“Finally, a decent hotel in JB!”

Hotel Jen Puteri Harbour, Johor
Ranked #3 of 108 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Singapore, Singapore
“Finally, a decent hotel in JB!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I highly recommend this hotel. It just recently opened. The breakfast buffet is good. We also had dinner once by the poolside and it was delicious.

I don't like the pool concept of Traders Hotel wherein the swimming pool is the main attraction in the bar. If you do not mind, it is a nice pool but not so big.

The rooms are quite spacious. The configuration of the hotel is confusing but you will get used to it.

Hotel is near a harbour and adjacent to a mall.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

A good place to go for a short trip with friends and family provided you have your own transport . Way too far inside nusajaya . Hello kitty land is within walking distance . Food is rather expensive though .

1 Thank Mirza A
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

On the evening of 22 Mar, while exiting from the basement carpark of Trader's Hotel Puteri Harbour, my car was knocked on the side by a vehicle (JPG 1883) driven by a staff of Hello Kitty Land. The crash left my car all scratched. The staff recognised that he was in the wrong but only offered RM 100 for the damages caused. I rejected it out of hand and the staff's supervisor intervened to advise that a Police report be lodged together by both parties. Both sides agreed and went together to a nearby Police station in Nusajaya but were informed to go to the Traffic Police Dept further away. The vehicle, JPG 1883, offered to lead the way but instead took the opportunity to speed off and fled. I lost sight of his car within seconds!

I must say that the carpark design for the hotel is flawed and the quality of the staff at Hello Kitty Land leaves much to be desired. This incident left a bitter aftertaste in what would have been a pleasant stay in the hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Lee_yl1978
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Nice hotel, great food, clean rooms, fantastic shower, child friendly and wonderful service. My kids thought the staff were awesome, they were so helpful and friendly. Shame that they couldn't control the weather! Nice that they are part of a mall of sorts, it meant we could walk to a pharmacy, toy store, other eating places (not that they could beat the hotel food!). We had thought it was a tiny bit cheaper though, confused by the ++ which means plus 10% tax and plus 10% something else as well. Still pretty good value though.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

The one night stay was fabulous...
As we are traveling with a 7 yrs old and 9 mths old, we needed a room with bath tub.
The hotel was packed and most of the premium room w bath tub are all taken up. The hotel staff was very nice to upgrade us to a executive premium room that come with bath tub.
The surrounding was quiet and this is what we are looking for...

Stayed March 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

We reached the hotel at about 2.30pm and were greeted by a Chinese staff at the front line counter during our check in (forgotten her name), and check in was very smooth. Though we have to wait for room to be ready, she keep on apologizing on the delay which make us feel so comfortable and don’t mind waiting for the room to be ready.
Upon check in, we realised that the room given was without a bathtub and my husband was very particular about it especially during our vacation. We tried to call service desk and call was answered by supervisor, Vincent and was pleased to know that he will proceed to change our room with a bathtub but we still had to wait again. We don’t mind waiting as our kids were asleep. After waiting for 45 mins, the room was still not ready and we need to take our dinner. Service desk informed us to leave our luggage in the room and they will move the luggage for us to the allocated room. This is the best service that we had encountered so far. One of the staff (Indian staff) assisted me to take my plates to my table during breakfast as I was heavily pregnant and we’re very delighted with all the services. There’s no hassle in checking in & out and all the staffs are very helpful during our stay. Kudos to all staff! I will surely be back for the excellent service and pleasant stay.
However, just a feedback, I felt that the mattress was very soft for me and I can’t sleep for the 2 days (maybe cause of my heavy weight as I’m pregnant, cause my husband who is very fussy with mattress found it ok though).. and the toilet can’t be locked, even if it can be locked, it’s very hard to open.. Hope you can look into this before others feedback about it.. thank you and keep up the good work! 

1 Thank Greeny_me
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Comfortable room with adequate amenities. Quick check- in and check-out. Good spread of breakfast buffet. F&B staff was efficient and i got my table for 3 in less than a minute despite the place was packed.