“Nice Indian meal in a casual setting ”

Olive Kitchen + Bar
Ranked #21 of 1,244 Restaurants in Johor Bahru
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the coolest chillout bistro bar in Johor with a magnificent waterfront view of the harbour.
Reviewed 20 October 2019 via mobile

We visited here on our first night in JB as a recommendation from my sister. We ordered a range of foods including the butter tandoori chicken, a selection of naan’s, rice and biriyani. Service was great and the food was really nice. We also had a few cocktails which went down a treat

1  Thank mleveridge
Write a reviewReviews (156)

Reviewed 10 October 2019

Previously service + food was superb, but today I’m very very disappointed with
1)service-filling drinking water into tumblers(many), spilled, never bother to wipe table.
2)food -horrible, vegetarian platter, dry and tasteless, panner squishy, pineapple bitter & sour, Vege Briyani over cooked & it taste more like fried rice.
When feedback to manager, the answer I got was, why other no complain only you saying not nice. He also sarcastically said its same cook, same service people,same SOP. Though he apologises but I could accept it because it wasn’t sincere.
Please take note this is not my first time to here, been many times that’s why I can know the differences.
I recommended this place to my friend for he moms birthday celebration but I really regret. I really felt shame of what happened. Will never ever Reccomend to anyone.......☹️☹️

5  Thank ThanalechumiR
Reviewed 8 October 2019 via mobile

We had our lunch at olive kitchen for three days during our stay... family of ten members... on our request Jain food was also served.
Tasty and yummy dishes.. to name in particular dal tadka and paneer butter masala was fabulous

Dessert could have been more better..

2  Thank sweetsangu
Reviewed 13 August 2019

Would like to thank the waiters and chefs for their impeccable service and heeding to my request to serve my dietary requirements. The waiter was able to tell me what on the menu could be made vegetarian with no garlic, onion and I ordered a few to try. All the dishes were very impressive!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 29 July 2019 via mobile

This is one of the few good places to have a decent meal in Puteri Harbour. Been here a few times and all the meals have been good. Service can be a tad slow during peak hours.

Date of visit: August 2018