“Hello Kitty and the Kid in Me.”

Sanrio Hello Kitty Town
Ranked #4 of 66 things to do in Johor Bahru
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The first Hello Kitty theme park outside of Japan.
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I wanted to visit this because I've been to the Hello Kitty Cafe in Seoul but didn't get to see the Hello Kitty's Cottage due to lack of time.

traveling on a budget I didn't take any package tour.just followed the train to the immigration and got on the bus to Larkin, went off at the border and got my passport stamped to exit singapore and then another bus to Malaysia immigration to enter into johor bahru. for first time visitors to malaysia like me, they'd scrutinize your passport, have your pointing fingers scanned, and placed a sticker on my passport.

the bus going to Trader's Hotel where the indoor theme park is just located across the immigration building at the far end.it did not indicate the frequency of its trips and we waited for around 15mins. before a bus arrived. it is the same bus going to Legoland so
don't get confused and
lost.

it was not as clean as the buses in Singapore but the airconditioner was on full
blast.the driver will collect the exact fare and would not hand in your change despite the amount on the receipt.

the bus will stop near theme park's name outside the building.finding the entrance is easy. it just looks like a store in a mall outside; but the Red Bow Cafe is visible.they prefer a mastercard if you pay by card
and if you have your Legoland ticket, you get a discount.

It is a 3 level indoor park. level 1 has the cafe, merchandise store, locker area, customer service and the ticketing area.Level 2 is the Sanrio
Hello Kitty Town and a Hello Kitty Buffet Area. Lastly the Big Adventure Town which has a separate entrance fee you can
pay at level 1.you can tour both or just one.I just wanted the Hello Kitty because I got there late and had not much time.

For a fee of $75ringgit, it will be worth your trip.

inside you have 4 activities, rides, a playroom, a mystery adventure, and lots of photo opportunities with Hello Kitty, Dear Daniel, My Melody, and Badbadzmaru.

The rides are unlimited turns and your kids can spend hours at the play area; but the activities are one-time only, simple and refreshing and you get the freebies after.

I got a stainless red bow bracelet, a Hello Kitty cookie, a photo wearing Hello Kitty Costume, and a Hello Kitty badge.these are all included in the entrance fee.

then there was this black adventure that you have to solve, I didnt get the right answer. I was just amazed inside and took many photos that I forgot it. I saw some who got it right and they got a certificate and voucher for the merchandise store.

I loved going around the Hello
Kitty House with all the Hello Kitty apparel, accessories, furniture, appliances, toys, piano, etc. inside. It was like being in a big doll house. I sat on chairs and tried the tub and the bed. (lololol!)

there's a cinnamon cafe inside also with Hello Kitty shaped goodies if you get hungry.

the theme park had two shows that I saw.the first was an interactive show. the second one for me,the best one. it was the character parade where kids can interact with the characters and with each other.I had to rush leave after that because I didnt want to get stuck in traffic at the border. I saw other people who opted to stay at the hotel
so as not to rush their kids at play.

going back to Singapore you just ride the same bus that stops outside the hotel. It will
make a few rounds between the hotel and Legoland and then one stop for the Inspector and at Larkin before going to the Immigration at the border.rush hour can be a pain so be mindful of the time and be patient.

please remember to be open-minded and not be comparative of this to the other theme parks that have gravity-pulling rides, stunts, and deathly thrills. (I've been to HK's Ocean Park, Disneyland, Snoopy's, Noah's Ark; and Sg's Universal Studios).

even without those kind of thrills,the simple yet refreshing activities gave me a warm, happy like a kid and hopeful and good experience.

4  Thank ksen5
There are newer reviews for Sanrio Hello Kitty Town

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Family Visit - we had all fun especially the kids. Arrived there by 9:00AM, we roam the vicinity. It is better to go there & wait till they open. Can leave luggage with a minimal fee (whole day). We finished visiting all by 3:30 PM. We booked a car from Singapore to pick us up, more convenient for the kids especially in the immigration.

2  Thank JingleVeronica P
Reviewed 8 June 2014

First floor is Hello Kitty purchase items - which I find it a bit costly but a lot to choose from.
2nd floor is Hello Kitty I called it day-to-day life - they have cookie making, jewellery making, costume making, etc. For photo shoot, they have Hello Kitty house - this I can say is awesome!
3rd floor is a small theme park - something like Genting indoor park.

Overall, kids will enjoy. I enjoyed too because I felt like I'm in Japan or what... its cool!

2  Thank Nazimah I
Reviewed 3 June 2014

this place were just average & overrated...with only one level i found it quite boring & limited things to explore there (compared to the little big club on upper level)...not much things to do but to take pictures only...should add more attraction or activity in the future...

2  Thank uninvitedguest82
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Staff insisted that my son who was just past 3 years needed a ticket, and adults and child have same rate. There should be a lower child's rate which is common in most theme parks like LEGOLAND. Many of the staff put on a "tired" face which is inappropriate for a "happy" place.

3  Thank tomtec70