Legoland Malaysia Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hotel Jen Puteri Harbour, Johor(Johor Bahru)
Hotel Nusa(Johor Bahru)
View Hotel
Victory City Hotel(Johor Bahru)
View Hotel
Gem Hotel Nusajaya(Johor Bahru)
View Hotel
Hotel Holmes - GP(Gelang Patah)
View Hotel
D Elegance Hotel(Gelang Patah)
2,615 results
All reviewstreasure hunttreasure chestwater parklego brickstheme parkbunk bedspirate roombricks restaurantkingdom roomfamily restaurantpirate shipthemed roomsdisco lightsdisco liftsboth parksfree legopremium adventure
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This motel has some of the happiest and helpful staff I have ever seen. All issues were fixed immediately from a non working light to a flat battery in our hire car. The rooms and public areas are all spotlessly clean. My kids had a ball from the reception to our rooms every thing was fun. The meals were a bit average and expensive but the restaurant was clean and fun and staff were very friendly. Overall very good quality and a great time. One of the only motels we found that could sleep 5 in one room.

Room Tip: Pirates or castles
4  Thank Damien S
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed at the Legoland hotel for 1 night with my two boys (aged 4 and 2), and my wife in July. We stay in Singapore and it was a 1 hour bus ride to the hotel. Let me begin with the positives first.

1. It is a new hotel and hence the rooms are nice and other facilities within the hotel are good. It is a great hotel for kids, it has themed rooms and there is a big lego play area near the reception. It keeps the kids busy while you are checking in.

2. The hotel is very close or literally attached to the park and it is very convenient to go to the park.

3. The staff is courteous and always smiling. This is where all the positives end.

Here are aspects that the hotel could improve.

1. When we got off the bus, we were told that our bags would be taken care of (just as any other hotel). I was expecting that the baggage tags would be handed over to me, while I am at the reception and then having breakfast at the restaurant. I waited for a while and then went near the entrance and saw my bag just lying there at the entrance, it had not been carried in!. I had to carry it myself and get a baggage tag.

2. The check in time is 4pm and we had reached the hotel at 11am. We were hungry and wanted to eat at the restaurant. The restaurant was closed and we were asked to wait for 1 hour before it opened again.

3. In the evening we went down to the restaurant (Bricks cafe) for dinner. We were told that it was an international buffet. We were charged RM 300 per head for the buffet. We would have been more than ok if the buffet was truly international. But it was mainly local food (Malay and Chinese). There was some pasta and I believe they considered it to be international!! It was VERY disappointing. The food was also not arranged in any particular order. It was a large restaurant and one had to walk from one end to another just to get a glass of juice or water. The service at the restaurant was extremely slow. They would not take away the dishes even when we would ask them to clear the table. They would ask each other to clear the table. I would consider the food to be below par. It was a terrible experience we had in the restaurant.

4. The next day in the morning my younger son had diarrhea (not linked to the restaurant food). We asked the restaurant if they could serve breakfast for my wife in our room, as she and my younger son could not go down to the restaurant. But we were told that it was not possible and we would have to pay separately if we wanted breakfast served in the room. We had already paid for the break fast as part of the package and my wife was not asking for an elaborate breakfast. We were only asking for toast and tea. I had to go down to the restaurant and speak to the manager before they finally agreed to send the breakfast for my wife.

5. We had to check out by 1pm, which we did. But we also wanted to go back to the park as our bus to Singapore was to leave only by 6pm. We kept our luggage at the baggage area and we were given a tag. When we arrived at 5.45pm to collect our luggage, they could not find it. The bus driver was telling us that he might have to leave without us if we cannot find the baggage. The hotel staff was very cool about it and were taking their own sweet time to look for my luggage. It was only when I approached the manager and lost my cool is when they seriously started looking for my luggage. They finally managed to find my bags just a few minutes after six and we managed to catch the bus.

The park itself is very good and meant for kids aged 4 to 8 yrs. Ideally you should stay at the hotel at least for 1 night if you want to enjoy all the rides and the water park. Also there is a Hello Kitty and Thomas play area about 15 minutes from the hotel. It is worth a visit. Both my kids had a great time. It takes about 1.5 to 2 hours to enjoy all the rides at Thomas play area.

If you want to go to Legoland, currently there is no other option other than staying at Legoland hotel. Hopefully the upcoming hotels close by will force Legoland to improve their service. They have a good hotel, they just need to improve their service!

Hope this review helps!

15  Thank Sambasing
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Staying in a hotel next to a theme park is usually because of its proximity to the park, however, the hotel itself is an attraction to the kids and entertaining for those young at heart.

The Lego layout and the Lego building pools at the lobby and at the kid's playing area are attractive to the kids. We have had difficulty digging them out. They can spend hours there. They danced a lot when playing the xbox dancing game at the kid's playing area just outside the family brick restaurant. It's fun watching 4 kids dancing together in a line.

The disco themed lift was another fun spot for them... Danced a lot inside. We chose a kingdom themed premier room, sleeps 5 max... were not disappointed though it was a bit on the small side. The locked chest with 3 sets of complimentary Lego toys ("Chima" this time), the separate TV, the bunk bed, the Lego themed carpet, the decors, & the Lego soap bar... All made the kids crazy. The only problem is the lower deck of the bunk bed. It's way too low for taller kids and they inevitably bumped their heads against the bed. So don't expect that the bunk bed can sleep 3 tall kids...2 kids at most with one sleeping on the top deck & the other on the pull out bed.

Buffet breakfast was included but the crowd was crazy at around 9:00am-9:30 am. U'll have to wait for more than 20 mins to be seated. Waiters/waitresses were slow in motion and therefore the tables were not tidied up promptly to seat another family. Moreover, U have to wait forever for the cutlery, so u'll see many using the plastic ones for kids placed at the buffet counter instead. It's certainly not good for the environment. Everyone was eager to go to the park after breakfast & this inefficient restaurant had wasted much of our valuable time. Go as early as possible to avoid the long wait.

Kudos to the Housekeeping, response to requests was fast & the room was clean.

Free wifi was available with password but the connection was so bad thst u just fail to go online anyway.

Check out was a breeze by just dropping the key cards in the express check out Dropbox when u have prepaid for your room.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Adrianmama
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very nice, especially if you vacation with young children. It is located next to Legoland Park and Waterpark. The lobby is full of decoration with legos and it has a place for children to play with the legos. Very interesting hotel for Lego lovers. The deluxe theme room that we stayed, is nicely decorated with many ornaments. Children will be thrilled when they entered the room. The room is good for family of 4/5, since it has a queen bed and bunk bed. Breakfast is excellent with a lot of varieties. Overall it is a perfect family vacation hotel in Johor.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank JnJTraveller
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Staying at the Legoland Hotel was the right choice because of its proximity to both the Theme Park and the Water Park. We were first greeted by a very helpful concierge staff and the kids immediately warmed up by playing at the lego play area at the lobby. It was indeed a great idea to kill time while checking in. There were a lot of ooos and ahhhhs when we first entered the room. The double-decker beds were indeed a dream come true for my boys. The highligt was the treasure hunt to open the treasure chest. It made my 10 year old especially happy when he managed to open the treasure chest and found "treasures"! The connecting room created a lot more fun for the children. The staff at the parks were helpful and friendly. They offered help voluntarily to take pictures for our families without prompting.

However, there are a few areas to improve on to make Legoland Malaysia on par with first class standard. The followings are some of the areas i noticed which i hope the management will look into to make our future stays even more satisfactory:
1)Hotel buffet was good with a variety of local delights but coffee was disappointing
2)Staff at the Water Park didn't get the system ready at the main entrance by the stipulated time which is 10am. At 10am, even though the queue were getting long but the staff were obviously not ready. Kids were getting impatient as their mood were high.
3)We were told for hotel guests, we could enter the Theme Park at 9:30am but to our disappointment, almost everything was only operational until 10:30am. We woke up early, rushed to have our breakfast to enter the park earlier but were not able to do anything for a good hour. I hope the park could start some activities for the early birds. Perhaps list down the activities which are starting at 9:30am so that guests could go straight to those once enter the park without wasting time to find out what activities start at what time.

Last but not least, despite some minor hiccups, all of us were having great fun. The BIG lego survenir shop was also a heaven for kids. To add to our highlight at the shop, we met the GM, Mark. He is a nice and children friendly gentleman. Our children remember him fondly.

Tricia Lee