“Small room limited internet access”
Review of Baguss City Hotel

Baguss City Hotel
Ranked #52 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Not recommended for those who prefers comfortable spacious room. The front desk workers are not friendly. When we asked for the Internet access, they gave 1 day access. Then, the second time they gave us 2hrs access. This is absurd! They didn't explain or say anything when they gave us the access code. They're really unfriendly! The only good side of this hotel is the breakfast buffet. It's quite a satisfactory.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Amansari_072197777, General Manager at Baguss City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for choosing AmanSari Hotel City Centre on your recent visit. We appreciate your time shared with us and reviews on our hotel. Regarding to the matter that you have highlighted, we will get into it and take immediate actions accordingly.

Once again thank you for your time with us and we truly appreciate your stay with us and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your friends to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed at a seaview Deluxe Room for a 3D2N trip. The room size is acceptable. The location is very good. It is just a walking distance to Johor Bahru City Square shopping mall and JB Sentral. It is so convenient for me to take bus to Legoland, Kittyland & Johor Premium Outlet. Also, the staffs are nice. However, I found a cockroah just one the desk next to my bed on the first night! I complained verbally to hotel reception counter at once and asked them to clean up my room deeply when doing housekeeping next day. I didn't find cockroach any more for my stay.

Room Tip: To choose a Delux Room is worth for money rather than a standard room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Amansari_072197777, General Manager at Baguss City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for choosing AmanSari Hotel City Centre on your recent visit. We appreciate your time shared with us and we were glad that you enjoy your stay here with us. It is our pleasure to give you the best accommodation and facilities. We will be looking forward to welcome you and your friends to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Walked from City Square shopping centre to the hotel. Cautious to ladies, if walking a long a street with construction workers gathering place is not a problem for you.
Not fancy by its lobby setup, very small and old. Room size is OK with the price paid, no complain about the size if it is only for a night stay.
Clean room although bathroom could be cleaner. Wifi only available at the lobby.

Room Tip: Choose a room not facing the main street (Wong Ah Fook as noisy construction is just opposite the ho...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I have stay here for 3D2N few days ago. We arrived late at nite around 2am in the morning and the check in process was quick and easy. The room was small but with basic amenities without the fridge but aircon and water pressure works greatly. The most I love about this hotel is the walking distance to city square and jb central was so near around 5 minutes walk. You can just goto level 3 to walk to CIQ building for entrance to singapore. There are lots of shops nearby.. and you can have choices to eat nearby. My room have a view looking at CIQ building and we can see cars and buses go in/out to/from singapore. Most important this hotel also have their own parking space.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lina H
Amansari_072197777, General Manager at Baguss City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Reviewed 8 September 2013

So I have never written an online review before, but me and my friend had an amazing stay last night for the price, so I thought I'd make the effort.

So I haven't stayed in a hotel for over a year as I've generally been on a student budget, but as we were in Johor for the one night, we thought we'd splash out on a hotel. Essentially it was a spur of the moment thing and we didn't have a hotel as of 8pm. We had a quick browse round JH sentral, places like citrus hotel we're charging ridiculous amounts (~S$80)! So we had a quick google after sitting in mcdonalds and found here, we weren't expecting an awful lot for (£22/$40), but it had everything I needed!

A really comfortable bed, Room-controlled AC, spotlessly clean room and a 16th floor view, what more could i ask for? (can you tell i've been staying in hostels?). Even an ironing board on every floor in the hall to iron my shirt for the 'horse races' in singapore the following day!

Oh and the best bit was, the included breakfast in the morning. It was buffet, all you can eat style with a really wide selection, anything from the local dishes to scrambled egg/toast/fruit/cereal/fresh-made in front of you pancakes! (and if you have really fussy children, they even serve potato wedges too). Served from 6.30-10.30 (yep...we were the two that wandered down at 10.20, but there was still the entire selection of food there)

Location: Literally a 2 minute walk from the City Square mall north-west exit! Then the bustling saturday night market(really cool, i'd suggest it) is about 5 minutes in the other direction!

P.S. The picture on trip advisor doesn't do the hotels outside appearance justice.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank CRHamer
Amansari_072197777, General Manager at Baguss City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Reviewed 6 September 2013

DamanSari Hotel can be viewed from the moment you have your passport chopped at the Causeway. I crossed the JB Central and enjoyed some shopping at the nearby City Square. Then I walked along the City Square along Jalan Wong Ah Fook, I checked into the hotel with all friendly smiles at the counter. "Have a nice stay", "The Internet access is at the lobby - free", "the morning breakfast is just over there" ---these are the greetings words from the receptionists. I had to use the electronic card to access to my room. It was security. I felt comfortable, relaxed and enjoyed the city view from my 18th floor. The hotel was clean and no foul odour. Room was made up daily. I had 2 nights there and I enjoyed the hospitality of the hotel especially the morning breakfast where foods were of varieties and aplenty. After the sumptuous breakfast, it could be some 10am and ready to go shopping nearby, to Debrau, to Legoland, Holiday Plaza and many more. I had a memorable stay at this new hotel. Buses are just "three steps away". So convenient to travel around from there. Amansari may not be easy to find in buses but City Square is famous and we would not get lost. And the rate is just below RM200 per night from Agoda...cheers...

Room Tip: I had a memorable stay at this new hotel. Buses are just "three steps away". So convenient...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for choosing AmanSari Hotel City Centre on your recent visit. We appreciate your time shared with us and reviews on our hotel. It is our pleasure to giving you the best accommodation and facilities.

We truly appreciate your stay with us and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your friends to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

The rooms are small and the floor configuration is peculiar, which betrays its former use as an office building. You will see odd pillars in your room, and avoid corner rooms. In any case, the hotel is fairly new, so it will still do. It is only 10 min walk to City Square, and the immediate area is deserted at night, with a transvestite street-walker or 2. Low-budget package tours tend to pick this hotel for the night before their onward or next-day itinerary in Singapore.

Room Tip: Go for higher floors.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for choosing AmanSari Hotel City Centre on your recent visit. We appreciate your time shared with us and reviews on our hotel. With these information we will try our best to accommodate our guests with the best comfort and giving additional facilities and services in the near future.