KSL Hotel & Resort
US$30
US$35
US$80
US$75
Thistle Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
US$89
US$67
Hotel Jen Puteri Harbour, Johor(Johor Bahru)
US$97
US$81
Agoda.com
US$112
US$74
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Bliss Boutique Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
US$44
US$36
US$25
US$22
Priceline
Mutiara Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
US$48
TripAdvisor
US$347
US$301
  • Breakfast included
2,708 results
All reviewsshopping malldinosaur theme parkswimming poolunder one roofmonday nightpasar malamtriple roomnight marketsame buildingsingle bedcity viewhigh floorshort getawayconvenient locationhotel lobbywater parkcounter staff
Reviewed 13 June 2013

This hotel is the best and most satisfying hotel in JB with affordable & reasonable hotel charges. The room is awesome and beautiful. The staffs are friendly and helpful. I also love the facilities such as gym room and also the swimming pool. Not forgetting the buffet was worthy with so much varieties and choices.The shops is just right next to the hotel which make it so easy and convenient for my family. I would definitely bring my wife and children again to this hotel again soon.

5  Thank aikwee
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We have always stayed at Mutiara JB because my dad is usually the one who brings us there. First time at KSL and I absolutely love the location. I can get food for my son easily and that is a plus. Forget milk, diaper or need mineral water... just go to Tesco 1 floor down. And there is a movie theatre too. And the swimming pool is clean and water is crystal clear... believe me I have gone to hotels in JB before and the water looks murky. So that is why this hotel is a plus through out JB.
However, I do not understand a few things... checking out timings... 11am? Seriously? Come on.. even hotels in KL has 12pm check out time..
And the bedrooms are not clean thoroughly.. there are dust every where... on the beverage tray, on the TV sets, behind the TV, on the desk, on the night stand, on the lamps... it is like your cleaner are not willing to strech their arms to clean anything. Pls do a check up... the supervisor are definitely not doing their job. If this is not upkept and maintained, your new hotel will look old and dirty in months to come... and I sure want to visit KSL again.
Went for your dinner once.. the chinese and indian selections are really good... even the indian vegetarian fish gravy is delicious.. but the rest of the food is not really nice.. the desert too... the cakes are not really nice.. the ice cream are soft and melting away... there are also insects on ur mango cakes and fruits selections.. I don't think u r facing this problem alone cos Mutiara is also having the same thing.. maybe u guys can do something abt it.. like putting candles or cover it.. And another issue are the stains on bedsheets and towels... this is definitely not acceptable. Get cleaning professional to help u in this area..

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors room and do not get the pool facing because u will be facing other rooms and there will be no privacy.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Aloysius1447, Manager at KSL Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Dear Reviewer,

We appreciate your feedback on your experience with us. Your cooments had been highlighted to our Top Management for immediate attention.

Please be informed that no doubt that our check-out time is at 11am, however, we give a grace period of 1hour to all room guest to check out by 12 noon.

For your information the rest of your point highlighted have been briefted to our department concern for immediate action.

We hope that your recent experience would not impair your trust in KSL Hotel & Resorts and we look forward to welcome you back to the hotel.

Thank you.

Reviewed 12 June 2013 via mobile

KSL is definitely my best choice of hotel ever since it opened. I stated at least 5nights in a month over there.

I just checked in for a 3d2n stay upon first day evening I have already request that for the second night that I want to stay at a higher floor on the second night & the manager said he will see to it to be done. Breakfast I went to look for him & he promised me it will be done by noon & rest assure that he did put an alert for me.

Next thing I know it was taken over by this lady called Angela. Her attitude is ridiculously poor not helpful at all. Instead of saying she will get bk to me, she said y dun u come bk & find me later. Hello!!! Mind u! I'm a guest not ur subordinate. Wads wrong with her attitude her body language didn't even seem to be keen with my request. A simple thing took me almost 12hrs to get it done. I was like?????

Can the management level look into this matter?

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Guest,

We like to thank you for the feedback on your experience with us. Firstly we like to apologies for your expectation unmet.

Please be informed that your comments on our poor guest service had been addressed to the relevent department head the day we received your first review on 2 May 2013.

We hope that this matter will not impair your trust in KSL Hotel & Resorts and we look forward to welcome you to the hotel again.

Thank you.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

It is a new hotel hence all are still in good condition. Despite their cheap materials used, their location which is close to Singapore is an advantage. Room service was poor, they didn't even clean my toilet floor, left with visible stain!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Pros:
Check-in process was smooth sailing as we got there around 5pm on a Thursday. Not bad for a first impression. We booked a superior triple room that accommodates up to 3 adults and was wowed by its size as soon as we walked in. The queen and single beds were comfortable especially the not-too-soft-and-not-too-firm pillows so we woke up without neck pains. The hallway was calm and quiet (though it could've been less dark), no outside noise whatsoever that gave us a good night's sleep during the entire stay. Shower had nice water pressure and perfect temperature.

Cons:
We only found 2 bath towels as opposed to 3 bath towels, hand towels, and a floor mat towel, so we had to dialed housekeeping for the missing towels. The room was not properly cleaned on the 2nd day after we got back from our day trip. We noticed hand prints, mostly belonged to my 4-yr old son, on the surface of all the tables. Water spill from the night before was even still there. We could just tell the housekeeper never wipe-cleaned any of the furnitures because they were still dusty and messy with my son's art supplies (drawing book, papers, pencils, etc) and yes they were still all over the place, untouched, unremoved. They did not even replace one of the used mugs with the new one. We found the TV channels were boring and expected a lot more from a 5-star hotel.

Conclusion:
We were glad that at least we could get a good night's sleep and that all beds were made and nicely tucked on the 2nd day! Will we stay here again? Maybe yes, but may ask for a better housekeeping next time!

Room Tip: Avoid corner rooms as the wall gets pretty warm from the blazing sun during the day, hence the room becomes warm and slightly uncomfortable even with air-con on.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family