“Average Hotel with great surrounds”

Hotel Granada Johor Bahru
Ranked #8 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times for work and to be blunt there are certainly some things that would prevent me from taking my family there such as no pool, no real gym and the outdoor bar is tiny. But for a business trip I found it to be brilliant. The rooms are not massive but enough space if all you're doing is coming back to sleep after a day's work. The restaurant on the ground floor is really nice with the biggest complaint from expats being that "it's all asian food". To that lot I'd say "if you really don't like asian food then don't go to asia". The value for money is good and the rooms have always been clean and I've never had a problem with things going missing from my room as has happens in other hotel in the Johor area. Here's a few really good bits more about the location of the hotel, in that there's a massive variety of local restaurants surrounding the hotel both as stand alone businesses and in the AEON centre across the road. For those who just can't or won't stomach asian food then go to McDonalds next door or Tesco's down the street. If you were looking for somewhere for a short stay with your family then it would be ok as it's really close to Lego Land and several other tourist attractions. All in all for business a great little place and also for short family stay too.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the lifts and service stairs.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Decent hotel, relatively new, though the staff mostly are non-english speaking. Their manners are moderate. Good hotel location, with basement carpark, free for patrons. Room condition is ok, all in working condition, with smell of new paints. Breakfast was nothing interesting...

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Humbleernest
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I was here for a short 2 days 1 night trip to JB last june and it was a very pleasant experience from the check in process to the room condition.I was amazed with the room condition with the amount that was paid.As per what I was read earlier which regards to this hotel it was totally different when I was there.But anyway different people have a different perception and opinion but for me this hotel was good enough for me and let say if I were about to visit Johor Baharu again in the future,I will definitely choose this Hotel.

Room Tip: If you are coming together with your family,try not to book for a Deluxe room because it is spacious...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hasrol H
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I love the location!!! Just few steps away, you can find a big shopping mall, shops, eateries and massage centers everywhere. Going to Legoland is near too. 5 star Location!!

Hotel is nice but the room is quite small. Only fit for 2 adults and maximum of 1 small kid. Cleanliness is bad. I found hairs on my bed sheet & pillow case. YUK! I immediately called the housekeeper outside my room and he managed to change the whole sheets for me with an unhappy face :P So, 3 star for the hotel.

Breakfast is OK. I love their croissant, hot and crispy. I think for a good start, their breakfast selection is more than enough. No complaint.

Overall, I am happy with this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We stayed at the hotel because we should visit Legoland and Hello Kitty Town. We stayed 4 nights. It was a good choice, only a short ride with a taxi. The breakfast was good and the staff was very helpful. Outside the hotel there were lots of shopping and restaurants to visit in the evening. The area is being renovated and will be even better. There is a bus stop outside the hotel if you arrive with the Causewaylink from Singapore.
We had two different rooms, one with lots of mold in the shower The other room was ok. And unfortunately, the cleaning staff seemed to be on vacation except during the last day.... Probably extra staff during the first days?

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank daf_advisory
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Booked the room at this hotel 1 month before. Went to Leoland n came back late in the evening. Children were very tired n when we reached there the room were not ready and asked to wait for 30 minutes but No response until one hour. Asked the front desk staff to call the manager but refused to. After I raised my voice the front office manager, a Chinese guy came and he doesn't even know what's happening there. Still acceptable as I assume he was busy with other work. But to my surprise, when I explained the situation to him, he said it's normal for guests to wait for rooms and if I can't wait asked to find different hotel. How can servicing professional convey such a message to ur client. Not ethical at all. I just left the hotel n checked in to a nearby hotel. Bad experience. Will never get black there.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank ashley8878
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I was here for work. First impression of the hotel :
New, modern design.

However, check in was slow because only one operator serve a group of us. The second person come out when we "suggest" that it will be faster if there are another ppl to help..

Hotel room just decent size.but cleanliness was an issue. Found lot of item are not up to par...toilet smelly, not clean up properly...bed sheet dirt mark etc...

Went up to gym to check out after drop my baggage, super small...disappointed. 4 stuff, I thk, for you to play.

Dinner was just ok. Very not so ok food for buffet .

Service are bad...sorry to say. They seems do not know what they should say or do at time,

Conclusion: disappointed

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business