You can imagine how narrow it was. Lobby look nice and clean although smoking is allowed and they do have a bellboy service. Breakfast was okay. Some rice, noodles, porridge and egg station. Then they serve some juice, coffee and tea.
Overall, for the price we pay and its distance to KSL city, this is a bargain to sacrifice comfort for easy access to the malls nearby. If you are planning to stay for more than 1 night, or planning to explore other place in Johor, do consider other hotel.

Room Tip: avoid room No.14
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple