“Best shower in the world”

Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel
Ranked #3 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Just checked in and the shower is THE BEST IN THE WORLD! Also love the Tokyo bath products....GREAT ROOM, happy friendly staff, cant wait to explore the rest of the hotel. Airconditioning great, alot of hotels just do not do this well.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank annettek91
Marc_Cosyns, General Manager at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Hi Annettek,

How delighted I am to know that you and your family enjoyed our rain shower and Tokyo Milk bath products that are distilled for a remarkably uncommon sensory experience.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and your kind remark is highly appreciated. So many of our guests rave about our ambassadors and that they are the most memorable part with the Renaissance Johor Bahru, exactly what we aim for in the business of hospitality. I will surely share this throughout the hotel as examples of great hospitality.

I hope you have the chance to join us again in the near future!

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Even though this hotel seems to cater for business people more than families I would still recommend it. We stayed here in July with two children 8 & 10. We had interconnecting rooms which were large and spacious.

From the moment we walked into the hotel experience was amazing. The check in staff were friendly and informative. The rooms were impeccable and better then any room we have stayed at in Australia. They were very clean and the bed and pillows were very comfortable.

We had dinner at the Chinese restaurant in the hotel the first night. The food and service was excellent. Breakfast at the restaurant down stairs was amazing as well. There was an abundant selection of food and the atmosphere was impressive. With the kitchen in the middle of the restaurant you could see everything that was going on.

Highly recommended and would definitely stay there again if going to JB.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank becnant99
Marc_Cosyns, General Manager at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Becnant,

Thank you for your flattering review about your stay at the Renaissance Johor Bahru, a hotel that is great for business and perfect for leisure. I am happy that you and your family enjoyed our hospitality from the front desk experience to room and our buffet spread.

I will gladly share your comments with the ambassadors and we hope that we will be able to host you again here in Johor Bahru on your next visit.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Our three night stay was very pleasant and enjoyable. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was amazing, the spread was very good. We were particularly impressed with the staff around the hotel, from the housekeeping to the restaurant, they are all well trained and most helpful. While the location is a bit far from the city, there are many good restaurants within walking distance. There is a shopping mall nearby.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank maclinksgoer
Marc_Cosyns, General Manager at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Maclinksgoer,

Thank you for residing with us and I am delighted to note of the overall positive feedback about the Renaissance Johor Bahru. I am glad to learn that the service of our ambassadors has met your satisfaction.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your great experience and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Just pack and went for a short weekend break over the causeway with a friend's recommendation.Was fortunate the flow of human traffic was low at the checkpoint and was actually in a taxi taken from a nearby stand after the immigration clearance building.

Road trip was safe and sound and only needed about 20 minute we arrived in the entrance of the hotel and was greeted by friendly but discipline security guards with the friendly greet from the guys from concierge and was escorted to the check in counters on the left hand side of the grand lobby and I mean "posh" .....checking in was a breeze and also only a few minute with the helpful staff and genuine smile from everyone whom attended to my family & I.

Room superb with super superb or rather queen size like twin singles.clean and toilet & shower in good tidy condition.

View from the room was acceptable and having the "local life style" view was enticing.

Dinner time was great and the crowd was immerse and the notice lots of Muslim breaking their fast as well.Honestly,we were quiet late for a wide variety of food galore (western/local/continental) from all ethic groups and the eye catching is the glassed covered bakery outlet in the dining area.Areas was well kept and clean and the waiter and waitress are prompt and fast in their services.

My sincere thanks and was my out-most pleasure to have met the F & B manager whom made sure my family & I had ample time to have an enjoyable dinner despite and notice the open kitchen guys and gals are cleaning up.Sushi chef my compliment on the preparation for my vegetarian sushi with passion.

Will for sure revisit them sometime soon and rest assure should you had left anything behind after check out....you only need to call them and they will revert.

Really sincerely compliment as they and brought the word "customer service" to the next level.

Thanks again

Room Tip: Choose those that have twin singe as the single are like queen size dimension for sure ample space t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kelvin T
Marc_Cosyns, General Manager at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear R-Seeker,

On behalf of all the staff here at the Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review of our hotel.

It is so pleasing to hear our ambassadors took such great care of you and our indigenous and international buffet spread during Ramadan was to your liking. We all work very hard on our service and quality so it is very nice to be recognized.

We all hope it is not too long before you and your friends can come back again to Johor Bahru for a visit.

With gratitude,

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

3d2n stay for my wedding anniversary. Room was great with roses decor, and fruit chocolate platter, all being arranged complimentary from hotel for my wedding anniversary!
Breakfast was very good! My husband love the pool & gym as well.
Location: There's a mall nearby for some shopping. Local Food stalls can be found just behind the hotel with less than 5mins walk.
Will come back again!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Chung C

Dear Chung,

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary and thank you very much for sharing such a lovely photos.

Nothing makes us happier than knowing how satisfied our guests with our hospitality. I have to agree with you that we have one of the best locations in Johor Bahru for shopping and dining in just walking distance.

Again thank you for taking the time to write a review here on Trip Advisor we appreciate all feedback from our guests and we wish to see you again.

Mark Cosyns

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Words can't describe our satisfaction about this hotel. Every thing is outstanding.our high recommendation goes direct to the food it's one of the amazing food tasting and presenting I've ever triad. They have chief from many countries such as Asian and Indian. Freshly made just in front of u. Furthermore, The room are luxury spacious and clean , fluffy bed and bellows. It's the best hotel in JB. I highly recommend it.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Mervatmb
Marc_Cosyns, General Manager at Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Mervatmb,

Thank you or "shukran" for taking the time to write your review here on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to know that you had an excellent stay and experienced the best hospitality from our valuable associates. We certainly strive to deliver the best possible service to our guests and ensure that we deliver what we have committed all of the time.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed 16 August 2014

First, I would like to say the hotel is very nice. My main purpose in writing this review is to express my great experience with staff on my multiple stays. The staff by itself makes this hotel 5 stars. Mohammad Faizal Ahmad Roseland, the executive club manager, IS the best executive lounge person I ever have meet (and I've been all over the world).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard50510

Dear Richard,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you were able to experience our authentic Renaissance hospitalilty. I will convey your appreciation to our valuable associate, Mohammad Faizal Ahmad Roseland.

I am looking forward to have you back again should your travels brings you back to Johor Bahru.