“Average taste but slightly expensive ”

Village Briyani Cafe
Ranked #121 of 870 Restaurants in Johor Bahru
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Off the beaten path,air-conditioned & inviting ambience. Halal, no beef cuisine. Come enjoy specially prepared food with family & friends. Open noon - 3pm (lunch)& 6pm - 10.30pm (dinner)
“Average taste but slightly expensive ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Went there with friends to have nasi briyani, price is slightly expensive compare to average briyani price in jb. The taste is average but portion is big. My male friends can't finish one plate portion in the end. Tea taste is not bad but price is higher than cafe house price!
I would said overall average! Could be find better restaurant of briyani, I believe.

• Indonesian first
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“Good Taste but Expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Briyani was good & tasty but too expensive. Portion were small. Ambience were nice & clean. Staff were friendly. Food delivered late.

Visited March 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Unpleasant surprise”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

It has been about 1.5 year since I been here. Since then, I have had the oppurtunity to eat Indian food in various restaurants in India, Singapore and Johor. I thought of trying this place again and read the recent reviews. All the reviews were excellent. I was curious to know what made the briyani here different than an ordinary shop. Taste is often relative. So, i took away a briyani from here and a normal nasi kandar place. We ate both to compare. Sad to say, the nasi kandar outlet version taste just as good, cost 3 times less. However, I wouldn't rate either one as very good. I have had far better. Both were just oirdinary. Secondly,I also had a take away from next door, village cafe. It was the first dish on the 'chicken' menu. It had chef recommendation and 4 star spice. the gravy was green....the colour of the chili green. I have had spicy food. But this is not normal spicy. I was very dissapointed that the resturant manager did not warn me that this was super hot, chili padi blend kind of hot. The spiciest food I have ever had. We had terrible gastric pain for over 24 hours. As both was 'take away' we could not inform the staff that we did not like the food.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank swordfish01
ShaKL, Manager at Village Briyani Cafe, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear patron,

We are sorry to hear of your bad experience. Actually, almost all our dishes have chilies (1 to 3 or 4) to denote the level of heat. It does not denote spiciness per se.

However, we welcome feedback from our clientele for all our food, regardless take-away or dine-in. Next time you decide to give our food another try, do inform our staff of your experience.

We appreciate your valuable review and look forward to serving you again.

Regards.
Des Moines, Iowa
“Enjoyable meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

We've eaten here several times over the last few years and ate there last night. The food is delicious and the servings are certainly big enough for another night. The chicken kabobs are scrumptious and are accompanied by rice pilaf and briyani. Both of these dishes are superb also. The pita bread comes with tzatziki sauce that can't be beat. I've also had the chicken aioli sandwich and enjoyed that also. The moussaka is also delicious and we've had it several times. Usually the service is impeccable and the atmosphere is classy. Last night our salad came later than usual but that has only happened once. We've eaten there many times and will continue to do so.

• Visited January 2014
Bath, United Kingdom
“good food, nice place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

enjoyed a pleasant meal here. food was good. staff were attentive. price was reasonable for a 'restaurant' experience, rather than a simple cafe. would visit here again.

• Visited December 2013
ShaKL, Manager at Village Briyani Cafe, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Good Day!
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments. Please approach our friendly staff if you require any assistance.
Regards.