KSL Hotel & Resort
Thistle Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
US$71
US$64
Mutiara Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
US$65
US$49
Tune Hotel Danga Bay(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
US$22
US$21
US$80
US$75
Agoda.com
Hotel Jen Puteri Harbour, Johor(Johor Bahru)
US$93
US$73
Hotels.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Bliss Boutique Hotel(Johor Bahru)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$25
US$22
Priceline
2,707 results
All reviewsshopping malldinosaur theme parkswimming poolunder one roofmonday nightpasar malamtriple roomnight marketsame buildingsingle bedcity viewhigh floorshort getawayconvenient locationhotel lobbywater parkcounter staff
Reviewed 1 June 2014

stay for 1 night with my hubby and 3 kids on 20th floor. the view at night is so great because the window is glass so we can see JB view. stay on Tuesday, so no crowded at all, everything goes smoothly from check in until check out. the room and the bathroom is great. nothing to complain except i found many ants crawling around the coffee counter. the breakfast is good except the roti canai, quite hard and oily, my son can not eat it. but other food is good. the coffee and variety of juices is great.

we choose to stay at this resort because of the dinosaur water park, which is my son really love dinosaur. all my kids really have a good time at the water park. it is good choice to stay on weekday because approximately only 10 families at the water park. the pool and chair is clean. the dinosaur actually can move, make my kid feel very excited.

over all, very satisfy with this resort. it is good choice if we have a toddlers and baby. my hubby and my kids can enjoy the water park and i can relax with my baby at the room. i definitely will recommended this hotel to my family members and friends...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank norllinda83
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I'm staying in a deluxe corner room. Room is okay. Bathroom amenities are good. Don't use the shaver though. Slippers, bathrobe, 42 inch tv. They are all there. The "do not disturb" button does not deactivate the doorbell.

Walls are thin. So is the door. So expect to hear every word said in the hallways by passing guests. I had a corner room so it didn't really bother me.

Shower is okay. Glass wall is open at the bottom so water will run free through the bathroom.
Water doesn't get hot but warm enough to have a decent shower. Water pressure is very good.

Mini bar is empty.

The safe is good.

There are surprisingly many movie channels. Picture quality ranges from very bad to just about watchable.

Where it falls apart is with the elevators, air-conditioning and breakfast.

The failing air conditioning is unforgivable. During the day, with aircon on full blast, temperatures in the room will not go bellow 28 degrees. When entering the room if aircon is off, it will be between 28 and 29 degrees. During the night, if lucky, you may hit 27. If asking the hotel about this, they will send maintenance who come by but tell you it is like it is. The system doesn't have enough power to do the whole building. So expect to be hot when in the room. And there's n fixing it.

The elevators are the worst I've ever seen. Per tower, 4 elevators server all floor, where any other building would have 6 or 8 elevators. Queues are normal during high traffic hours. Elevators are full, stop at every floor ( as every floor has people waiting and pressing buttons). I times one trip around 9:30 am. It took me 25 minutes to get to the ground floor, almost missing breakfast.

Breakfast spread is okay. Not much for foreigners. Target group are Chinese and Malay. There's a sign that people should avoid wastage and any 100 grams of food taken but not eaten is chargeable at 5rm. I don't see how they enforce this, but it did result in people putting food back after having is parked on their table for an hours. Others decided to throw it under the table and try to stuff it under the table leg.
Expect breakfast to be crowded.
Food quality is below average.

The pool is not very exciting. Crowded so difficult to find a chair. The dinosaur theme is expressed through 5 statues and pictures on walls. Nothing special. There are 2 slides. Fun for kids to do a few times but after 30 minutes, they will be bored.

I'm not well known with other hotels in JB, so I can't advice an alternative in this price range. But if you can afford it, avoid this place and go for a brand, for example Traders or the soon to open Hilton.

Room Tip: High floor, corner deluxe room tower 2
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank galore360
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Lift took a long time to move up & down. Is always crowded. Only 1 side of the lift panel has the buttons and this is inconvenient if the lift is always so crowded.
Key cards always malfunction. The lift buttons do not have any back light and so is quite difficult to locate the floor you want as this hotel has many floors.
There are also many ants crawling around. Toilet floor, writing desk, & even spotted a few on the bed.
Don't think I will come here to stay again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Great service. Received a complementary cake on the first day as requested on Agoda. Staff is top notch. Housekeeping was very prompt. Service 4 out of 5.

Kids would love the dino waterpark. Clean and very well kept.

Rooms are small but value for money. Go for the triple room and choose the hotel not the apartment. Next to shopping mall so i would skip the hotel restaurants and breakfast.

The only thing is the hotel glass windows are not tinted so be sure to close the curtains when changing and sleeping. Hopefully they tint it such that people from the opposite hotel tower can't see us in our room.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TripProwler
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The room is nice however the furnitures are visibly dusty even the coffee table and glasses are dusty. The mirror near the working desk is smudged and the smear is very visible. The drainage in the shower is too small and it's really flooding when you're using the shower.

The hotel staff were nice and very warm. They always smile and greet you. Another positive thing is the pool area, my son loves the dinosaur themed pool area and we like it too.

• Stayed: May 2014