“Dated but Comfortable”

Ranked #80 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Klang, Selangor
“Dated but Comfortable”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

This was a last minute trip so I booked online and for the price I got a fair deal. To begin with, yes, the hotel is old and certainly looks it. There was a kinda musky smell in the room, the furniture all looks dated, you get a 14' CRT TV with not much channel selection, and even then some channels have poor clarity. The toilet looks old and because of that you get the impression that it's dirty but it's not. It is clean though I wouldn't recommend soaking in the tub. Oh, do be careful with the shower head, the water pressure is so strong that the shower head tends to fly off it's holder! There is also no hair dryer in the room, though there is a shared iron and ironing board at the corridor which looks strange to me. Breakfast variety was limited but adequate. Location wise, although the hotel is centrally located in thr city, there is nothing within walking distance except for a few food stalls and car wash outlets. You could take a 10 minutes walk across the street to Pelangi Mall but for safety and security reasons I would recommend against it. Overall an OK hotel for the price I paid. Would I return? Only if I really have to.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank attw

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for three nights. The check in process very easy. Even though I reserved a lot of room. Spacious and comfortable twin room but the room looks a bit old . May be due to hotel ages. But that's not a problem to me as long as the room was comfortable its good enough for me. The bathrooms are most important to me. I am very picky with cleanliness of the bathroom. but fortunately the bathroom very clean. but just one that I don't like about this hotel, where iron board placed outside the room and near the elevator. The hotel should provide a special room for ironing clothes. And the iron board already should be discarded however is still being used by the hotel. at least if you want to reduce the budget, perhaps the hotel can use cover iron board to close all the holes that are on the Board or maybe a housekeeping department can ease themselves send the iron into the rooms when there is request. Overall, im very happy with this hotel. Not bad for me.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank keihahn
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Ive stayed in many hotels in jb even tried the budget ones which was much cleaner than this hotel. We had a bad first impression of the man who checked us in and even asking what room category we booked eventhough it clearly stated in our confirmation letter. Upon entering the room i did not wanted to stay as the whole room looks terrible. I cant believe that they are selling those kind of rooms and i thought we had the worst room in the hotel. There was a musky smell in the room. The carpet is dirty and furnitures are old. The wallpaper are stained and peeling off too. I did not want to go inside the bathroom, the floor tiles are dirty and the bathtub color paint are peeled off. So not worth the money. We ddnt had choice because its already late night. There are way better hotel around the area like KSL or Paragon Hotel. Dont stay here.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Johor Bahru hotels

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 22 December 2013

The hotel room is spacious but it's very dusty. The carpets are dirty, the bathroom is dirty. Even the cups at the buffet were dirty. The ac was too cold and the temperature could not be controlled. The facilities in the hotel were substandard. I would never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
singapore
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Had stayed recently in the hotel. It maybe near the causeway but everything else in the hotel sucks. From Interior to Services. Therefore the price we paid , i rather add a couple more dollors to stay in a better hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Holidaybabies4
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Sigh...not satisfied with the hotel overall... room was so poor.. bathroom
.bed..mattress. ..even the old tv... sigh... I stayed for 2nights..... even the location is stragetic...but the delivery of service was dissapointed me...-MHMK-

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank mohdhaizi
Kajang
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My mum and I stayed here as we bought a Legoland package together with the hotel stay. The price is quite reasonable, We took a 3D2N package. No transportation to Legoland is provided in the package, but you can get transportation from the hotel to Legoland with extra charges. There are ample parking spaces at the hotel so no need to worry if you drive your own car. The staff was very friendly and helpful especially in informing us on how to go to Legoland (since it was newly opened at that time). The room was spacious and clean. There were some restaurants nearby too but I guess I preferred to go other places for more choices. The breakfast was okay with an array of choices available. With the room rate, I guess it is worth your money to stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family