“Great new hotel in the outskirts of JB.”

Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel
Ranked #3 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

I'd always felt the hotels in JB were mostly dated and didn't live up to expectations. However, Renaissance was newly opened and the room was clean and fresh. Everything worked well. While the location of this hotel was a little on the outskirts, it was still fine as we had a car and could move around. Also, there were many shops and eateries and even an Aeon nearby so it was quite convenient. The distance from the hotel to the causeway was fairly near by car, although it is further as compared to other hotels at the city center.

One comment I have for improvement is the hotel lobby. The large space of the lobby was great but not well utilized. More furniture and decorative pieces could be placed there to make the lobby "friendlier". At first impression, the lobby felt really bare and unwelcoming.

Also, the exterior paint of the hotel could already use a fresh layer of higher quality paint. Stains were already starting to appear, even though the hotel was still quite new.

Finally, the hotel staff can be trained to be more courteous and knowledgeable. They did not seem to be able to answer some questions I had, especially the front office.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank NYChow
Marc_Cosyns, General Manager at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Renaissance Hotel, Johor Bahru and taking your time to write such a heartfelt review.

I am very happy knowing that you enjoyed the stay with us and that our property in general fit perfectly to accommodate your needs.

Your remarks in regards of our Lobby interior will be took into consideration, such as having additional decorative items to build a fresher image for the Lobby. As for the exterior paint itself, your remark will be forwarded to our Chief Engineer to consider of the repainting. My apology for such inconvenience you encountered with our Navigator, your concern has been forwarded to our Front Office Manager, so he can take the necessary to provide navigator knowledge to the staffs in the front line. Hopefully every one of them will be fully equipped and knowledgeable in the future you come to visit us again.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

This was a great hotel to stay in. The breakfasts are nice and the hotel restaurant is very good too. Staff was very friendly and super helpful- probably the best I've come across. Pool area is very nice too. Definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Marc_Cosyns, General Manager at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Guest,

It is such a pleasure to read your kind and generous review of Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel. I am happy to know that our property in many aspects fit perfectly to accommodate your needs. Your comments regarding our staffs and our hotel in general were greatly appreciated.

Thank you also for recommending our beautiful gem to our future traveler on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

On 4/12/13 i bring my family to cafe BLD for dinner,i make a normal reservation via phone.Once i reach there i was given a private room and a staff to serve me & my family...feel like been treated like a VIP....Thumbs up for the service that their given to me..
But for the buffet spread i little bit disappointed bcoz not much variety to choose,dessert also not much variety.Thank you for giving us a good service keep it up F&B team...

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Eddy_1855
Marc_Cosyns, General Manager at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Guest,

It is such a pleasure to read your kind review of Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel. I am happy to know that you and family had a wonderful dining experience with us. Your remark on the lack of variety of our buffet will be forwarded to our Executive Chef so he can do the necessary to improve this area. Do apology for the inconvenience causes.

Thank you once again for your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon on board.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Everything is perfect. Definitely worth to come back, and to recommend to others. Clean room, great TV programmes, excellent food quality at the restaurant's buffet, nice gym to workout in. Only one con is guest room internet wifi couldn't work. However the public wifi at the lobby was fast. Customer service was excellent. Every single staff represents warm n professional attitude.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I am tremendously overwhelmed by your generosity in writing us such a heartfelt review of your time spent at the Renaissance Johor Bahru. I am particularly happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and so to know that our team were able to provide you a genuine service in a gracious way is also wonderful to read.

Thank you for recommending our property to our future travelers on TripAdvisor. We look forward to host you again soon.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is without a doubt the best hotel I have ever stayed in. The hotel décor is very nice and the rooms are very spacious, comfortable and very well kept. The food is excellent, it is a good job there is an excellent gymnasium on the premises to work it off ! But what makes the hotel so extra special is the amazing staff. Never have I been in a hotel where every staff member addresses you by your name. They all make you feel so at home, it is a pleasure to return to the hotel at the end of the day. I was recommended by a friend who had also stayed there to upgrade my room so as to be able to use the club lounge on the 16th floor. The lounge is incredible with great views overlooking Singapore. The staff here became like my extended family, they could not do enough for you. Hospitality at its finest.

1  Thank 88Wes
Marc_Cosyns, General Manager at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a heartfelt review of your time spent at Renaissance Johor Bahru. I am overwhelm by your compliments regarding our genuine hospitality. It is wonderful to know that my team were able to extended the services in a gracious way and enable to marking a memorable experience for you.

I am also happy to know that you enjoyed our Club Lounge, gym and the food in BLD. It is good to know that our property is fit perfectly to your needs.

Once again thank you for your review of Renaissance Johor Bahru. We look forward to welcoming you back soon in the near future and also welcoming more guests as a result of reading your review of Renaissance Johor Bahru.

Reviewed 29 November 2013

room, staff, all just nice!
We checked in this hotel for a seminar whoch held in the conference room on the next day.
the only concern is why there is no breakfast included? hm... how we wish we can just walk down to enjoy our breakfast early in the morning. we need to add on RM42 ++ for the breakfast.
anyway, its a good stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Marc_Cosyns, General Manager at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to read how you enjoyed your stay and the service you received at Renaissance Johor Bahru. That is the experience and services that I would expected our guests to received. I would also thank you for your review of Renaissance Johor Bahru and for encouraging others to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon on board to discover more of our uniqueness.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

My company frequently books their staff to Renaissance ever since it started operations mid 2013. Their continental buffet at Cafe BLD is something short of a feast fit for a king (excepts to pork products). And their rooms are well appointed fit for a business traveller's needs, with a 24 hour gym.

But my main point in writing is about Jason Alano, a Navigator par excellance. Who 1) pointed out a flat tyre in my car; 2) gave options on how to solve the problem; 3) helped me change my tyre including borrowing equipment for the change; 4) friendly and approachable that he did not ask for anything else but just said: "I am Jason, please let me know if I could make your stay delightful and enjoy your stay." Truly a wonder considering he is almost out of breath in changing the tyre with his coat on.

Room Tip: Try to choose rooms from 11 to 33 for a better view of the Johor Skyline and the Straits of Singapor...

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing this rave review regarding your recent experience staying with us. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and our gym facility. In regards of our Cafe BLD, it is actually a buffet style restaurant that is not serving pork and all food served is Halal.

Your comment regarding our staff’s hospitality is very essential to help us in developing our people, especially to achieve our service of excellence. It is really appreciated. I will forwarded your remark to Jason for the genuine service that he provided to you.

Your patronage towards Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon on board.