T-Hotel Johor Bahru
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$78
Thistle Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
US$89
US$67
Agoda.com
Tune Hotel Danga Bay(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
US$26
US$25
Agoda.com
Hotel Jen Puteri Harbour, Johor(Johor Bahru)
US$110
US$88
HotelJen.com
Mutiara Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
US$61
US$50
Priceline
US$78
US$69
Trip.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Bliss Boutique Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
US$42
  • Breakfast included
Princeton Hotel(Johor Bahru)
US$23
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The only way I can describe this hotel is that it is a little bit off. What a terrible place. From the facilities, to the food, to the staff. Staff are extremely sullen and unfriendly. It actually made me a little bit afraid to ask for any assistance. What a gloomy and depressing place.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed here with a friend for 2 nights... The room was simple and small, but it was okay. I prefer these kinds of rooms. The toilet was very clean :) The reason we chose this hotel is because it's quite inexpensive and it kinda looks new. Most of the other cheap hotels look old and rundown from the outside.

The location was great. But beware, outside is a dirty sidewalk with some scary and persistent beggars and maybe crime committers. One of the beggars even entered the lobby and persistently asked us to give him money. We refused and eventually he left (after a long time). But sadly the receptionist (who was present at that time) did little effort to get rid of the beggar (saying, "Go, get out" doubtfully). He was probably scared too.

There is an elevator to reach upper levels. Wifi is also provided. Breakfast is not included, but honestly we prefer trying various meal from some eateries outside. There is a long-stretching street food alley just behind the hotel building, called 'Lorong Meldrum'. There is also some kopitiams and kedai mamaks located on Jalan Meldrum (a bigger street which runs parallel to Lorong Meldrum) and on Jl Wong Ah Fook (the main road which the hotel is facing).

I think I'll choose to stay here again if I happen to stay in Johor Bahru again someday. It's okay and quite satisfying, besides, re-browsing for choosing the right hotel is painful and time-consuming :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank mikashiro
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I've never been so disappointed with a hotel before. First, my room was filthy: there was hair, dust and other ambiguous gunk all over the place, and the sink was clogged up, leaving someone else's shaving debris all over the basin. The room was cramped and very noisy--I could hear several different groups of people talking all night. Then when I had to check out early, the reservations team refused to refund the remaining amount I'd spent. Now, I know that technically they're not required to offer such a refund after my stay had started, but I certainly expected that a reasonable hotel would do so. Instead, they claimed repeatedly that it was impossible, even though it's certainly not. The one redeeming factor in this whole stay was that the staff I encountered was friendly: the cleaning guy fixed my sink as soon as I raised the issue, and the front desk staff at least made a couple calls to try to solve my refund issue, albeit unsuccessfully. I certainly will not be staying here again, nor can I recommend it even for a budget traveler--there have gotta be better places out there!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kathryn H
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This is my 3rd time staying at this place and Ive got a bad experience. I like the convenience of having the mall and eating area and checkpoint nearby but the room i got was horrible! Not only it was VERY small. The room door touches the bed when you enter! it had dirty walls and filthy old pillow with hair still stuck on it! even in the drawer there was some kind of dark sauce on the toiletries. i assumed the previous guest spilled something in there and no one cleaned! only good thing for the stay was the cold a/c and clean toilet!
usually when i get there, i pay for the room and they would asked for a deposit and write me a deposit receipt. This time a malay lady at the counter had asked me to pay more then what is stated on the brochure., i assumed that she will write me a deposit receipt as usual but instead she wrote a normal receipt of amt i paid with no deposit whatsoever. Its only when i went back to her and said "shouldn't i get a deposit receipt instead with the amt i paid?" that she said to me, "oh you can use the same thing, bring it to me in the morning and i will return your deposit to you" before i left i saw her gossiping to her college. She was trying to keep my deposit hoping i was some stupid tourist who don't know better! travelers beware of cheat. This is my last time im staying there!

Room Tip: get one without a window, less noise will come in from the roads at night
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Melissa T
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Just ok for the price you paid, the fan inside the room is so dirty and the room was smelly. Well we can pay for the same price with a cleaner place. The lady receptionist is not really friendly. Maybe the management should provide a proper ironing board not the one without stand. So silly! On the positive note the hotel is very accessible to JB Sentral, food stalls and city square.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple