The Puteri Pacific Johor Bahru
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
T-Hotel Johor Bahru(Johor Bahru)
View Hotel
Baguss City Hotel(Johor Bahru)
  • Breakfast included
JB Central Hotel(Johor Bahru)
  • Restaurant
  • Spa
  • Pool
Hotel J.B.(Johor Bahru)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Gateway(Johor Bahru)
View Hotel
All reviewscity square mallwalking distanceswimming poolbusiness tripnight marketbreakfast buffetcoffee housepleasant stayspacious roomnasi lemakjb sentralsingaporejohorrayacafecausewaygym
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Checked in late evening after a long day thinking to enjoy the night with well rest. Disappointed with:
1. Old furniture
2. Stained bathroom wall
3. Cracked and stained bath tub
4. Hair found on the bath tub
5. Stink shower curtain
6. Stink pillows

In summary, horrible maintenance. One of the worst hotels on my list.

Asked the receptionist how long it takes from hotel to the airport. My jaw fell when asked to check with the concierge. My colleague asked a different receptionist but given the same answer. That is a standard question most visitors will ask! What is the management doing in training their staff?

Checked out early morning and attended by a male receptionist with no emotion on his face. Don't work in service industry if you can't smile and greet your customer pleasantly and willingly.

However, the attendants in concierge were friendly and helpful.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jiny88
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Arrived just before midnight, 4 people at reception all desperately trying not to catch my eye. Eventually a very tired me aka loudly if anyone wants to Check me in. Get to room, tired decor, fridge making a noise, unplugged that. Bathroom greets me with a clump of hair on the floor. Get into bed and can clearly hear the next door room going about their bathroom routine! I've only been here 30mins! Not good at all

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed for 3 nights for a conference in Johor Bahru. The staff at the reception was helpful and accomodating The food was decent and value for money.. Food for room service comes at the specific time that I requested. Concierge staff were helpful too. Bedroom is clean, however I prefer a standing shower rather than a bath tub (which was not available). Swimming pool - great, however I prefer a rectangle shape swimming pool rather than rounded edge (it's a bit difficult to go back and fro). The room that I stayed was facing a temple, and they play loud noise until 12am, so it's best to avoid room facing the temple.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This hotel is currently under renovation and some uplifting works to their common areas which we can accommodate to that, but we didn't really enjoy our stay. Don't really seems like a five star hotel. Here's some pointers on why.

Check in process: slow with moody looking reception staffs. Ya, not a single smile or greeting.
Rooms looking very tire with worn out furniture.
Stained bathtub, towels, bed sheets, curtains and carpet. No hand towels didn't provided.
The wall mounted hair dryer isn't working at all.
There's a 80's TV set and no disc player provided. We didn't even try to on the TV as we reckon our ipad can provide us with more entertainment.
Aircon control isn't working, we were frozen in the mid day, asked for an extra blanket but was given half a velvet sheet.
The in room phone isn't not functioning well. Oh yes, they have speedy maintenance service, which they had replace a phone for us.
Wifi almost pointless, password given and entitled only to one device, and once you logged out, you can't log in with another. Download and upload speed: almost not working.
Breakfast was chaotic with less than 50 pax at 10am. Not much varieties. Certainly a 3-star standard. Slow and almost no replenishment, we understand that it was near to closing hours, but there were many other guests still walking in at that time. We didn't expect full replenishment but at least a small portion.
Sleep was a nightmare. Worn out and flat pillows. Bed is fine. And the mosque directly opposite was praying early at dawn (think 5am +) I can hear them with my ear plugs on. And the sound from neighbors with running kids above us was annoying.
There are 3 restaurants selling at the average cost of food on par with Singapore's restaurant prices. We chose D'coast for our dinner and it was fantastic. Tasty and great service rendered by a brilliant staff, Jaay.
Plus point: They have excellent location with a shopping mall just next to this hotel and City Square two streets away.
Oh yes, I think we won't be back again.

Room Tip: Away from the mosque.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Holidaypiglet
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Talking about the front office staff was not polite
The incident was that time the room TV got problems and unable to watch TV.
We want to change rooms and waited for the front office staff to actually bring us to another room to stay.
But it keeping us waiting too long and it more than 2 hours and we inform them from phone that we had to gone for dinner by 7.30pm will come back to hotel.
After dinner also wait till 8.30pm then can change rooms. we had never enjoy because of one night with this hotel and next day we are leaving malaysia and went back to my own country. But what i like this hotel is their room service is fast and foods are nice and polite.

Recommendation is to go to their morning breakfast to eat nasi lemark.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family