“Big clean room”
Review of Bayu Marina Resort

Bayu Marina Resort
Ranked #26 of 110 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Reviewed 28 May 2013

had a short mini getaway with my family over at bayu marina resort. just 15minutes drive from the woodlands checkpoint.
Quite easy to locate the resort with the signboards at the side of the road.

Check in was a breeze. We got a free upgrade from 2 room apartment to 3 room. Living & dining area was spacious enough for my little nephews to roam around. all 3 rooms was modernly decorated with a super comfy bed & the view from our level 21 storey apartment was simply superb. We get to see the beautiful sunrise from our room.

minus point - wet lifts at level 9. Breakfast area & the swimming pool same level. almost slipped and fall due to the slippery floor due to wet guests from the pool going to their rooms in their wet suits.

Room Tip: 5mins drive / 10 mins walk to a nearby 24 hours coffeeshop for the hungry night owl :)
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank heartflakes07
There are newer reviews for Bayu Marina Resort

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Spent three days in Marina Bayu Resort with my English husband and 14 years old daughter. We have been so many hotels around the world for holidays, from budget to luxury ones. I think this hotel is one of our favourites. The staff are kind, polite and friendly, especially Miss Sugar. She is an asset to the hotel. We will come again, for sure.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JamilaJackson
Reviewed 5 May 2013

After viewing so many negative reviews about this hotel before reaching my destination. To be frank, it got me worried that I will have a bad experience with my stay there. I didn't choose this hotel as my stay as I bought deal from Groupon so I don't have a choice. Luckily, it was a nice stay! Most of the people complain about the service but it was fine. In fact, the service personnel are very friendly. They answered all my queries with a smile. The room is spacious and clean. The only downside of it is the wifi, it doesn't work at all or very low bandwidth.

I also want to compliment their food as it was so worth it! Their portion is not small and it's delicious. My boyfriend and I ordered soup, crab meat Yee mee and XO fried rice. The amount of crab meat they put in is really worth the price! Soup is enough for both of us and the XO fried rice is good too. Breakfast was good as well!

Check-out process we're smooth and we headed to Legoland. Overall we both have a great time! Totally worth the stay.

Room Tip: If you want a good view, you might want to request to have sea facing or the golf course facing. It...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kyandi-ong
Reviewed 20 April 2013

The hotel is pretty new and the rooms are ok, cleanliness very good, pool ok. In general the facilities are not too bad. Unfortunately the service is one of the worst I ever experienced anywhere in the world. The front office staff is busy with little chit chats amongst each other and they basically spend 90% of their working time with some "private business" like watching TV, facebook, etc. WIFI internet was included in the room rate but it never worked except the first few hours after check in. We reported the problem each single day of our 2 weeks stay but the only reply was "our maintenance team is checking" or "somebody from the local telecom will come today". Nothing happened and internet was not working until we finally checked out. All charges were guaranteed and settled by my company.......the first few days it worked well, all of a sudden the front office staff kept bothering me to pay my roomservice, laundry, etc. by cash. Why ??? Overall the hotel could be very nice but unfortunately the lack of service attitude amongst the team is letting the whole place down.............we had the feeling that the management is not there permanently and the staff is taking advantage of that.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank alex1976Bangkok
Reviewed 16 April 2013

It is a newly constructed resort. We were three families with children and we had got our bookings through GROUPON. Had received the confirmations from the resort for the type of rooms we requested. But when we reached the resort they refused to give us our confirmed rooms stating non-availability as the reason and then we had to adjust in the rooms they provided. Was extremely disappointed.

4  Thank Anu123456789
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Personally I think the hotel is great and brand new. The poolside is outstanding too but unfortunately the hotel front office staff are really with bad attitude, lack of courtesy and concentration as well. As I call and spoke to Sara, requesting for extra bed for my children, she told me that the hotel got no more extra bed and she will get back to me later (4pm). But later means many hours later, I went down personally and asked her, guess what this front office (Sara) tell me? OH, I WILL CALL AND CHECK NOW WITH THE HOUSEKEEPING (8.30pm), does it mean that she totally forgotten about my request earlier and looking at the situation at the front desk, this hotel staff are busy on facebook instead, Again I waited, yet nothing get back to me at all till check out. What type of service is this? Management should take action and repair your hospitality standard, service and the image of your hotel. To me, your hotel front office is very noisy and annoying, treating like their own home, in the other word, it looks like a market....The only thing I tell myself that I will never check inn to this hotel again nor recommend my friends or family. Thumbs down!

Room Tip: Highly not recommended to all. The service not worth the money at all although the hotel is new.
4  Thank joseph11nic
Reviewed 25 March 2013

this resort is newly constructed. It is actually a mixed hotel/residential development. Having said that, it should put some perspective on this resort.

I chose to stay here as I wanted a spacious room for the little one. Safety, easy parking and affordability were my main deciding factors and this resort matched them best among others in Johor area.

Location wise, I had difficulties finding the resort, even with GPS coordinates as the road leading to the resort has not been updated and is within a residential area. Good thing is the building is pretty tall, so you can spot it from afar. In terms of food options, there are 1-2 small restaurants within walking distance of the resort but don't expect too much. We drove out for everything else. There is gantried parking on the 3rd floor and there is a security guard there too but I noticed that the lifts from the carpark permitted access to my room level without card access (even though there are signs).

Note that the balcony door lock is a simple snap lock - children can unlock it quite easily. Rooms are large, clean. Useful for families. There is a kitchen area - handy for warming up meals. My only grouse is the bathroom floods once someone takes a shower (design fault). Bathroom lighting is dark. Pillows are very average. Swimming pool area is nice - windy, clean, scenic. Breakfast is ok - sufficient for a meal. We ordered in for a meal and the wait was 30 minutes - all things considered, i would say it is a fair as I do not see this as a high-end hotel. Housekeeping is ok too. Towels, sheets are clean.

Room Tip: If having a room view is important - expect to pay a bit more for it.
3  Thank leavethewritingtome