“Clean n spacious”
Review of Bayu Marina Resort

Bayu Marina Resort
Ranked #28 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Reviewed 11 August 2013

The rooms that we stayed were clean and spacious! It's good for friends gathering and it's family friendly. It has a well spead of breakfast. Service is OK, takes about 20mins to check in check out. Best place If u are driving. Hawker food @ taman sentosa is about 5mins drive. And ksl shopping mall about 10mins drive.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Stevenyht

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Before our trip, we were terrified with the previous reviews of this hotels. Unfortunately, we had paid for the whole package (with LEGOLAND and Universal Studio) which this hotel is inclusive.

The first thing that I took note was the unfriendly and rude demeanor of their staff, which almost every reviewer commented on. Well, I must say, in this aspect, THEY HAVE IMPROVED TREMENDOUSLY! We were greeted nicely and politely upon check-in. As it was a long travelling day for us, my group of friends and I were tired and a little cranky. However, the receptionist patiently checked us in and informed us of all the facilities, breakfast, as well as our arrangements for the oncoming excursions. Being tired, our attention span was short, when we asked the receptionist to repeat the instructions, he gladly do so. The cafe's staff was calm, well mannered and efficient even though they were short staffed, especially when one morning, obviously a large tour group had checked in the previous day, breakfast was havoc.

We stayed in the 2-bedroom apartment, it was clean. The bedrooms were adequate, though the shower was a little moldy, could use a good cleaning and it'll be good as new. There was also a nice balcony with the view of the river which is much cleaner since there was another review highlighting the dirty river. The dining area is huge, if one doesn't mind, this space can easily fit in 4 single beds, great saving deal if you are traveling in a large group.. The kitchenette was fitted with a little fridge, sink with strong water, microwave, kettle and cups for coffee or tea. One thing though, if you have food stuff in the fridge, we didn't know that the fridge is connected to the access card of the room. One morning, we left the room, taking the access card with us, the electricity to the fridge was cut off together with everything else in the whole apartment. We came back to warm beer.

One thing to note as well. This hotel is a little out of the way. It's within a residential area. There are little sundry shops, clinic, massage parlour and coffee shops nearby (5 minutes walk away) but if you are looking for more, you would have to take a taxi out.

There is one thing that we find is ridiculous, ours was a 2 bedroom apartment, meant for 4 persons. When we asked for extra pillows, 1 for each person, we were told by housekeeping that they can only provide us with 1 extra pillow PER APARTMENT. Anything more than that, they will have to charge RM5 per pillow, which we think is ridiculous. This extra pillow policy should go by the number of people.

And they have to do something about the sound proofing and the pub on ground floor. We were on the 11th floor and we could still hear the music in the middle of the night.

Room Tip: Good for a large group or family
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank AslinaTeo
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I found out I could have stayed at a better hotel for the money I paid. the rooms are big but not very suitable for a business traveller, okay for families perhaps. Had to get a cab to this location. the service is okay. Breakfast is not what you would expect. Definitely not for tourist or business travellers.

Room Tip: Not for business travellers or tourist
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Estate555
Reviewed 1 June 2013

During check in was efficient but trauma begin when we went to our room. The room is so called okay but cleanliness is poor, toilet not functioning and such a terrible smell coming thru the kitchen sink. So I called the front desk to sent someone up here to check, I actually don't understand her English because this lady is a Filipino and she doesn't really understand what I am trying to tell her. My curiosity is, "Why the Management can put such an idiot to be at the front desk?" Well, i have waited for almost one hour but no one came, either this Filipino lady doesn't understand or she did not follow up my request at all
....is that very hard just to sent someone to fix it. I am puzzled here. The worst was this hotel got to training to their service staffs, they don't really understand English and even the whole hotel staffs are foreigner,Especially Filipinos. Read some others review about this hotel,talking about how great it was, it's all craps
And the waterfront view which cost another RM30, is everyone blinded by those floating garbages. If your resort is not ready to sell, do not open at all. please be more considerate about those loud drilling, knocking and many other unbearable noise. let me know, is this is what you call a RESORT?? Shame on you guy.

Your location was isolated from everything else. Travellers please beware and reconsider before checking in to this hotel.

Room Tip: If traveller coming here to relax and enjoying with family, this will not be the ideal one. You will...
7  Thank Rebkastel
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Stayed 3 nights in a 2 bedrooms apartment.The unit is clean, comfortable and spacious. The hotel staff are courteous, friendly and helpful. Has a good variety of Malaysian food every morning for buffet breakfast. The location has no public transport convenient; need to call cab. I'd requested for a high floor, quiet, non smoking area. And gosh.. I realized the next early morning, my unit was a floor up beside the open air restaurant and every 6 am, I get the noises from the food preparation,pushing of gas /cooking stove... followed with fork fighting events. When I reaches out for some fresh air from the balcony, the hotels staff are puffing cigarettes at the open air! The receptionist really need to be tactful and anticipate these when allocating room. My hubby tried for another room on the 1st.day but only has a different quad type of room apartment.

Room Tip: Ask and check of ur rooms request.
2  Thank simmei
Reviewed 28 May 2013

had a short mini getaway with my family over at bayu marina resort. just 15minutes drive from the woodlands checkpoint.
Quite easy to locate the resort with the signboards at the side of the road.

Check in was a breeze. We got a free upgrade from 2 room apartment to 3 room. Living & dining area was spacious enough for my little nephews to roam around. all 3 rooms was modernly decorated with a super comfy bed & the view from our level 21 storey apartment was simply superb. We get to see the beautiful sunrise from our room.

minus point - wet lifts at level 9. Breakfast area & the swimming pool same level. almost slipped and fall due to the slippery floor due to wet guests from the pool going to their rooms in their wet suits.

Room Tip: 5mins drive / 10 mins walk to a nearby 24 hours coffeeshop for the hungry night owl :)
1  Thank heartflakes07
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Spent three days in Marina Bayu Resort with my English husband and 14 years old daughter. We have been so many hotels around the world for holidays, from budget to luxury ones. I think this hotel is one of our favourites. The staff are kind, polite and friendly, especially Miss Sugar. She is an asset to the hotel. We will come again, for sure.

1  Thank JamilaJackson