“Say no to itching and loud music all night!”
Review of 11@Century Hotel

11@Century Hotel
Ranked #89 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Skip this hotel if you are thinking of checking into a hotel in JB. The 2nd runner up for worst hotel in JB, in my honest opinion. We were told at the reception that check in timing is at 3pm instead of 2pm. So we waited close to an hour for our room. The corridors are musky and dingy. The room though appeared to be nice when we got in, soon we discovered that the room is in need of a fresh coat of paint. The bedsheet was not even changed!!! We rolled around and soon, we were itching, scratching and applying axe oil everywhere on ourselves to stop the itching. Called for fresh new sheets, we were told that housekeeping was closed. And the loud music blaring from nearby discotheque was not a lullaby to us.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ShahandImran

Reviewed 5 March 2013

Check in around 3.30pm. There was many people there and the check-in took around 25 minutes.
There are many families and there are only two lifts, people are crowding at the lift area. Hence, in the end, My friends and I have to take the stairs up to level 6.

We switched on the air-con, and it doesnt work for an hour. We called them, and they said they will ask people to take a look. Waited for 30 minutes, no one came. Then we decided to go down to reception. The receptionist have no choice but to call the maintenance person. He went up with us, there is nothing much he do, and finally went to reception to ask for change of room.

The new room is better, bigger space, but the internet is totally weak. No hair dryer and toothbrush. But sleep is ok.

Location: Near ksl city mall, just within one minute walking.
Breakfast: Nasi Lemak, try to come before 9am, else some foods would be gone, and they do not refill.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the corner, as the wi-fi is stronger. This is what I experienced after staying ther...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Dec21-23 (3nites): The room we stayed was a Deluxe type, spacious, kids have plenty of space to run around! KSL mall is just a 2-minutes walking distance. This area is very hilly and you could get plenty of eating places around the shops there i.e. Bah Kut Teh, Chinese restaurants, etc. The price we paid for the room is reasonable, not exorbitantly high with free breakfast included.
Overall, no major noticeable negative points, except for the Lobby area which was smelly due to the restaurant at same floor emitting "belacan" odour..
Cheers!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Check in after 3pm, still need to wait 20mins for them to make up the room.
No fridge in room.
Hair dryer have to request.
Limited cable channels available.
Room is clean.
Location good near to KSL.
Breakfast not bad but limited choices.
Worst experience is the Club noise.
I can hear the beating sound thru my room and i had a hard time sleeping.
Once i manage to sleep, i dreamt i was in a club.
I would rate this hotel as good but becoz of the club noise, im giving average.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Checked into a room with faulty air-con, dirty linens, uncomfortable pillows, filthy curtains with a unwelcome guest (a lizard).. the list goes on and on.. complained about the faulty aircon and was given a change of room but aircon remains the same.. until about 4am when it got really really cold.. soundproofing was really bad.. on the 9th floor you could still hear the booming noises from the pubs downstairs.. really really bad. only good thing its oppo KSL but i would rather pay more to stay at KSL instead

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jimmylkw
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Took a short break on the 2nd day of CNY. My first time at this establishment but sadly, there ain't much positives I can take away from my stay.

Apart from the rooms being on the clean side and the location close to the KSL City Shopping Mall, this hotel really doesn't have much to be excited apart.

Lack of facilities with no gym or pool available. Breakfast was quite pathetic and cold with the minimal choices that we had.

Upon check-in, reception gave me a late-check out time of 2pm but they called and rushed me to check out by 1pm the next day. (Strange!)

This is definitely more of a budget hotel and a simple night's sleep.

If you're looking to rest and relax and enjoy a hotel's facilities and environment, I would recommend Thistle Hotel or Grand Paragon Hotel. These 2 are by far the best for me in Johor Bahru.

Room Tip: Try getting one on a higher floor to minimize the noise levels from nearby pubs and such.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this budget hotel on 2 feb with my family and booked 2 superior deluxe room.

Overall, check in was prompt and we were given our rooms within 10mins. Dropped our luggages and shot straight to KSL mall, which is located next door and began our shopping.

Trouble came when we returned and was about to call the night and sleep. There was this continuous thumping noise from the pub nearby and it was so bad that I called the reception and complained about the noise. Reception told me that the pub only closes at 3am and there's nothing they can do. Unable to change room as they claimed that they were fully booked. In the end, I had to switched on the tv, as I'd rather hear the sound coming from the tv, than the thumping techno beat.

Though the location is superb as its just next to ksl mall, I strongly doubt that I'll return to 11@century unless the noisy thumping beat is rectified.

• Stayed: February 2013