“Not that great curry, just average..........”

Kam Long Curry Fish Head
Ranked #13 of 1,244 Restaurants in Johor Bahru
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 23 January 2019 via mobile

We were there at 9.30am & place was full. Waited for awhile to get a table.

Not difficult to find this place as it is located not far from behind City Square Mall. Along a row of main road shophouses, directly opposite a Silk Temple & Galleria at Kotaraya.

Food is just average. The curry is quite diluted. It comes in 2 versions. The head or tail portions. Tried both.
Portion looks big because they used a big claypot filled with lots of curry. But as said, the curry is pretty diluted ,& not fragrant.

Have eaten many other better fish head curries, which usually their curries are thick & fragrant.

This being a typical old coffee shop, don't expect much in service or hygiene.

Date of visit: January 2019
Write a reviewReviews (146)

Reviewed 13 January 2019 via mobile

I have been frequent visitor to JB. Always on my own. But this time round i went to Jb with my bf. He rarely comes to JB and heard about Kam Long fish head curry. I have always walked pass the shop and there is always a queue outside the shop. Surprisely on a thursday morning at 9plus, me and my bf were ushered to a table. But after ordering my curry, a queue started forming up.

This is my first time trying the store. We waited about 15-20mins for our dish. The curry fish head was served piping hot in a claypot. First spoon of the curry, it is so favorful. I can easily eat two plates of rice with the curry. It goes so well.

I noticed alot of solo eater having their curry alone too. So solo jb visitor, dont have to wait for friends. You can have the fish head curry all by yourself.

1  Thank charhugkiss
Reviewed 8 January 2019

Stall looked a little unhygienic at first glance with flies flying all over the fish head and cooking area. However due to popular reviews, we still decided to try it anyway. Fish Head curry here turned out to be one of the better ones ive eaten. The curry was delicious and the fish head had infused all the taste from the curry. Recommended if you have a strong stomach!

Reviewed 7 January 2019

Never missed it. A must to eat while in JB. The response is getting more serious. By 10am there was a long queue already. But for the curry fish, it was worth waiting and and the queue. My quests also put their thumbs up

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 1 January 2019

Long queue but the wait was worth it. The curry was very flavourful and light. The fish was fresh and meaty. You can actually drink the curry on its own. Was weird having it for breakfast but was quite an experience. On my way to the toilet, I passed by the kitchen where a group of malay aunties were preparing and cooking huge pots of curry. Kitchen was clean. They had a small room within the kitchen where they store all the spices (i think they blend the curry paste inside too) and the aroma from the room was mindblowing. Great way to start your morning.

Date of visit: December 2018