“A GOOD budget hotel”

Ranked #25 of 108 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Chennai (Madras), India
“A GOOD budget hotel”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Booking was hassle-free ( thanks to booking.com). Check-in was fast. Staff were courteous. The hotel being very near to Bukit Indah Mall, there is no shortage of eateries around the hotel. The staff even whipped me mini breakfasts through out my stay in this hotel at a nominal rate.

Coming to the room, for the price they charge, the rooms are a bit small. The hallway is cramped as well. The bedding and linen were clean and sound-proofing was ok. I booked a king size room for a single person and it didn't feel too royal for me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
princetonhotel, Manager at Princeton Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Warmest Greetings from Princeton Hotel! Thank you for your comments and reviews for the hotel. We appreciate your comments and we will improve further in order to serve you better. Thank you and hope to see you again

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Miri, Malaysia
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Booked this hotel through Agoda, requested king sized bed (to accommodate my 2 years old kid) but twin bed given. The check-in process was fast & the staff was friendly. The corridor to the room was very dark which made us feel unsecure. We booked superior room but the room was quite small. The pillows were very old & the bath amenities quality was very low. Hotel is near to Aeon Shopping Mall. A lot of eatery around that area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Mon_0624
Dear Valued Guest,
Warmest Greetings from Princeton Hotel! Thank you for your comments and reviews for the hotel. We appreciate your comments and we will take immediate action to solve the problem in order to serve you better. Thank you and hope to see you again
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Overall condition of the room was not bad... The location of this hotel is strategic which is surrounded by AEON, Tesco, and Giant. The room was very clean as well as the toilet. Good customer service too. However, the room is quite small compared to the same price hotel in KL.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hueyling
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Worth the value,front office staff are friendly and helpful.room are clean and wifi are good.macdonald 24hrs nearby for those wanna late supper.aeon,tesco and even giant hypermarket are around the vicinity.can purchase ticket to legoland which is much cheaper and you can even rent a car which is need to be book 3 days in advance

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Maharudin M
Dear Valued Guest,
Warmest Greetings from Princeton Hotel! Thank you for your comments and reviews for the hotel. We appreciate your reviews and we will improve further in order to serve you better. Thank you and hope to see you again
Jurong, Singapore
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is my 2nd stay in Princeton Hotel, Bukit Indah, Johor. 1st trip is more of shopping at AEON and eating Zichar (local seafood), this trip is for my son to Legoland.

Why I pick Princeton Hotel...
As I do not want to spend RM800 for a nite stay at Legoland Hotel, I would think staying at Bukit Indah is a very good alternative for a couple of reasons

1) Transportation: Very easy to come from Singapore Jurong East Interchange (CW3) and Boon Lay Interchange (CW6), on returning home, you catch the bus at the same bus stop you alight, just outside AEON shopping mall. Princeton is just 5-7 minutes walk from the bus stop (towards Hotel Granada direction)

2) Shopping: AEON shopping mall which has plenty of eateries and a cinema. It has a big supermarket where you can get grocery as well.

3) Local Food: Near TESCO/GIANT, the shophouses at the junction of Persiaran Indah and Jalan Persisiran Perling 2. For breakfast, you can enjoy wonton mee, roti prata, char keoy tiao, etc. For dinner, you can get Zichar, seafood, satay, etc. If you do not want to walk that far (actually not far to me), there are plenty of eateries shops, ranging from Western, Thai, Chinese, to local food just along the street behind Princeton, yes, you can have your breakfast along this street. I have tried Tea Garden, good food, and nice tungsten lighting setup, quite romantic (if you going with your girlfriend). There is a confectionery shop, named MingAng, which sell very nice ShaoBao (roast bun) and MaTiShu (cookies with honey like sweet fillings)

4) Pasar Malam: I saw it at Bukit Indah2 (BI2)when I was on my way back from Legoland on a Wednesday evening. BI2 is closest town/taman next to Princeton Hotel, just a 5 minute drives, you can walk, but a little far.

5) For Christians, there are at least two churches along the long stretch of road behind Princeton as well.

6) If you want to go beyond Bukit Indah shopping, you can catch CW3S to Sutera Mall.

My Stay....
I arrived very early around 8.30am, room wasn’t ready (as expected, no complaint), but the friendly staff (an Indian lady) arranged to keep our luggage at the counter as I told her I am heading to Legoland. We had picked a Superior King room, which was much bigger and spacious for my wife and son. Everything was basic which was just what I needed, very clean, had a window, quiet but powerful aircon, though sound proofing of the walls was not fantastic. One comment was the WiFi had excellent connection, much better than those 3-4 stars hotels I stayed in KL or Penang. I was also surprised to find out Princeton Hotel were selling Legoland tickets at ~20% discount from what you would have gotten online, pretty good deal. At lobby, there are some selection of snacks and mineral water if you need at late nite. Not a big lobby, but had couple of sofa, bright and refreshing while you are waiting for a cab. Most of the staff I come across were friendly or very friendly.

Nearby Hotel...
Is there another hotel near Princeton? Yes. Hotel Granada, it is a 3-4 star hotel just beside Princeton. Can’t compare the two, as they should be in different category. If you go by the States standard, Granada is a hotel, while Princeton is a motel. Which is better? It depends on what fits your bill, the price is probably close to double for Granada, you can read the reviews in Tripadvisor or Agoda website and decide yourself. Other alternatives (along the street behind Princeton) are Kozi Hotel or Goody Hotel, they should belong to the same category as Princeton , I will still probably pick Princeton on my next visit, for its King size bed, friendly staff and good WiFi.

Taxi...
The friendly Indian lady staff at Princeton Hotel counter had helped to call me a cab to Legoland in the morning, pretty quick, driver at doorstep in about 10 minutes. The taxi was from Public Cab (Tel: 07-2413111), run by meter, cost me RM12-13, took ~10 minutes to reach Legoland. I was not familiar with the taxi companies here, but all Public Cab seems to be in RED color. The friendly Indian lady was rather knowledgeable and told me NOT to take those cab in BLUE at Legoland when I leave in the evening, true enough, I found out that it will probably cost me double. You must be very lucky if you can see a RED taxi waiting at the Medini Mall outside Legoland, but there are plenty of BLUE taxi, thus I call the Public Cab in both the evenings when I am done with Theme and Water Parks respectively, the taxi arrived pretty quick too, approx 15 minutes wait. I think most of the drivers speak some English at least, so no worries. I think there is a public bus (SL1) back to Bukit Indah, but only operate on weekends or public holidays (google Causeway Link website).

Written on 18 June 2014

Room Tip: Go for their Superior or Family rooms for more space to put your luggage.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
16 Thank UT67A
Dear Valued Guest,
Warmest Greetings from Princeton Hotel! Thank you for your comments and reviews for the hotel. We appreciate your reviews very much and we will improve further in order to serve you better. Thank you and hope to see you again
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

The staff is very friendly. Putting on a smile everytime..
The room is big and cosy. Value for money. Buy legoland ticket from the hotel. It is cheaper than buying online. The location is between aeon and tesco, just 5 mins walk from the hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Quek L
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I just returned from JB and stayed at Princeton Hotel, Bukit Indah. Just near to AEON Bukit Indah. Counter lady very nice and polite. Price within my budget. Convenience for people want to stay just a night to attending meetings in Nusajaya in the morning. Comfortable & Recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Khaizal
Dear Valued Guest,
Warmest Greetings from Princeton Hotel! Thank you for your comments and reviews for the hotel. We appreciate your review very much and we will improve further in order to serve you better. Thank you and hope to see you again