Mood Hotel
Ranked #37 of 109 Hotels in Johor Bahru
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Budget hotel with good services, found a lot of the facilities is user friendly, environment cleanliness. Well kept and maintained. All the item required are ready such like hair blower, hot water machine and so on.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Everything is ok. Having a pleasant night with my brother on the double room. The only messy thing is that the bathroom is too modern, which I meant is the wall of it is just a piece of glass with the center covered by some painting. Feel like it is not so comfortable for 2 big boys like us. Maybe the couples will like it. Not asking to change it.. everything is just good and awesome !!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Was given a room on the ground floor. Small room with attach bathroom and NO Window. The room and bathroom is fairly new, things were in good condition and pretty clean. The bathroom however turned horribly wet and water was everywhere as there isn't a door or shower curtain to prevent the water from going to the rest of the bathroom. Please be extra care as it was very slippery. I would suggest to other guests to bring along a pair of anti slip slipper especially if an elderly is sharing the room. The hotel management should seriously look into the issue of either putting a shower curtain or a glass door to prevent the entire bathroom flooded before someone slips.

Room Tip: Do request in advance for a room with a window :)
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2014

A pleasant stay for 2 nights. Room was rather small, however it was cozy enough for my partner and I. It was clean. Bathroom floor got very wet after taking showers as there was no door separating the shower area from the rest of the bathroom.
Most importantly, friendly staff.
Overall, had a good stay. I would recommend it to couples.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Went with friends to check-in for our 3 rooms at this new hotel but was disappointed. Room small, no windows, no handsoap, water cold for bathing in the morning, asked for late check-out till 1pm but told that a charge will be imposed and the toilet became so wet after shower as there was no door at the shower area.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AnfieldYNWA
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed here for one week while my business trip to JB.This area offers a lot of hotels and I tried a lot of them during the last two years.So I was quite curious for this hotel which opened not quite long ago.
I booked the king deluxe suite.Sad thing was to realize that it's a quite small room with a bath. Though the room is quite modern and clean but the space they offer isn't bigger than a normal standard room in other hotel.It was actually hilarious narrow to be considered as a king deluxe suite.
Another thing I felt annoyed was that the staff didn't make up my room two days in a row.Coming home on the late evening and realizing your room is in the same constitution how you left it in the morning is quite annoying even some more it happens two times in a row. After telling this the lady on the reception she told me I switched the door display to not make up my room.Well... After telling her I even made a photo of the display in the morning showing "pls make up my room" with my blackberry and showing her she didn't react.At least on the next day the room was made up.My final day though.
But the hotel is very nice and new. The big variety of shops,restaurants and bars the area offer is just great. The prices for the rooms and names they give the rooms are... a bit too much.
You can find other hotels in this area that request less money for more space.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Markus Z
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I with our 2 young children stayed in this hotel that booked by our friend. This is the new boutique hotel, very cozy and clean. We stayed in the family room with 2 double beds that spacious enough and comfortable for all of us. We took the flight to Johor Bahru, our main purpose is for meeting. I consider this is the perfect place for business trip, the hotel is serounding by various of restaurants, pubs, cafes, boutiques, spa etc. We can have supper after the busy day, and we have no problem finding food or have a drink at late night.

We staying here for 3 days, all our meetings around this area by walking. Sutera Mall just around the corner, we don't need any transportation. The hotel has a conference meeting room which you can book for small group discussion.

If you are here for family holiday and you are driving, this hotel is not too far from many attractions and the price is reasonable. This is the very basic hotel that provide stay and sleep, if you are expecting resort style hotel, this is not the place because the hotel doesn't has the facilities.

The good thing is the security of the hotel is good, the main entrance is knocked all the time. We need our room card to enter the hotel, besides that they also have a security guard ouside the hotel. Parking are available because the hotel is at the end of the shop lot, the side of the hotel has many parking lots. Even though we stayed there during weekend, those friends who visited us have no problem for parking. I will stay here again if I'm in JB.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
#41 of 109 in Johor Bahru
Ritzton Hotel
Ritzton Hotel
#30 of 109 in Johor Bahru

Been to Mood Hotel? Share your experiences!